Code of Conduct

Default Its Stories like this that help me appreciate GIT even more

For a while there, I was thinking about trading or selling my GIT to buy Aventus, but I decided to Use and Enjoy my GIT after reading this story on the reviews section:

"

A friend of mine was having tea in a cafe nestled in a small village in the Wicklow mountains in Ireland.
    As she bit into her raspberry jam slathered crumpt she smelt what she could only breathlessly descirbe to me later as "the most manly, clean scent I've ever experienced".
    Temporarily paralysed by olefactory overload she allowed herself to be enveloped in the aroma, her mind delving into wild fantasy and being snapped back again. Butter dirbbling down her chin.
    She had to know who it was. Tentativly, she slowly turned around to steal a glance...

Who was this man?

... Bam! Peirce Bleedin' Brosnan sitting there, eyebrow arched, mischeivous twinkle in his eye.

She had to ask...

"Green Irish Tweed my darling"

As soon as she told me this story I ran out the door mid conversation, tripping over myself in a blind panic to procure myself a bottle of this magical potion (she was a very beautiful girl and I was a total fragrance newb). After getting over the shock of the price I slathered it on and was... well a touch let down.

It's fresh, clean and manly. It is similar to cool water, but it is better.

Despite my intital mild disappointment i always get complimented whenever I wear it out. Its a confident smell and I like to think I'm a little more like Peirce Brosnan whenever I wear it.

Read more: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120716/...#ixzz10pkMQ07n

"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Its Stories like this that help me appreciate GIT even more

James Bond himself! And in Ireland! Great story!

Post Thanks / Like

And it's both stories like these and the sheer versatility of GIT making me definitely preferring this over Cool Water anytime! Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually i want to buy a bottle of GIT.
    Thanks for your post.

Post Thanks / Like

Pics or it didn't happen.

Funny story.

I have one of my own. Last night I wore Green Irish Tweed to work. I love it, but it's one of those scents that I can always smell on myself for a long time and I always feel like I've put on too much. I was wearing two light sprays under my undershirt and a light dab to my neck. I overheard the waitresses giving the busboy some grief over his awful cologne. They told him he was wearing too much and that it was a terrible cologne that they hated.

I was feeling self conscious (yet again, lol) about my GIT being too strong, so I asked one of the girls if my cologne was too strong. She didn't smell it until she walked up to me and put her nose against my chest. Then she said "Wow. That's really GOOD! A lot better than (the busboy's) cologne." Then she started sniffing again, slowly moving lower and lower, and then lower and even lower until I had to jump back, as her face was by that point adjacent to my belt buckle. Everyone started laughing, including a couple of guys sitting at the bar. She is kind of a pervert to begin with--always grabbing my butt and package, so maybe the GIT is not entirely culpable for the workplace sexual harassment-- still, it does seem to bring some women to their knees.

I remember showing my drobe to a female friend of mine once and she liked several of my frags, but when she sniffed GIT, something in her demeanor changed immediately and she said "I would follow a guy who smelled like this anywhere!"

I don't know why, but GIT is one of those scents that women seem to experience on a deeper level.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a funny story:

My gf prefers Cool Water to GIT, even in a side-by-side comparison. I myself prefer GIT, however the longevity is abysmal on my skin, and therefore I didn't buy it. Cool Water lasts twice as long on my skin, and my gf loves it. So it all worked out in the end.

Same exact story with MI vs Unforgivable. MI = crap longevity on my skin, and the gf prefers Unforgivable. Oh well, it is what it is.

Post Thanks / Like

all these talk makes me miss my bottle of GIT :P

Might have to get a 30ml bottle for 40
    Top 10:
    1. Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    2. YSL M7
    3. Tom Ford Bois Marocain
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    5. Dior Homme/Intense
    6. YSL Opium
    7. Azzaro Pour Homme
    8. Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
    9. YSL Live Jazz
    10. Burberry London

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe GIT only works with Irish women?

I've had lots of positive reactions to my scents, but GIT never seems to elicit one.
    Renato

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    Might have to get a 30ml bottle for 40
    The 30ml size is ideal, as it (pretty much) ensures you'll be done with the bottle while the juice is still fresh.

Never got a compliment on GIT either, but I live in a place where even eye contact is a rare thing.

when it comes to compliments, it depends what you look like too. for example, lets say we have a hefner who weighs in at 250 lbs and is over weight. do you really think a girl will compliment his cologne if she thinks the guy is repulsive?

but if you're relitively average weight, clean cut, then your chance to get compliments increases IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Its Stories like this that help me appreciate GIT even more

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy Kreme View Post
    when it comes to compliments, it depends what you look like too. for example, lets say we have a hefner who weighs in at 250 lbs and is over weight. do you really think a girl will compliment his cologne if she thinks the guy is repulsive?

but if you're relitively average weight, clean cut, then your chance to get compliments increases IMO.
    DING DING DING! We have a winner!!!