Code of Conduct

Default SotD, Monday September 27th 2010

Good morning! I'm wearing Olivier Cresp's lush, carnal reformulation of Rochas Femme today. I should really wear this one a lot more often.

Default Re: SotD, Monday September 27th 2010

Basenotes Plus

L'Occitane Eau des Baux.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Good girl, Dom ... you smell divine!

Autumn is finally comming ...
    time to bring out the heavy hitters!

Yay!

Happy New Week

Wearing D & G ANTHOLOGY 10 ,LA RUE DE LA FORTUNE
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Plus

A La Nuit by Serge Lutens.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Thumbs up Re: SotD, Monday September 27th 2010

VETIVER

Officina Profumo Farmaceutica
    di Santa Maria Novella di Firenze
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Good girl, Dom ... you smell divine!
    Actually, I smell like I fell into a vat of sasaparilla rootbeer...with an almond-vanilla icing cake thrown in my face!

Quote Originally Posted by domperrier View Post
    Actually, I smell like I fell into a vat of sasaparilla rootbeer...with an almond-vanilla icing cake thrown in my face!
    And what's there not to like about that?!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    And what's there not to like about that?!

Nothing, actually...

Le Parfum de Therèse.

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Yves Saint Laurent - Rive Gauche pour Homme Intense. Have a great week!

Notes include bergamot, star anise, rosemary, clove, lavender, geranium, patchouli, vetiver, Guaiac wood and tonka.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Aromatics Elixir today. Working from home with only the cat (pictured left) for company, so can be liberal with the sprays and won't have to worry about offending anyone! Have a good week all.

Devilcat, that sounds marvellous! I love really indulging in a huge cloud of Aromatics Elixir, but I'm a little afraid of killing someone with the sillage.

Basenotes Plus

Maison Francis Kurkdjian Cologne Pour le Soir
    Notes include infusion of benzoin from Siam, Bulgarian and Iranian rose honey, incense absolute

Wish you all a smooth start to your week!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Givenchy III this Monday.

Bond No.9 Signature Perfume
    Gary

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Hermès Bel Ami this morning
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Starting the week off with Shiseido Femenite du Bois. I've been enjoying this one quite a bit the last couple of weeks since it has finally cooled off.

It smells so good in here this morning! Finally, the rain has come to Virginia. It's gloomy and gray (yay!). I'm finishing off a sample of Un Bois Vanille this morning. I smell like a glass of Amontillado.

Sophi, I love that pic of Cosmos.

On this rainy Monday morning, I needed something warm and comforting. I'm wearing Guerlain Bois d'Armenie from a sample (Thanks Ubu!). This is just gorgeous !!!
    Last edited by pomander; 27th September 2010 at 05:45 PM.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

People of the Labyrinths Luctor et Emergo

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I smell like a glass of Amontillado.
    Well, that's to be expected....but what does your perfume smell like?

I'm in vintage Joy parfum this morning. I'm not in the mood for this very often, but when I am - and I am - it's utterly divine.

Y'all have a great day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    Lol! I know what yours smells like...divine!

Good morning or good afternoon, as your time zone goes
    Today it's Musc Ravageur from the Frédéric Malle line. Maybe the temp is still a little too warm for it....one lady on the bus was claiming she was suffocating. I blushed and tried to be as inconspicous as i could, although i actually don't know if she was referring to my perfume
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Hello all. Wearing my sample Belle d'Opium again.
    DONNA

I'm in vintage Joy parfum this morning. I'm not in the mood for this very often, but when I am - and I am - it's utterly divine.

Y'all have a great day!
    WOW Evangeline....this perfume drives me crazy.....
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Perfumes

Thanks lilybelle - you smell gorgeous, too!

