Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Burberry Port Wine London

MMMMMMMMMM...me likey! I'm about 15 minutes into it and it's this beautiful Port wine smell. I love a glass of port once in awhile and this smells EXACTLY like it, bravo Burberry

Default Re: Burberry Port Wine London

too bad longevity of this frag is poor. they should create an EDP version.

Yes, this is what Cuba Red does not have. If you lay that wine note on top of CR, and do it right of course, you'd get London.

I also get a very distinct high quality tobacco note from this one

I've noticed there is 50:50 ratio among ppl when it comes to longevity, fascinating indeed

I don't personally have any longevity issues with it.

I get good longevity, but not very much strength during those long hours of the base. But I'm also a shirt-sprayer, so I'm sure skin acts differently. What always stands out to me about it is the leafiness of the wood, and the carob (not chocolate) element.

I get good longevity as well, but I also find that it goes from top to base much quicker than your average fragrance. That longevity is almost completely base notes...

I agree with Redbeard, and the reason is that the Cuba Red type frag within London keeps going, as does CR itself, but the sillage is low. The wine type accord doesn't last nearly as long. This is why I swapped off my London, which is that since the wine thing doesn't last long enough, I'll just wear my CR instead.

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    I don't personally have any longevity issues with it.
    Nor do I.

does anyone else good a woody tree bark kind of note as well?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    does anyone else good a woody tree bark kind of note as well?
    Yep, along with tobacco leaf. This one's surprisingly nice to me, despite not being sweet in the traditional sense

yeah. i really really enjoy it as well. Just smells warm, comforting. cant find words right now

Spotty longevity on my skin -very body temp dependent. 3 hours if I just sit around....8+ hours if I move around a lot.
    Lovely scent IMO....given the appropriate mood.

Glad that you like this, Neurosis. I like it too and find it quite versatile. I don't wear it often, but its always a good choice. I don't have longevity or projection issues. Its nice to have something modern and mature. Also, the price is very decent.

With regards to the port wine note, I agree, it certainly adds an interesting element. Mostly, once that is gone, I get a tobacco aroma dry down. The base comes at least 7 or 8 hours in, which is a restrained sweet accord.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Just swapped for a bottle of this, and I love it! The longevity IS an issue, but everything else about London is just terrific imho.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    too bad longevity of this frag is poor. they should create an EDP version.
    about a year ago there was a London special edition that I noticed in Marshall's. It clearly was for men (or pour homme, whichever way they identified it as masculine), and it was clearly labelled eau de parfum. I remember bringing this up in one of the "I found it at TJ Maxx" threads, and one other person saw it also. But that's it. Poof. gone altogether now.

personally, I already had London and didn't wear it ever, so I was only even considering it as a "collection" type of purchase. probably should have, in hindsight.