Code of Conduct

Default Ajmal musk gazelle, is this a joke?

I have ordered ajmal musk gazelle from e-bay and it recently arrived. I have read some positive reviews about ajmal musk gazelle on basenotes, but i was totally shocked with the real thing. When I opened the bottle, a very powerful dried urine-like scent diffused all over the room, when applied on skin it resembles a barn-urine like mixture and it stays on the skin when skin is washed with soap even with alcohol.

Is this fragrance supposed to smell like this when used alone or is it only for use in very small concentrations as a fixative in a perfume blend or as an oil to alter the overall effect of a perfume mix?
    Last edited by scentinalos; 26th September 2010 at 09:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ajmal musk gazelle, is this a joke?

Do you mean this company?
    http://www.ajmalperfume.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ajmal musk gazelle, is this a joke?

Yes on all accounts Use it sparingly and you'll get nice results. It's not my favorite, but I do enjoy it occasionally. There are two grades though - mine is the slightly more expensive version and I get a lot of musky almond notes in it. It really is just a dab on pulse points kinda thing.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Post Thanks / Like

To my nose its castoreum and rotting flesh. This is really, really foul, and I usually like infamously skanky fragrances.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Did you just purchase a sample of it? I would hope that you didn't blind buy a full bottle.. this is DEFINITELY a polarizing fragrance. The description enough makes me never really wanna sample it.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you have the AA Ajmal Musk Ghazelle... not the original Musk Ghazelle.
    Is the juice a dark brown or a reddish brown?

The smell you describe is the AA version, whilst the more favorable reviews you might have read are for the original (out of production) version. Read more about that one here: http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com/2...sexy-back.html

AromiErotici

I had a 1ml vial of the very dark brown version that was thick and oily. It was an interesting sample wear on numerous occasions, but definitely too barnyard for me to wear socially.

Indeed, this is "Ajmal Musk Gazelle Grade AA Premium Perfume Oil". It is a dark brown oily liquid. I guess "Grade AA" states the purity/quality of the oil. I wonder if the original one is so much different from this version with regards to the urine-like resemblence.

On a review, this fragrance was mentioned as "socially unacceptable". Now I see what was meant.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scentinalos View Post
    I wonder if the original one is so much different from this version with regards to the urine-like resemblence.
    No, the original one is completely different in that regard. No mention of urine in the review I posted.