Code of Conduct

Default It's the hottest day ever recorded and I'm wearing...

It's 113 in downtown Los Angeles, the hottest day ever recorded in L.A. history for this date. And I'm wearing...

5 sprays of Chergui. Call me crazy.
    someone please stop me from buying more cologne.

top five: 1) Creed Vintage Tabarome 2) Creed Windsor 2) Serge Lutens Chergui 3) Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur 5) MFK Lumiére Noire Pour Homme

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: It's the hottest day ever recorded and I'm wearing...

Chergui does very well in the heat IMHO - you smell good . I wore it in 3 digit summer weather here in the San Joaquin valley last year.
    PS. How the hell can it be that hot in LA this time of the year ?
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

CRAZY!!!!!!! lol

I went with Prada Infusion d'homme.

It's only 109 where I am.

I came to my senses today--Chanel No.19. Yesterday I did have poor judgement, though, and wore Mazzolari Lui :P

YSL Pour Homme HC worn as a BODY SPRAY... : )

Basenotes Plus

113 in La- over 100 in Santa Monica! I thought it was unseasonably warm in San Fran at the meetup this weekend.
    It's like an oven in Ventura, as well.

My SOTD was a double shot of Mitchum antiperspirant and AG Eau du Sud, lightly refreshed every 3 hours. Plus, I keep spraying Shidon Naturals "lemongrass verbena" spray onto my face. It's like a lightly scented version of spraying of evian or mineral water as a quick pick me up. Otherwise, I'd be melted into the floor.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Come to Palm Springs of you really want it hot. LOL
    But even worse is in Kuwait (I spent 3 years there), where 120 F (50 C) in summer is common, not normal, mind you, but common.
    Santal by Creed helps at those temps, so does Tuscan Soul by Salvatore Farragamo, but if you do not want to throw money away in expensive perfumes, old 4711 or JM Farina do a really good job. Some of Roger & Gallet colognes also can help.
    Next time I will try Ginger Ale by Demeter, it must be refreshing, I think.
    Last edited by PerfumeCollector; 28th September 2010 at 01:40 AM.

Today it was hot as hell here in LA, and I was wearing The Different Company Osmanthus, just one more day of insane weather and we'll be back to normal temperatures.

It was hotter than I can ever remember. It reminds me of Summer days in Arizona. I had the pleasure of wearing Bigarade Concentree. It worked wonders.

113.....That's crazy.....I can't even imagine.....Gary

I ended up using Chanel Allure Sport.
    Temperature reached 110 here.The heat seemed to play nice with it.
    14 hours later I still smell it.

Chergui seriously blooms in the heat! You must have smelt deeelicious!
    But seriously how the heck can LA be in the triple digits this time of year?! I was there in mid July and it was pretty chilly and downright cool at night (in the fifties).

I went out for a meeting at 1:30 and it was 99!!!!
    I wore Anais Anais, but I think tomorrow I will do a Cologne.
    Demeter Ginger Ale sounds like a good option too
    Evenstar

Last year when Portland was baking in 106° heat I was practically drinking Eau d'Orange Verte. I can't imagine 113°, especially in the concrete jungle that is LA. But Chergui? You crazy!
    (\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (='.'=) signature to help him gain world domination.
    (")_(")

Hell 115 degrees in West Covina wearing Virgin Island Water, smells great!

It's at least a nice accompaniment to a person bursting (fragrantly) into flame! (yikes. What fresh hell is this, 113 in LA?)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Chergui seriously blooms in the heat! You must have smelt deeelicious!
    But seriously how the heck can LA be in the triple digits this time of year?! I was there in mid July and it was pretty chilly and downright cool at night (in the fifties).
    We had an odd non summer summer. June, July and August were not typical. This is kind of September heat burst is not unusual, but this is a bit extreme.

Hard for east coasties to relate, but it's near single digit humidity. It IS hot, but it really doesn't feel like 100+ (unless you're standing in the sun).

Thats weird. I'm in Mississippi and this was the first day that it wasn't 95+ degrees for the high and it was actually cool (73ish).

