• Euphoria Men (2006) Calvin Klein
    • Polo Double Black (2006) Ralph Lauren
    • The Dreamer (1996) Versace
    • Rive Gauche pour Homme (2003) Yves Saint Laurent
    • Rochas Man (1999)]Rochas
    • Very Sexy for Him (2001) Victoria's Secret

faves in turquoise
    do not want in red
    Last edited by GekiGAngerII; 1st November 2010 at 12:31 AM. Reason: addition

Default Re: Based on my wardrobe, reccomend me something cheap and different

Geir

It looks like you enjoy scents that are woody and sweet.
    Geir is a good suggestion but not so easy to find anymore. You haven't listed A*Men but have probably tried it (?). If not, you should.
    For choices from Sephora or department stores, just a few that I'd recommend:
    Diesel: Fuel for Life
    Armani: Attitude
    Hanae Mori: HM (very sweet like Rochas Man and A*Men)
    YSL: L'Homme and La Nuit de L'Homme
    Givenchy: Pi and its flankers/special editions; Play and Play Intense
    Dior: Homme

Bulgari Black or Lacoste Elegance?

Somethig cheap and different....hmmm....:

Rive Gauche pour Homme is cheap in price. And being a mature scent, it is different. Actually, you can add a few YSL's. Body Kouros, Opium or M7 Fresh.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge, Concentré D'Orange Verte...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Consider the Samba line. Nova for Men, for example, seems to be a Le Male type frag.

As for a few inexpensive ones that might work

Lomani Ignition - vanilla
    Versace Dreamer - Tobacco and all kinds of stuff, unique
    Caron L'Anarchiste - kind of like apple/cinnamon + more, very unique

All 3 can be had very cheaply and I think would be a good value

+1 on Versace Dreamer, or Dolce and Gabbana Pour Homme 1994
    Shares similar tobacco notes, with Dolce being stronger. Will seem to stand out vs your current collection
    From first glance I don't see any "green" frags. Unfortunately I might not be able to suggest a lot from this, as I don't have much, but I do enjoy my SOTD now, a deeper, green frag that I think can be had rather cheaply abroad (but not here where I'm from, it's hard to find here too). -- Liz Claiborne for Men. I consider Paco Rabanne Pour Homme rather green (but more barbershop too) so you might want to check that out, but it's rather old school.
    I think you're gourmand fix can already be addressed by your Rochas and Polo Double Black, so I'd stay away from Pi and A*Men, but that's just me.

Cool Re: Based on my wardrobe, reccomend me something cheap and different

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Geir
    +1

No, it's not that hard to get. It's just hard to get a sniff at the local mall. You'll have to order it on the web.

I don't think your gourmand stock is overflowing, but with Rochas Man you don't need A*Men or Hanae Mori. Drink a frozen blended mocha and toast my health.

Bulgari Black is the evil and far more interesting brother of Armani Code and, happily you can smell it at the mall before buying.

Staying on the really cheap (and good) side, get on the horn with Yves Rocher Canadian HQ and order a bottle of Homme Nature (not to be confused with Homme Millianaire, which is crap) they might even give you two for the price of one; they're like that. This may quench your woodsy outdoors semi-light taste, until you can afford Hermes' Rocabar

You appear to like the sweet ones that are light rather than syrupy heavy AND and have something special going on besides. Naw, you don't really have a sweet tooth, you've got an elegant-creamy one.

And as long as you're here check out the reviews of Signature PH by St.Dupont and Mont Blanc Individuel.

Welcome to the madness, and the very best of luck!

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Declaration by Cartier- especially along the lines of Rochas Man, but with an extra touch of discreet smoothness

Jaipur Homme by Boucheron- matches most of your wardrobe, but adds a certain spicy warmth, though not too heavy and quite contemporary

Azzaro Visit

thanks for the suggestions guys.
    You are very helpful

I am sampling already

Looks like you like 'em on the sweet side to me. Some "different" sweeter scents:

Body Kouros
    Bulgari Black is a good suggestion
    Jaipur
    Dior Homme
    Versace The Dreamer
    Chanel Allure (ok, not different per se, but really good)
    Habit Rouge if you're interested in branching into classic territory
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

How about Guerlain, such as Vetiver. Classic and versatile. I love vetiver on a man!

Yatagan. doesn't get much more different.

Kouros is definitely worth a sample
    John aka Easykiller

Comptoir Sud Pacifique, Aqua Motu.
    (check out the price on ebay too

It looks like, when it comes to fragrance, you may have somewhat of a sweet tooth. Rochas men is a gourmand, and is very sweet, but the other two are spicy, woody scents. Maybe you would like Dolce and Gabban pour homme.