Code of Conduct

Default I need help from Bleu de Chanel likers, and others may chime in as well.

As many of you know, Im one of the people that quite enjoy Bleu de Chanel, and i just bought a bottle. I do genuinely like this fragrance, and i have this question to people who like it to(and others i guess).

I have gotten the opportunity to get Allure Homme Sport and Burberry London...but at the expense of Bleu de Chanel. Yes. i know. its a weird situation, but thats the way it is. dont ask questions

So, what would you do if you could choose between the following

a)bleu de chanel

b)chanel allure homme sport and Burberry London.

p.s. i very much like all three fragrances. i just want to see if the bleu loveers love bleu so much that theyd take bleu over allure sport even if london is an added incentive.

also, yes id love to have all three. but hey. 18 year old in college is def on a tight budget

Default Re: I need help from Bleu de Chanel likers, and others may chime in as well.

I'm not a fan of Burberry London (unless it's the special edition), so for me I would hold on to the Bleu.

Default Re: I need help from Bleu de Chanel likers, and others may chime in as well.

Of THOSE choices - keep bleu

Assuming these are all the same size - go with two over one.

I really like Bleu but I would be the first to admit there are at least a few similarities between that and Allure Sport. Even if you don't think they smell very similar - they fit into the same category of scent: Very nice smelling and not overwhelming.

And London will be perfect for the coming winter.

Easy question, go with Bleu. No way I'd give up a bottle for either one of those. Aventus, on the other hand, I'd think about it!

Are you getting two full bottles for one? Go with the deal. You will get the fresh scent with the sport and you will also get one of the better winter frags. out there. The only problem that London has is longevity, but I guess I don't know how long Bleu lasts

Quote Originally Posted by damageinc View Post
    Are you getting two full bottles for one? Go with the deal. You will get the fresh scent with the sport and you will also get one of the better winter frags. out there. The only problem that London has is longevity, but I guess I don't know how long Bleu lasts
    yes. they are two full brand new bottles.

and regarding bleus longevity, as much as i do love and appreciate this fragrance, it does have longevity issues on me

Going with the deal won't prevent you from eventually picking up Bleu de Chanel.

Keep the Bleu. You enjoy it enough to list it as one of your top five frags, so giving it up would be rather like choosing quantity over quality, which is rarely a sound decision.

Also, of the two Chanel frags under consideration, Bleu is IMO more distinctive and versatile. (Don't have much of an opinion about the Burberry London since it's never made much of an impression on me - which I guess is an opinion of sorts ... )

i think wat ill do is try allure sport one more time on my skin and compare the longevity with bleu.

You have the Bleu, you like the Bleu, so just keep the Bleu. Getting two mediocre scents in return for one you like doesn't make this a good deal.

I find London alone is better than Bleu and I enjoy Bleu alot so I'd take the 2 for 1 and you can always get another Bleu.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    i think wat ill do is try allure sport one more time on my skin and compare the longevity with bleu.
    That's what I would do. Plus you need to sample London. If you have a Sephora around, you can get a sample and try it on your skin.

hmm its a tough decision for sure. i could also do bleu in exchange for AHS and La nuit. but i already have l'homme. i dont know if that would be to redundant

i think ive decided wat ill do. im gunna do the la nuit and chanel allure homme sport for the bleu. maybei could pick up bleu later. then im going to try to sell everything else in my wardrobe. im going to have:

2 bottles of Le male
    2 bottles of Pure Malt
    1 bottle of La Nuit de L'Homme and 1 bottle of L'Homme
    1 bottle of Chanel Allure Homme Sport and hopefully one day again a bottle of Bleu de Chanel
    1 bottle of Burberry Brit.

2 bottles of my three favorites(ill count 1 bottle of l'homme and 1 bottle of la nuit has 2 bottles of one of my favorites)

A bottle of Allure Homme Sport is the whether or occasion calls for it

That is all i need and ill be happy with that for sure.

Nvm.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Go with your preference. I actually find Burberry London more enjoyable than Bleu de Chanel. And I can live with shortlived scents. That's what small atomisers are for...

Although London is more original, it only really fits its place in autumn, so if you live in Florida like I do, where we really don't have an "autumn", stick with Bleu. Besides, I only get like 3 hrs out of London, whereas Bleu really surprised me when a girl complimented me in 3rd period (half way through my school day)!

stick with bleu! I really like it! Everyone has London and Allure sport has a sour note off the top, reminds me of body odor -_-

HA HA HA !!! Don't kid yourself... you're a BaseNoter.
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bon Vivant View Post
    HA HA HA !!! Don't kid yourself... you're a BaseNoter.
    tell me about it, right after buying Rochas Man and L'eau D'issey summer to promise myself to stop getting so much into fragrances, I started looking into HM :P

yes. they are two full brand new bottles.

and regarding bleus longevity, as much as i do love and appreciate this fragrance, it does have longevity issues on me
    Does Burberry London and Allure Sport stays longer on you than Bleu? If so, I`d stick with these two.
    Although if you really liked Bleu, you`ll not satisfied if you get the two instead of the one that you are wanting.

Have all three and like all three so it's hard to say, but perhaps Bleu. Sorry, not much help.

You're not even happy with what you have now.

lol damn. this isnt a hobby! its a disease! hahahaha

hmm its a tough decision for sure. i could also do bleu in exchange for AHS and La nuit. but i already have l'homme. i dont know if that would be to redundant
    That's a good trade. I would go for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Go with your preference. I actually find Burberry London more enjoyable than Bleu de Chanel. And I can live with shortlived scents. That's what small atomisers are for...
    I'm going to have to get some small atomizers, because I can't stand it when I put something on and 2-3 hours later I have to snort my skin off my wrist to smell it.