Code of Conduct

Default FINALLY tried AF Fierce..

So here we are, a near decade later, and I still dunno what all the hype is about..

Another long awaited fragrance on my "to try" list. The next time one of those "What's the most common smelling fragrance in your town" threads go around, I'll be sure to answer with "Fierce".

Do I think Fierce is a youthful scent? No.. in fact quite the contrary, I see a more mature man wearing this. It has that same metallic note that I find in GIT with a bit of an inky, lemon, rosewood and a hint of lavender thing going on. It's a bit difficult to grasp really because it's blended so smoothly as many of those highly synthetic store limited fragrances tend to be. At one point it kind of smells like old urine, more at the beginning than anything.. but it passes by.

A reviewer mentions this as "generic yet unique" and I couldn't agree with that more. It's distinctive indeed, and extremely versatile, all year round, and excellent longevity.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 28th November 2010 at 11:08 PM.

Default Re: FINALLY tried AF Fierce..

Greatest compliment getter in my wardrobe and no doubt in many others
    Looking to purchase - Aventus any size or participate in a split

I was slightly disappointed by this one. Smells like a higher end Axe/Lynx offering.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

My relatively uneducated nose cannot identify any specific notes in Fierce. On a subjective level, its not bad; fairly attractive really . It is pretty strong and quite long lasting. I don't understand this being called a scent only for young people; is there really any such thing. Though I can't imagine why anyone would rave about this, its certainly worth trying.

I think the cutoff age for wearing Fierce is 20. I did get tons of compliments from ladies while wearing it in highschool but I don't feel like I could pull it off anymore. In fact I went to a party on Friday where most of the people were my age (23-26) and smelled Fierce on someone and felt like it was entirely out of place.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    A reviewer mentions this as "generic yet unique" and I couldn't agree with that more.
    LOL

YES. That's a great description! I associate the scent with the store. I literally SMELL the store before I see it. Ditto Hollister.

It smells like......

......shopping.

I think we've been conditioned to interpret this fragrance as youthful and sexy because we so strongly associate it with an A&F store and the imagery and clientele we see there. It would be easy to rip this one, but like most fragrances with a big following there's a reason for it: No other synthetic fresh juice comes close to its longevity and blast, and it's very easy to "understand". I wouldn't wear it because it's so ubiquitous, but I cannot deny that I love smelling it on other guys.

I used to wear this all the time, but have never replaced it once I ran out. It was too spicy for me, but I liked the drydown. It's nice enough I guess, but that's not saying much.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    LOL

YES. That's a great description! I associate the scent with the store. I literally SMELL the store before I see it. Ditto Hollister.

It smells like......

......shopping.

LOL +1 to that.

I like Fierce, it reminds me of Curve for some reason(yes I mean that in a good way). I think anybody could pull this one off, because it is a quality frag. It is strong, and long lasting unlike many frags in it's category. It helps if you live in middle America where there ain't many A&F stores.

I really enjoy Fierce and it's only downside is that it's commonly worn and familiar because of the stores. Regardless, I wear a scent if I like it and if it happens to be not commonly worn it's just a bonus.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM