Code of Conduct

Default Co-branded Fragrances produced by one company for another / or person :: Suggestions

Hello all

As you know there are lots of changes going on with the directory, and how we do things.

At the moment, a fragrance can have one house, eg:

Youth Dew by Estee Lauder
    Sartorial by Penhalion's

However, a fragrance can have an unlimited amount of previous companies:

Old Spice by Procter & Gamble (orig. by Shulton)
    English Leather by Dana (orig. by MEM Company)

-----

One thing that there is no capability of is if a fragrance is represented by two brands. I don't mean (for example) Lady Gaga made by Coty - or - Tommy Hilfiger made by Aramis/Lauder.

I mean fragrances that are almost co-branded. Examples:

Lexington Avenue by Bond No. 9 AND Andy Warhol
    Buzz by Roja Dove AND The Sun
    Shania Twain by Stetson AND Shania Twain

So if you can think of any more of these types of pairings - let me know

(btw - you can already see the start of this -- if you search for the Andy Warhol fragrances here - the Bond ones come up as well, before it only showed the ones from cofinluxe)

Default Re: Co-branded Fragrances produced by one company for another / or person :: Suggestions

btw - I've got the other Bond No. 9 (Saks / Harrods) done too!

Default Re: Co-branded Fragrances produced by one company for another / or person :: Suggestions

Comme des Garçons have done a number of those, haven't they? Comme des Garçons and Monocle, H&M, Stephen Jones and Undercover, off the top of my head. Maybe Daphne Guinness, too.

Yes!!! I knew there was a gLaring one I'd missed
    Thanks

Basenotes Plus

Like This by Etat Libre d'Orange and Tilda Swinton
    Eau de Protection by Etat Libre d'Orange & Rossy de Palma
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

cheers CPB

and all the H&M stuff too, while I think about it...

Grant, are you going to list fragrances that have been produced by different houses for each house in the directory?

You mentioned these types of fragrances in your post but I don't understand if you are changing the way they are listed.

For example, I own the original Houbigant Demi-Jour, but in the directory it is listed under Dana. The same goes for the original Venezia by Laura Biagiotti. It is listed under Long Lost Perfumes. There are quite a few examples of this. Yes, I know there are footnotes listing the original house, but for anyone looking at the wardrobes it is confusing about which version a person owns.

I know the focus of your post is on co-branded fragrances, but since you mentioned frags with changing producers I was just wondering if you were making any changes in the way they were handled in the directory.

Thanks,

noggs
    Last edited by noggs; 2nd October 2010 at 05:15 AM.