I've gotta ask: Haven't you LA folks seen the movies? What about those dramatic TV shows set in "LA?" It ALWAYS pours down rain there (usually during the most dramatic scenes of these productions.) So you guys are obviously delusional and it's probably 50 and pouring right now.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    I've gotta ask: Haven't you LA folks seen the movies? What about those dramatic TV shows set in "LA?" It ALWAYS pours down rain there (usually during the most dramatic scenes of these productions.) So you guys are obviously delusional and it's probably 50 and pouring right now.
    UH-HUH. We see those and it always cracks me up. May rain about 10 days a year here. I love heat, but 50 and pouring sounds good right now.

It's a desert but we water it.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    sweetie, all those shows are now filmed in Canada
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

It's 10pm and my apt in the foothills of Santa Barbara is still so damn hot... trying to get some air moving.

I wore Un Jardin Apres la Mousson to beat the heat, but luckily was also in an air-conditioned office right by the breezy ocean during the day.

It was 100ºF in Santa Monica today, but was I hot? No way. I was wearing Cool Water.

I've got my winter caban on, chilly hands and wear Tabac Blond. Damn cold wind! I really do envy some summery weather - we've been cheated this year!

Well, I was in Vegas in July and it was similar temperatures. I wore Aramis Havana and I think it worked out great, so much so that nice strangers offered me pamphlets with prostitutes numbers on them as I walked up and down the Strip.

Basenotes Institution

I was in Vegas in August and it was 106 degrees F . Didn't stop me from wearing my 'fumes though ! Carnal Flower does well in heat too . Mind you, it does go up to 115 degrees C here in the good ole Central Valley during the height of summer ... such fun . We've been lucky this year- it was hot but never got hotter than 106 I believe.
    Stay cool and fragrant, LA Basenoters !

Quote Originally Posted by Midiguru View Post
    It's 113 in downtown Los Angeles, the hottest day ever recorded in L.A. history for this date. And I'm wearing...

5 sprays of Chergui. Call me crazy.
    I sometimes like to wear Opium PH when i am jogging....in the summer

so i guess i can relate

PS: i like Chergui too

Next time, go for 10 sprays of Joop!
    Top 10:
    1. Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    2. YSL M7
    3. Tom Ford Bois Marocain
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    5. Dior Homme/Intense
    6. YSL Opium
    7. Azzaro Pour Homme
    8. Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
    9. YSL Live Jazz
    10. Burberry London

Hahaha yeah yesterday was pretty hot. I live in the San Fernando valley region of Los Angeles, so you can imagine the heat here. I actually wasn't bothered much, just stayed indoors in air conditioned buildings. When it gets to be "that" hot, you just have to be able to accept the fact that you're going to be a prisoner, and stay indoors.

Anyway, I think I was wearing a sample of CDG 2 Man yesterday : )

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    Well, I was in Vegas in July and it was similar temperatures. I wore Aramis Havana and I think it worked out great, so much so that nice strangers offered me pamphlets with prostitutes numbers on them as I walked up and down the Strip.
    No way. In Vegas?!?! How odd.

You forgot something- it was 113 when the official thermometer at USC broke. They aren't sure that it wasn't hotter.

I wore L'Antimatiere and stayed near any available AC. Today it's only 95 and it feels like 60 in comparison...

In my excitement of getting new samples I threw on Bois D'Orage. Totally forgot how hot it was going to be, but it didn't fare too badly. Today I went with Aqua Marine, and am pretending I'm sunning myself on the beach instead of working...

I wore Creed Neroli Savage yesterday.

It worked so well in the heat, I repeated it today.

Got a compliment in my office elevator.

For those that are used to 120 degree heat in Las Vegas, Arizona, or Palm Springs....it's nothing like 108+ heat in Los Angeles! The extra humidity we have makes it more uncomfortable.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    sweetie, all those shows are now filmed in Canada
    Heehee... I know. (the sweetie works out of Glendale and whenever I visit LA I kid him that it isn't raining like it always seems to be there, on TV.)

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by tmp00 View Post
    You forgot something- it was 113 when the official thermometer at USC broke. They aren't sure that it wasn't hotter.

I wore L'Antimatiere and stayed near any available AC. Today it's only 95 and it feels like 60 in comparison...
    Wow! Must have been hotter than 113 then !
    What's up with the weather- it's going to be triple digits again here in the Valley tomorrow ...just when I thought it was aaallll over.

We're being punished for such a cool and comfortable summer.

I think I only inadvertently insulted my boss and co-workers about 7 times, bought 5 blended iced coffees throughout the day, and passed out for two hours at lunchtime napping in my car.

I forget what scent I wore.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.