Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Hanae Mori HM...i think i'm having a fragrant affair...

Anyone who has seen my posts knows A*Men is my favorite fragrance. Recently, I got two samples of Hanae Mori HM with my purchase of Pure Malt. I'd smelled it once before and didn't care for it at all. I tried one of the samples with the same results...blech! Absolutely nauseating. A few days later i figured what the hell and tried it again, this time with a little more research. I noticed immediately a really sweet, candylike lemon smell, which is pretty nice. However, the thing that floored me? The Bulgarian Rose. Never in my life have a smelled something so beautiful and so well made. I sampled it for days and could not get over how much i loved the rose note. It was A*Men all over again in terms of addicting smell. I had to get a bottle, which i did a few days ago and i've been wearing it non-stop. Anyone love this fragrance as well?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hanae Mori HM...i think i'm having a fragrant affair...

I used to REALLY dig HM. I haven't worn it in a while, but today an SA sprayed some for me, and I could NOT stop sniffing the test card! So I'm probably going to pull out my bottle and give it a few wears this fall. Good stuff.

oh my god im totally with you on the bulgarian rose it smells SOO nice. Unfortunately for me, the notes only stay nice for a certain amount of time where i just get a buncha sandalwood with the chocolate and vanilla and then it smells a bit odd. but i like the scent overall

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I used to REALLY dig HM. I haven't worn it in a while, but today an SA sprayed some for me, and I could NOT stop sniffing the test card! So I'm probably going to pull out my bottle and give it a few wears this fall. Good stuff.
    Hanae Mori was my first true love of a scent which was off the beaten path. Up til then, I was only into the Armanis, CKs, D&Gs, etc. The salesman at Saks put several samples of Hanae Mori into my bag when I bought another scent. I tried it a few times and it just really smelled so "grown up" compared to the stuff I was used to. It was sweet, but not in a juvenile, simple way-- it had a bittersweet dark chocolate kind of quality with maybe a hint of Grand Marnier.

It's still a scent of which I limit my wearings so as to not get desensitized to it. I own the EDT, but the other day I was at Sephora and saw a tester of the EDP. Very nice! I may get the EDP at some point. A scent that I find similar to Hane Mori with some different twists is Casran by Chopard. I got Casran cheap at Marshalls and it was a bargain. Like HM, but with a slight cherry note.

I don't really wear many feminine smelling scents and I don't consider HM to be feminine smelling, though I can see where some would. I once had a jerk coworker taunt me "you smell pretty" when I was wearing HM. I didn't care.

Before there was Dior Homme, there was Hanae Mori HM.

Blog Entries

^ It's funny, Indie - I own the EDP, and am thinking of getting the EDT now. It was the EDT that got me liking HM, but when I smelled the EDP, I simply had to go for it. But after a couple of years, it's like the EDT teases and the EDP puts out, and the EDT seems attractive again. After two years of the EDP - when I often didn't feel up to wearing it - I'm sort of longing for the EDT's tendency to hint where the EDP lets it all hang out.

An absolutely complex and well-made scent. But I agree with Redneck Perfumisto. I discovered HM in the EDT form, bought the EDP, and now have it up for sale. I want to get the EDT now.

What is the major difference between the HM EDP vs EDT ? I hear EDP just last longer/projects, has less of the top lemon note and more is gourmand.

Quote Originally Posted by ctran019 View Post
    What is the major difference between the HM EDP vs EDT ? I hear EDP just last longer/projects, has less of the top lemon note and more is gourmand.
    Exactly and thats the reason I like the EDT more and only ownt he EDT. The EDT has the "lemonhead" top notes which last for a long time and then go into the middle and drydown. The EDP skipps the top and goes into the mid and drydown hard. The both last over 10 hours on my skin easy.
    My Youtube Review Channel: www.youtube.com/cutlasssupremesl

I'd say the EDP also has the lemon top but the EDT is less dense and more open and allows you to enjoy the notes more individually, which of course applies to the top notes as well. Also, for example the black current note also comes across more clearly and I'd like to have that back since it doesn't come out so well in the EDP.

A great scent.

Before I really got into fragrance I really liked this. Eventually it began to bore me, which was the reason I never purchased it back then. Now, however, I find it atrocious. I'm sorry, while novel in concept, you need to be VERY careful when creating a fragrance centered around the juxtaposition of two polar genres such as citrus and gourmand. IMO, HM severely misses the mark in its attempt, creating such a bizarre and unattractive mix. In a similar vain is L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme EDT (not EDP, that's more of a strict gourmand), and while it's SLIGHTLY better, it still falls short of such a lofty goal. Since, citrus and more gourmand notes, are, to my nose, not natural mates, it would take an incredibly deft perfumer to squeeze out a winner, and thus far, I haven't found anything that I find very good.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Before I really got into fragrance I really liked this. Eventually it began to bore me, which was the reason I never purchased it back then. Now, however, I find it atrocious...
    I must agree. I used to wear the hell out of this when it first came out, but now it sort of repels me when I smell it. I think it's the sweetness of it, that perhaps I lost my appetite for.

I ordered a bunch of samples from Perfumed Court, Hanae Mori EDT & EDP included. I wore the EDT yesterday and the EDP the day before. I don't really like this fragrance all that much. I don't detect a distinct lemon, nor anything resembling chocolate or vanilla in the dry-down. It's simply smells of a generic sweetness, especially in the base. My gf didn't really like it either, and my mother, who generally likes everything, surprisingly didn't care for it. I don't hate it by any means, but it was just "meh." The EDP and EDT smelled quite similar to my nose, the only difference being that the EDP had a dab of something that smells like a cherry cordial.

Today I am wearing a sample of Dior Homme Intense, which I like better than HM. I'm still not sure if I'll buy this one, as it's a little too powdery. Tomorrow I am testing Guerlain L'Instant Extreme.

Oh, last week I tested Animale Animale and I like that one quite a bit. Might pick up a bottle. It's chocolate, pineapple, moss, & sandalwood. If you like HM or A*Men, I definitely recommend you give it a try. It actually reminds me of Axe Dark Temptation deodorant stick (minus the pineapple).