Code of Conduct

Default Need a fresh fragrance for the day

i have lacoste style in play and lacoste essential and polo blue as my day frags. tired of all 3. poor projection and longevity with all 3. i got them when i was a newbie to frags and i made a mistake.

was looking into getting dior sport or chanel allure sport but mixed reviews here on basenotes

can you guys please reccomend a frag that is NOT niche and last 5-8 hours ?

Default Re: Need a fresh fragrance for the day

id go with any three of chanel allure homme sport, edition blanche, or bleu de chanel

Dior Sport is a nice choice. Sample it.

Versace PH....really nice and lasts a long time on me

Terre d Hermes is excellent. I m enjoying my 2d bottle.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuscan Soul by Salvatore Farragamo, the freshest perfume in the market in my opinion

Projection and longevity did you say? Try L'eau D'Issey pour homme by Issey Miyake and Bvlgari Pour Homme extreme.

Can't go wrong with Allure Homme Sport or Bleu de Chanel.

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Projection and longevity did you say? Try L'eau D'Issey pour homme by Issey Miyake and Bvlgari Pour Homme extreme.
    issey lasts all eternity.

I've recently been digging Mugler Cologne. Very easy to wear.

bulgari pour homme extremme and leau d issey is my suggestions.

consider live jazz also

Prada Infusion d'Homme. Soapy, fresh with surprising longevity. Just discovered it.

Along the same line, give Prada Amber Pour Homme a try. Also a very nice soapy scent with (obviously) an amber vibe. Very classy, versatile, pleasing, well constructed, not generic "fresh, sexy, aquatic", and definitely inoffensive.

Terre d Hermes

Versace PH, Givenchy Play or Viktor and Rolf Antidote (which is priced like a designer).

I recommend these because they are the most versatile everyday fragrances I've found.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

If you like Lacoste, you may try Lacoste Original - an excellent fresh scent for casual occasions.

Seems like you prefer that sport-casual-fresh stuff, but if you will try a fresh, refined, timeless, classical fragrance with great sillage and longevity, I will recommend Boucheron Pour Homme EDP. I can still notice it on my skin after 24 hours, AFTER taking a shower! It has a very luxurious aura.

Dependent

Have you tried Dior Homme Cologne? Might be worth checking out!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Have you tried Dior Homme Cologne? Might be worth checking out!
    Not to be mistaken with regular ol' Dior Homme. Dior Homme Cologne can only be found online, it's only in a 4.2 oz, and it's a little hard to try out since very few retailers, if any at all, would offer samples of this. A better alternative with a very similar vibe is Kenzo Power. They're more powdery (iris), warm (amber), fresh than straight up clean and fresh, however. Anyway, here, give these a shot:

Bulgari Aqua (a little spicy, but a very clean, briny sea water smell)
    Cartier Roadster (mint with a little "heft" to it due to the vanilla)
    Versace Pour Homme (same vibe as Acqua Di Gio with a more well rounded composition, just less of a sharp citrus punch than AdG)
    Givenchy Play (seems well liked by the general public, citrus, clean, sweet)
    L'eau Par Kenzo (fresh yuzu top with a smoothed out, almost mossy sweet base)
    Carolina Herrera 212 for Men (green, mossy fresh, stepping on the boundaries of synthetic, lasts for eternity!)
    Chanel Allure Sport (bold citrus with a spicy vibe)
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche (with a creamy lemon vibe, IMO, easier to wear than Sport, but both are excellent)
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste (classic fresh, clean and sweet fragrance, if you've smelled A&F Fierce, this smells little less sour to me and the ingredients are nicer)
    Banana Republic Slate (often overlooked because it's a "shopping mall brand")
    Paul Smith Story (clean, green, and soapy)
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver (clean citrus, smells simple, something about it smells "high quality")
    Hugo XY (if Roadster is too thick of a mint composition, this one's more transparent, longevity is a little spotty though)
    YSL Live Jazz (cheapie, but goodie, personally not my cup of tea, but a very solid citrus/coriander/mint frag for the price)

Another thing, never be ashamed of what you bought before. It's a process and it's just trial and error. If you liked it at the time, then you got it for a reason. What you like may or may not change with time, but never let any mistakes hinder your nose and preferences.

You won't go wrong with Gendarme.
    Maybe you could try Versace PH Eau Fraiche as well.

+1 for Allure Homme Sport
    Top 10:
    1. Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    2. YSL M7
    3. Tom Ford Bois Marocain
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    5. Dior Homme/Intense
    6. YSL Opium
    7. Azzaro Pour Homme
    8. Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
    9. YSL Live Jazz
    10. Burberry London

YSL Rive Gauche pour Homme

iqi8h8j74qfeelocowmanqqro

YSL LiveJazz, Bulgari Pour Homme Extreme, Mugler Cologne - works for sure.
    Roberto Verino VV and Sonia Rykiel MAN - very underrated, very good.

I get excellent longevity with Chanel Homme Sport, I can't recommend it enough. After using starting to use some Chanel scents it is very clear to me just how good this house is. You may not like the scent for this or that reason but they make good stuff.

But what I would actually recommend most is locating some samples of a bunch of the recommendations here and try them out. People have different reactions to different scents. Test before buying a larger bottle. Test for smell and longevity.

but everyone here said they reformulated chanel allure sport and it's worse now =\

All I know is how I smell it, how my significant other smells it, how people I work with smell it, and how long it lasts on me. The EDT version lasts a long time.

I might recommend the Blanche Edition over Sport - but I would be on the fence on that call.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy Kreme View Post
    but everyone here said they reformulated chanel allure sport and it's worse now =\
    Is that all it takes to prevent you from trying it at any fragrance counter? C'MON MAN. It wouldn't hurt to give anything a shot regardless of what you read.

I can confirm that.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Prada Infusion d'Homme. Soapy, fresh with surprising longevity. Just discovered it.
    I can confirm that.

William Saroyan.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Rawk Lee View Post
    Not to be mistaken with regular ol' Dior Homme. Dior Homme Cologne can only be found online, it's only in a 4.2 oz, and it's a little hard to try out since very few retailers, if any at all, would offer samples of this. A better alternative with a very similar vibe is Kenzo Power. They're more powdery (iris), warm (amber), fresh than straight up clean and fresh, however. Anyway, here, give these a shot:
    Yes, it should not be confused as the regular Dior Homme. I don't really fancy Dior Homme, but I do enjoy the more citrusy/lemony(?) Dior Homme Cologne. Oops, I didn't know it was only available online, since I've seen bottles and testers for sale here in shops. Distribution must be a little different where we're from.

I'll plus one your Kenzo Power and Hugo XY.

Yatagan.

Caron Pour Homme
    Cartier Pasha
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Great clean & soapy. Smells high class, must be the quality in the ingredients

Mugler Colohne
    Allure Sport
    Prada Amber
    Gendarme
    Bvlgari Pour Homme

I agree with most of the suggestions made. Another that is a standby for me, but is too popular for this crowd is Acqua di Gio...I still love it. Also, just got some Versace Eau Fraiche. Mugler is my current fav though.

i suggest D&G light blue , very long lasting and sillage is great .....

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Nice list there, Rawk! Seconding recs on AHS, Bulgari pH, Prada IdH, Roadster, Mugler Cologne, XY & L'eau d'Issey.

Also try:
    Agua de Loewe by Loewe
    Kenzo Air by Kenzo
    Hererra Aqua by Carolina Hererra
    Un Jardin Apres la Mousson by Hermes
    Silver Shadow Altitude by Davidoff