Code of Conduct

Question Mugler Miroir Series

Do any of you know anything about this collection? I just heard of it today. Is it even available in the U.S. other than online?

Default Re: Mugler Miroir Series

These things are amazingly hard to find - couldn't find them in Miami, San Francisco, Vancouver, or Amsterdam when I was out frag-hunting in those cities. Eventually traded some samples for A Travers Le Miroir, the one I really wanted to try, and found it obnoxious and appalling, albeit rather unique.

Basenotes Institution

Saks used to have them, but only in certain stores and last time I was in the Saks in Miami they weren't there anymore.

I believe they were also in-store, at Barney's in NY when I was there last summer. Perhaps a NY BN'r could verify that.

EDIT: You might also try Bloomingdales...they seem to get a lot of pre-orders for the new Muglers.

I was so excited to try these fragrances, and I mean, SO EXCITED! When I finally got my bottles of the 3 I wanted, I was actually quite a bit disappointed A Travers le Miroir is probably my favorite, but they all have this weird, sickly sweet note going on in the back of them that really bothers my stomach. I smell it especially in A Travers and Miroir des Vanites. A Travers is really woody, like pencil shavings mixed with tuberose. I can't help thinking bubblegum with pencil shavings in it. Miroir des Vanites smells really nice and fresh at first, but then I get that really weird note in the back of it that really turns my stomach sometimes. I also have the Jasmin one (I forget the name at the moment) which I really like, it seems like that weird note is gone, but it is admittedly very feminine. It smells like Jasmin pickled in apricot and peach juices. Anyway that is just my 2 cents ^_^ Overall I am glad I got them to say I have them, but if I knew what they smelled like before I bought then, I probably would have saved the money for a better scent(s).
    I'm not your toy.

Basenotes Plus

They have them in Harrods & Selfridges in the UK so they're not too hard to find. I've tried them all and only like A Travers le Miroir which I own. The rest of them did not grab my attention, however I did think Miroir de Vanities was novel with it's campari soda accord.

On a side note I tried the new addition Miroir de Voluptes at the weekend and thought it was god awful, it had that 'generic woody fragrance' note that just wouldn't go away!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

My favorite is Miroir des Vanites. I had a sample that was used right away, but somehow I don't feel the need to purchase a full bottle. I still have a few drops left of a sample of Miroir des Envies. I like the nutty accord on the top notes, but then it turns very sweet. I tried a bit of my sample the other night and it was too sweet, or maybe the hot weather we are having did not help.
    Evenstar

I sampled Miroir des Envies (from The Perfumed Court) It has nutty notes with jasmine - its a very nice smooth gourmand (sweetish) I really wanted a a bottle, but I do think they're overpriced.

When I emailed Mugler website to ask for UK stockists, they didn't even bother to reply !

Quote Originally Posted by Kinok View Post
    I was so excited to try these fragrances, and I mean, SO EXCITED! When I finally got my bottles of the 3 I wanted, I was actually quite a bit disappointed A Travers le Miroir is probably my favorite, but they all have this weird, sickly sweet note going on in the back of them that really bothers my stomach.
    I agree with A Travers le Mirior being the best and agree again that they have this sickly sweet (Joop Homme) vibe but notched down. This is where we differ because I actually like this quality. It gives the scents a mirrory type feel which is different.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)