Code of Conduct

Default Tauer's Une Rose Vermeille - My 2 scents

So I've been wearing this scent for about a week now from the 2 samples I bought from Germany, and here is my opinion of it.

I was intrigued by the fact this is a 'gourmand rose', so i decided to try it. From the very top, i get a big Lemony vibe (I want to apologise now for the terminology i might use in this review, not very good at describing in detail!) but not in a lemon cleaning product vibe, its a pleasant, natural lemon, the lemon and lavender actually to my surprise work really well together. The rose is there, but somewhere in the background.... until the magic begins to happen.

somewhere around the 30min mark of having this on my skin i get the most delicious, beautiful rosy raspberry (if that makes sense!) the sweetness of the raspberry and the rose (which i think is slightly powdery, but very well done) gives me a really sumptuous, elegant feeling, the vanilla (i think) adds to this scents yumminess.

After about 5 hours or so, it becomes a little less rosy and a little more woody, the vanilla remains there throughout and begins to really step into the gourmand category. its very close to the skin at this point, but still pleasant enough to keep me interested. Longevity was good, about 7 hours on me, projection is superb.

Overall, in my opinion this is one of Tauer's best, a superb rose scent made into something delicious. I will be a proud owner of a bottle of this gorgeous fragrance, 30ml will do me, seeing as it will be a brand new special time scent. If your like me and you like rose scents and gourmand scents, this is hard to beat.

(again please excuse the vague description of this scent!)

9/10

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Tauer's Une Rose Vermeille - My 2 scents

I did not know that URV was being classified as a 'gourmand rose'. Very interesting.

Your rose and raspberry descriptions made me instantly think of Rose (Series 2: Red) by Comme des Garcons which actually smells just like roses and raspberry sorbet.

Basenotes Institution

It's a beautiful scent- I got pinky- red roses- raspberry- wood- musk on my skin. Excellent stuff. My favorite will aways be Une Rose Chypree though .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Une Rose Vermeille smells very similar to Malle's Lipstick Rose to me...

It's wonderful on Mrs. J.
    Perhaps our sample will have to convert to a bottle for a winter's gift.

Basenotes Institution

I am sampling this for the 1st time today.

Yep, definitely gourmand. I'm reminded of that strange gourmand vibe injected into the lavender in Kiki by Vero Profumo - sticky sweet and yet uniquely floral.

The problem, with this one, is the fact that the notes do not cohesively work together - it's as if I can see the stitches showing and the end product is not quite 'finished' - something that honestly I have experienced with several Tauer's. The pieces that are loosely stitched are of a wonderful quality - the rose is opulent and luxurious, the gourmand notes are gentle and not too sweet, the berry note is juicy and tart...but here and there they're just bumping into each other...clumsily.

I am a big fan of rose scents (and of Tauer - his Orris will always have a place in my wardrobe) but I am not enjoying this. It's like trying to listen to a beautiful song on your iPod and the track keeps skipping and playing with static ever so often.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle