Code of Conduct

Default Creed Bois Portgual

Hey folks,

I'm thinking of getting Creed's Bois Portugal as I find it quite unique and different than anything else i've ever smelled. Im 30 years of age, do you think women around my age would find this fragrance appealing?

Nick

Default Re: Creed Bois Portgual

Easily. But, at age 30, there are far fewer compliments given than at age 20.

Fantastic stuff. It`s on my top-5 favourite list. Luxurious, refined fragrance that gives a quality impression. But it`s not a compliment getter from the women.. That`s my apprehension.

I do....I'm around the same age (and based on your "best smelling" post, we have similar tastes as well) and I think women our age (and older) would respond favorable to it, more so than younger women would, as it has more of a mature, formal character to it. For instance, I would see it as something you might wear to a wedding (winter) or work banquet vs. going to a night club. In those settings, I think it would work quite well.

BTW sent you a PM

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl J. View Post
    Easily. But, at age 30, there are far fewer compliments given than at age 20.
    Not in my experience.

My fav Creed by far which I keep for very special occasions most of the time work related. There is nothing wrong wearing it if you are 30 years old but you are not going to get many compliments since people your age (in general) is not use to dated fragrances (sort of speaking). There are no rules but BdP is very formal, serious and dressy requiring also the right dress code and perhaps the right situations, at least that is what I think.
    Also,and perhaps this is just my imagination, Creed gets me virtually no compliments ever which .. lets say Chanel Allure , gets me all the time.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Actually it's very flexible, A little semi-formal though.

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    My fav Creed by far which I keep for very special occasions most of the time work related. There is nothing wrong wearing it if you are 30 years old but you are not going to get many compliments since people your age (in general) is not use to dated fragrances (sort of speaking). There are no rules but BdP is very formal, serious and dressy requiring also the right dress code and perhaps the right situations, at least that is what I think.
    Also,and perhaps this is just my imagination, Creed gets me virtually no compliments ever which .. lets say Chanel Allure , gets me all the time.
    Agreed. It`s absolutely not a clubbing scent.. -And yes, Chanel Allure is a big compliment getter! Most people seems to love it, and it`s very wearable for absolutely all occasions (maby not for the ultra-formal settings).

With or without compliments, BDP still remains a masterpiece

Thanks for the replies guys! Ok do you think this will get compliments from older women say over 40? I definitely think it's unique enough that people would pay attention to it agree?

No matter how people around you will comprehend Bois du Portugal, I think most of them will think (no mather if they like the scent or not) that you have class, style, are elegant, and that you have very, very, good taste!

If I were you, I'd test it first. Bois Du Portugal is highly rated on the board but I don't find it special or anything.
    Personally I don't think it will appeal to the 30+ crowd.

Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Fantastic stuff. It`s on my top-5 favourite list. Luxurious, refined fragrance that gives a quality impression. But it`s not a compliment getter from the women.. That`s my apprehension.
    It is my favorite creed, very mature and strong fragrance great for work, formal events, nice fancy dinners, a great classy gentleman scent. This is the official 007 fragrance according to David. lol.

Oh yea, to anyone under 40 wearing this it is going to be hard getting compliments from anyone in your age group. For the younger guys, this one is a "cougar catcher" The only compliments I have ever received on this have been from women 40+ and they LOVED it on me.

....just keep in mind that in general terms basenoters are looking for a step beyond of what your average joe looks for in a fragrance. What I mean is that, in theory, most of us have experienced hundreds of fragrances and have developed a taste for what is out of the ordinary. Just like everything in life there is a sub culture that tends to reach further , that can be very well fragrance aficionados. I, for example, know little about wines and I will settle with anything decent while some other people will look for more, better or rarities.

What I am trying to say is that the fact that BdP gets a lot of love in here (basenotes) it certainly no guaranty that "regular" people will like it as much as we do. Chances are that your regular aquatic fragrance will be preferred by most people around you.
    I have stopped, long long ago, wearing fragrances to get compliments I wear them because I like it.

I take with humour when I wear niche fragrances for a full week without getting a single compliment only to get it the day I decide to wear lets say Givenchy Play , that shows you something.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    I have stopped, long long ago, wearing fragrances to get compliments I wear them because I like it.
    Which is exactly the way it should be. Compliments are a bonus but your personal enjoyment is of much greater importance.

I like BdP a lot, I wish I could wear it more often, but it's not quite compatible with 100 degree temperature heatwaves. If you're solely looking for compliments, you can do it less expensively. YSL Rive Gauche is mature, smells really nice, gets compliments and is $30. Or if you're dead set on BdP, think about the smallest bottle or even a decant from TPC - BdP is powerful, you only need 1-2 sprays. I could imagine a full bottle lasting beyond human lifespans.

I love the Dynamite Denis reviews.

Last edited by adonis; 28th September 2010 at 06:04 PM.

I've received some wonderful compliments whilst wearing BdP including, but not limited to, Starbucks baristas, colleagues, friends, family and one absolutely gorgeous lady who shared an elevator with me a couple of weeks ago So the answer is yes - from my experience anyways - it's such a refined fragrance that you will get noticed by those who are discerning and appreciate fine fragrance. My advice: if *you* feel comfortable wearing it, chances are it will be enjoyed by those who are sharing your company.

He he.. I love those "Dynamite Dennis" reviews!

Dennis is funny :-)

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    I like BdP a lot, I wish I could wear it more often, but it's not quite compatible with 100 degree temperature heatwaves. If you're solely looking for compliments, you can do it less expensively. YSL Rive Gauche is mature, smells really nice, gets compliments and is $30. Or if you're dead set on BdP, think about the smallest bottle or even a decant from TPC - BdP is powerful, you only need 1-2 sprays. I could imagine a full bottle lasting beyond human lifespans.

I love the Dynamite Denis reviews.

a bottle should last a long time, i heard of a client who would buy flacons of bdp and would run through them like cornflakes. he must not have a nose because i am telling you what, a flacon of bdp should last long enough for your children and your grandchildren lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    a bottle should last a long time, i heard of a client who would buy flacons of bdp and would run through them like cornflakes. he must not have a nose because i am telling you what, a flacon of bdp should last long enough for your children and your grandchildren lol.
    A client? David are you in the industry?

Quote Originally Posted by Captcrunch View Post
    A client? David are you in the industry?
    no but i know people who are and they tell me shit lol