Code of Conduct

Default Bonfire night....

bonfire night...i just love the smell of that damp, smokey, autumnal aroma that fills the air at that time of year....so with that in mind, what smokey fragrance would conjure up images of bonfire night?....
    Last edited by Str8_SHAVER; 26th July 2010 at 04:21 PM.

Default Re: Bonfire night....

Although I have not tried it personally, Burning Leaves by CB I Hate Perfume is often recommended for images such as this.
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination.
    (")_(")

Encre Noire by Lalique

DEFINITELY l'Occitane's Eau de Bavx. DEFINITELY. I was just mentioning that to someone last week - that EdB smells VERY similar to a campfire.

Gris Clair might do the trick

Ava Luxe Firewood. I don't know if this is still available. I'd love a bottle.

Lolita Lempicka au Masculin. For some reason, beyond the licorice notes, I smell a smoldering wood type of scent. Love it, btw.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Try Fireside Intense by Sonoma Scent Studio. Or Winter Woods.

I think Demeter does one called bonfire, or fireplace or something.
    there might be something in the CDG Incense series too
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Black Tourmaline

Chaman's Party by Honore de Pres was a huge wet bonfire on me (which I liked) but only for a very short time before vanishing.

Maybe CDG2 smokey woody incensey ??? I love the autumn so much , you can sense and smell winter on the way , my favourite time of year

Prince Gianncarlo

Michael for Men makes me 'magine... Bonfire Night (damn, couldn't keep the alliteration going...)

Fireside Intense by Sonoma Scent Studio gets my vote for realism, but Winter Woods by the same perfumer is more pleasant to wear.

From SonomaScentStudio.com :

Fireside Intense

A smoky woods fragrance with notes of Texas cedar, Himalayan cedar, sandalwood, guaiacwood, birch tar, cade, nagarmotha (Cyperus), leather, oakmoss absolute, castoreum, agarwood, and ambergris. Fireside Intense has leather notes and is more animalic than Fireside, and it also has stronger cedar and smoke notes. A favorite for lovers of very smoky woods. For men and women.

Winter Woods

Amber and woods with a soft smoky note to warm up your autumn and winter; notes include guaiacwood, cedar, sandalwood, birch tar, oakmoss absolute, castoreum, amber, vetiver, ambergris. A gentler alternative to the fireside scents. For men and women.

Good luck
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

I know it might not smell like a bonfire up front but Givenchy Pi, to me, has the smell wayyy dry down, like the next day dry down, of a campfire.

But why would want to smell like the fire? If you do just stand in the smoke for a bit and there, you do. How bout something that goes well with the smell of a campfire. Any suggestions on that from the knowledgeable snifftas?

Blog Entries

There is a lot of good suggestion on this thread. I would wear Timbuktu or Tumulte perhaps.

Can't believe I'm going to be the first to mention this one, but.... Tom Ford Extreme. Or more expensively Serge Lutens Fumerie Turquie.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Lonestar Memories

Annick Goutal Encens Flamboyant.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Quote Originally Posted by funraiser18 View Post
    Lonestar Memories
    Here's a memory: "Raspberry!?! Only one man would dare give me the raspberry! Lonestar!!!"
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Another vote for Burning Leaves and for Fumerie Turque. Though you should definitely try Fumerie Turque on skin - on me it had a distinct animalic note; on a friend it was all friendly fireplace. We both sniffed both arms, and agreed on those conclusions.

As much as I love the smell of a burning fire (and trust me, as a Northeasterner I DO), I just fail to see what the appeal could be as a personal fragrance. If you can pull it off, heck go for it, but to me stuff like Fumerie Turquie and Tom Ford Extreme, really anything with a heavily "smoked" feel, would seem completely out of place emanating off a person.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Nobody mentioned M7?
    Top 10:
    1. Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    2. YSL M7
    3. Tom Ford Bois Marocain
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    5. Dior Homme/Intense
    6. YSL Opium
    7. Azzaro Pour Homme
    8. Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
    9. YSL Live Jazz
    10. Burberry London

Default Bonfire night....

For the smell of a bonfire, I would definitely suggest Cuir by Mona di Orio - Les Nombres d&rsquo;Or

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/section/1/item/51700/brand/Mona_di_Orio_-_Les_Nombres_d&rsquo;Or/Cuir.html

When I got a sample of this, I was really shocked to get hit with a campfire instead of leather.

I've recently discovered Amouage Tribute...........fits the bill perfectly...imo