Roberto - Really? Well, maybe I should consider wearing it more often!
    Honestly, I don't know how I manage to forget how good it is! I think I must just take it for granted, like Chanel No5.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Institution

Morning ,all ! Amouage Ubar for me this morning .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

For the second day I'm wearing

31 RUE CAMBON

to give it another go. I'm still loving the opening, which is the reverse of my usual experience with Chanel's buzzing aldehydes. I can still detetct the odd whiff of gorgeous powdery peach several hours after application. It is healthier today than it was yesterday. Things are looking up.
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

Back from SF yesterday. Tired as hell but happy as hell. Great food, too much walking. Sorry to miss the BN meetup there Saturday, but I did think about you guys! It was truly satisfying to finally see the city my son has made his home in. Got to tour Google and lunch there. It was priceless to watch my kids go down the famous Google "slide". Must be nice to have a job overlooking the SF bay bridge. To all you bay area residents: I envy your food, culture variety and views, but NOT the walking/getting around!! Don't think I've ever walked so much (esp vertically). My son lives half mile from the nearest Muni transportation, so every meal/trip must be really planned and thought out. LOVED the area, though!!!!

Today I am in SS Femme Jolie.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Blog Entries

E
    T
    R
    O

Todays scent: Shaal Nur by ETRO.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 27th September 2010 at 03:02 PM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I can still smell despite being very stuffed up (first cold of the season) but I'm consoling myself with a paperback, rooibos rose tea and L'Artisan Jour de Fête.

Basenotes Institution

Mouchoir de Monsieur by Guerlain

Indeed Pimpinett - a little goes a long way with AE!

Poor 30 Roses; I hope you are back to full sniffage soon!

I'm wearing Cabochard today, courtesy of my best friend. We decided it would be fun to swap scents from our respective wardrobes this week. We can only choose scents that we don't own. This should be interesting, because we have fairly different tastes. And I am already rethinking my choice of Cabochard as I type this, but hopefully the scent will get better on me as the day progresses. Take care, all.

Scent of the Evening

EAU de STAR

by Thierry Mugler

Basenotes Plus

SotE -

273 Beverly Hills - used to be my grandma's bottle, I still love it and think of her when I wear it.

Basenotes Plus

Monday, Monday! It's become so unseasonably HOT here that my SOTD is a heavy application of antiperspirant and a light spritz of AG "Eau du Sud"
    Last edited by knit at nite; 27th September 2010 at 05:16 PM.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Hello, you fine and fragrant people! I've missed you. We've been out of town because my father fell ill and died. It was quite an ordeal, and I'm very glad to be home and in a (more) normal routine. If there is any big news I missed about any of you, would you please PM me?

My SotD is Scherrer, thanks to a package making the rounds (thanks Mumsy!). On me, it's a powdery green with a lot of appeal! :-)

Haunani, sincere condolences to you and your family on such a sad loss. I wish you the strength to bear it.

Sestra.
    Reformulation without information is fraud. Call the police.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Hello, you fine and fragrant people! I've missed you. We've been out of town because my father fell ill and died. It was quite an ordeal, and I'm very glad to be home and in a (more) normal routine. If there is any big news I missed about any of you, would you please PM me?

My SotD is Scherrer, thanks to a package making the rounds (thanks Mumsy!). On me, it's a powdery green with a lot of appeal! :-)
    So sorry to hear your sad news, Haunani. Hope you and the family are managing to pull together at such a difficult time.

Today is CdG Avignon -- again. I may be in love.

Also making appearances in different spots on my left hand (because, lord help me, I couldn't wait to try them all): just-arrived samples of PdE's Ambre Russe and Cuir d'Ottoman and CdG's Ouarzazate and Jaisalmer. There is a very good chance my FB wishlist just got longer.

Other samples that I will wait until later this evening to try: Diptype Tam Dao, CdG Kyoto, and CdG Wonderwood.

(Apparently, I'm on a bit of a wood and incense kick, with a little amber and leather thrown in for good measure.)

Haunani, my sincere condolences! I'm so very sorry!

Leesee, how nice that you have a "real life" friend to play fragrance games with.

30 Roses, I hope you get your sniffer back soon.

Btw, my SotA is a spritz of Opium Poésie de Chine between my wrists; which, compared to Lutens' Un Bois Vanille on my neck, smells like el crapo, and I really like this version of Opium. Just goes to show...quality will out.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 27th September 2010 at 07:52 PM.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Blue Amber today. I'm still on a little bit of a high after such a good football weekend, wins by both the Chiefs and the Jayhawks!

Haunani, sending you my condolences. (It's nice to see you back on BN.)

