Code of Conduct

Default Looking for something like this

So I bought myself new roll on from Nivea.

It is this: http://www.niveaformen.com/products/...#product25796/

I really like scent on it, so It would be cool if anyone know any fragrance that smells similar to it. I dont know anything like that. Only thing that it reminds me bit is Fahrenheit (but without petrol note).

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by dreamer81; 15th August 2011 at 08:19 AM.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Default Re: Looking for something like this

Off-topic: does it protect well? I use the Nivea Fresh roll on.
    Slightly off-topic: http://www.nivea-international.com/p...ross-shave-gel Do you know a fragrance that smells like the Easy Cross shave gel? I happen to love that smell

Sorry I can't help you with your question.
    Acqua di Gi is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Another quite affordable grooming and cosmetics product remind me of the scent of Nivea: the Cool Wave range by Gillette

Also, quite old-fashioned and low-cost frags with a certain "barbershop soapiness", like German mass-market classics like Tabac Original and Sir Irisch Moos have a certain similar crisp, creamy and clean vibe in tune with Nivea Silver protect

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    Off-topic: does it protect well? I use the Nivea Fresh roll on.
    Slightly off-topic: http://www.nivea-international.com/p...ross-shave-gel Do you know a fragrance that smells like the Easy Cross shave gel? I happen to love that smell

Sorry I can't help you with your question.
    Yes, it protects well for many hours and doesnt interfere much with my EDTs since its used under clothes...
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Another quite affordable grooming and cosmetics product remind me of the scent of Nivea: the Cool Wave range by Gillette

Also, quite old-fashioned and low-cost frags with a certain "barbershop soapiness", like German mass-market classics like Tabac Original and Sir Irisch Moos have a certain similar crisp, creamy and clean vibe in tune with Nivea Silver protect
    So you say it has some barbershop soapiness feeling? I never tried any barbershop fragrances so dont know what does barbershop feel smell like. Right now I have both Le Male (4th hour since drydown) and this Nivea deodorant on me and they both share that vibe of manly spiceness. Nivea being closer to Fahrenheit tho.

Does it mean that I will like barbershop fragrances like Rive Gauche?
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Shameless self bump. Still looking
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

I am also hoping to find something similar to Nivea Silver (called Platinum Protect in the US). I can detect mint, citrus, some floral note, and I think cinnamon/vanilla. The deodorant also lists coumarin. I don't know if that helps or not. Also, at my work, we have a fragrance lamp juice called "Mimosa", and it reminds me a lot of the Nivea Silver.

I'm wanting to try Dunhill Fresh to see if it is similar. I've seen it compared to Fahrenheit, and Fahrenheit compared to the Nivea Silver/Platinum. Plus, it has the mint, mimosa, and coumarin. Hmm...can anybody test/confirm my theory?

If it smells anything like Gillette deodorant or shaving cream, then try Platinum Egoiste.

I have Platinum Egoiste, but it doesn't remind me of the Nivea but thanks for the suggestion!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post

If it's like Gillette Cool Wave I know that Gillette just came out with a Cool Wave Aftershave. For what that's worth.

Good question.
    It does have a very intriguing note in it.
    Now you'll have me wondering about your question all day.
    Cheers,
    Renato

So I gave in and ordered a bottle of Dunhill Fresh. Sure enough, it is very similar to Nivea Silver. Not quite exact (a bit sweeter), but very close (especially in the drydown). I need to try some of the Fahrenheit flankers now to compare it to - even if I don't find an exact match, I'm having a great time trying!

Extreme Limite Sport by J.A. is also a little like it but not very.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ben View Post
    So I gave in and ordered a bottle of Dunhill Fresh. Sure enough, it is very similar to Nivea Silver. Not quite exact (a bit sweeter), but very close (especially in the drydown). I need to try some of the Fahrenheit flankers now to compare it to - even if I don't find an exact match, I'm having a great time trying!
    I am glad I am not only fan of this Nivea anti-perspirant here. I bought also deospray and shaving foam but they dont smell as nice as anti-perspirant. So far closest thing to it is Fahrenheit but I yet have to try Dunhill Fresh. Let me know if it is closer than Fahrenheit to your nose. Thank you

BTW thanks to everyone that tried to help. It definitely doesnt smell like Platinum Egoiste and it is close to impossible to find and sample other scents mentioned.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme