Code of Conduct

Default Going to Miami, Florida, need hot weather recommendations

So it seems there's a high chance I'll be going to college in Miami. I know it's hot and humid there all year round and it's really worrying me. I have an oily dry skin and I do sweat a lot (nothing extreme though) in general however fragrances don't project well on me. I think it's easier if I point out what I Don't want, not that I'd mind recommendations from these categories, but I'd appreciate something else more:

Fresh fragrances: boring, and weak. Out of the 50 bottles I own, I purchased a single fresh fragrance, and that was Allure Edition Blanche.

Clean fragrance: They're ok, but also a little boring, I already have a couple.

Weak non-offensive fragrances: Gucci Pour Homme II, D&G the one, etc... They last less than an hour on me.

Right now, the only ones that I own and can think of are Ambre Precieux, Chergui and Amouage Dia (maybe). I'm considering Bigarade concentree, musc et mure, vetiver extraordinaire, grey vetiver, granium pour monsiour and iris poudre. But they're all fresh/clean, I like my fragrances a little more woody, complex and strong. Needless to say I'll have to abandon all of my montales

Please help! I don't want to wear only fresh/clean fragrances for the next 4 years. If it's of any help, these are my favorite houses:

1. Serge Lutens
    2. Frederic Malle
    3. Amouage
    4. Tom ford
    5. YSL
    6. Frapin
    7. Montale
    8. Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier

Default Re: Going to Miami, Florida, need hot weather recommendations

It'll be hard for a fragrance-lover. Luckily I'm going somewhere cold.

How about the following?

Allure Homme Sport
    Versace Eau Fraiche
    Creed GIT
    Gendarme
    Azure Lime
    Neroli Portofino
    Top 10:
    1. Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    2. YSL M7
    3. Tom Ford Bois Marocain
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    5. Dior Homme/Intense
    6. YSL Opium
    7. Azzaro Pour Homme
    8. Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur
    9. YSL Live Jazz
    10. Burberry London

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in Miami, and although I can give you general recommendations it will be extremely hard to tell you what you will be comfortable wearing, since IMO every one of us has wildly different reactions to the same scent. On hot humid days one scent might make me extremely uncomfortable, while you may be totally comfortable in it. This could be due to numerous different reasons: personality, application and/or # of sprays, do you work inside/outside, skin chemistry, age, diet, blah blah blah.

How 'bout this: When you get here, test out samples/decants of your favorite scents or scents you're interested in. Then, and only then, when you have the scents on your skin will you be able to make an educated decision. Fragrances are expensive - don't waste time and money buying scents in advance, that you actually might not like when you arrive.

The scents in my wardrobe that I can wear almost all of the time include: Vetiver (vintage EdC) by Guerlain; Baie de Genievre by Creed; L' Eau by Diptyque; No. 88 by C&S (vintage juice); Eau de Guerlain by Guerlain; Gris Clair by Serge Lutens; Devin by Aramis; Nostalgia by Santa Maria Novella - to name a few.

Cartier Pasha its clean and fresh and works well in hot weather ,
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Aramis Havana - this is my favorite hot weather scent (and one of my favorite scents, period.)

It's bold! It's spicy! Works great in the heat! It's relatively inexpensive (~$50/100mL) and you are very close to the name sake!