Today was Bond #9 Chelsea Flowers - from a sample.

First off, condolences to Haunani.

My SoTD was to "compensate" for something I apparently brought in from the garden on my shoe this morning (LOL)... I cleaned the shoe, but there was a distinctive "barnyard pong" to it... so I oversprayed Terre d'Hermes. (which kind of worked but the "sillage" from the shoe was overpowering the TdH!) ... later I spritzed a sample of Graines de Paradis, which made me smell like a Morrocan spice market surrounded by goats, sheep, and the end-results of both these critters, in combination. Good thing I spent a lot of my day walking around our facility, I'm afraid that my general "atmosphere" was probably a bit on the cringeworthy side!

So to the musky drydown of Graines, I've added "Tea Rose", and now I just smell like a blooming rose that is sitting atop a slightly mucky mulch.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Oh ((Haunani)) - I'm so sorry! How shocking and sudden this must be for you - you're in my thoughts.

My sote is vintage Youth Dew, a bit of oil in my bath then a splash of cologne - this should last until morning! Y'all have nice evening.

Basenotes Institution

Haunani - I am very sorry to hear the news.HUGS. Thinking of you, H.
    30 Roses- getter better soon and I'm also thinking of you and the family too.

This evening ,I am testing out the talented Kaitlyn Donovan's Smoke Follows Beauty perfume oil and Lapsong Suchong oil.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 27th September 2010 at 11:34 PM.

Happy Monday, everyone, and hugs and well wishes to Hanauni or anybody else who wants/needs them. Today I'm in one of my favorites, Chanel No.19 parfum (modern formulation). Lately I've really been sticking with a handful of favorite fragrances, and much of my collection is feeling very ignored.

Yesterday I sampled Mazzolari Lui, and it was a very poor choice for the heatwave we've had here, lol. But, I was at least reminded that Lui is sort of the amber version of Lutens' MKK. That is to say, it is very skanky on the top with civet, castoreum, etc., but like MKK tames rather quickly. The drydown is a very leathery, labdanum-heavy amber/patchouli which will be great in the cooler months. I suppose one could say that after the initial nose-assault, it is rather ho-hum-hippie-shop underneath it all.

Basenotes Institution

Hello to Asha ! Good to see you ! I hear it's very very hot in LA right now.

Thank you to all for the kind words. You are a big-hearted and special bunch. And you are SO fragrant! :-)

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    First off, condolences to Haunani.

My SoTD was to "compensate" for something I apparently brought in from the garden on my shoe this morning (LOL)... I cleaned the shoe, but there was a distinctive "barnyard pong" to it... so I oversprayed Terre d'Hermes. (which kind of worked but the "sillage" from the shoe was overpowering the TdH!) ... later I spritzed a sample of Graines de Paradis, which made me smell like a Morrocan spice market surrounded by goats, sheep, and the end-results of both these critters, in combination. Good thing I spent a lot of my day walking around our facility, I'm afraid that my general "atmosphere" was probably a bit on the cringeworthy side!

So to the musky drydown of Graines, I've added "Tea Rose", and now I just smell like a blooming rose that is sitting atop a slightly mucky mulch.
    DANG, luna. You are such an intrepid layering experimenter. Most folks would have just changed SHOES. LOL!
    I'm so cynical at times but I bet the "rose in the maroccan market accord" would sell well with a niche label on it.

Haunani- sorry for your loss, but glad you are back.
    A Scent Rescuer

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Cloked in the smoky vetiver of Sycomore tonight
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

My Sote.....Cooper Square by Bond No.9
    Gary

Haunani, I am so sorry about your news. Prayers to you and your family.
    30 Roses, get well soon

Hi Asha!!!!!

Today I wore Anais Anais for another suffocating hot day
    Evenstar

Basenotes Plus

night,night all.
    Off to dreamland in Tuscan Soul
    A Scent Rescuer

Thanks lilybelle - you smell gorgeous, too!

Roberto - Really? Well, maybe I should consider wearing it more often!
    Honestly, I don't know how I manage to forget how good it is! I think I must just take it for granted, like Chanel No5.
    Wear it often. It is one of the most beautiful, magnificent and voluptuous perfume on earth
    Perfumes