Code of Conduct

Default Looking for warm, fabric-ish cloth-ish cashmere, courdaroy, cotton type of scent that feels "cozy"

Its hard for me to exactly specify in words something so abstract but the headline is what I'm looking for.

I'm a 23 year old college student if that helps and I usually prefer more masculine than feminine fragrances but I'm pretty flexible.

I have thought about Reaction T-shirt, Reaction Thermal, and a few others but can't think of many others.

I cannot afford niche right now.

Longevity is a major issue on me. Sillage isn't as big of a deal.

Thanks in advance for your input,
    -Pappy

Default Re: Looking for warm, fabric-ish cloth-ish cashmere, courdaroy, cotton type of scent that feels "coz

Have you considered Courdory by Zirh

Default Re: Looking for warm, fabric-ish cloth-ish cashmere, courdaroy, cotton type of scent that feels "coz

Acca Kappa Muschio Bianco or other clean-smelling, almost soapy white musk-based frags like White Musk Men by The Body Shop

(actually, both aforementioned frags are also good value for money, besides, both have more than decent longevity without being overpowering, both have a certain comforting, warming, even a tad sensual effect without losing their overall impression of crisp cleanliness and without becoming to feminine, in spite of the androgyny or rather versatility of musk notes)

"Join Date Jan 1970"

lol?

I always found Pasha by Cartier to be a very Cashmere feeling scent. Soft, nice.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 29th September 2010 at 03:39 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    "Join Date Jan 1970"

lol?
    That's when time began in the UNIX world.

Quote Originally Posted by ubergeek View Post
    That's when time began in the UNIX world.

Yeah, I didn't do that to be funny...I have no idea how that got there.

Basenotes Institution

I have only smelled niche fragrances that achieve this sort of effect.

I heard Reaction: Thermal does achieve the affect, but I also heard that it smells a lot like Body Kouros, which I already have and don't need another similar scent.
    Last edited by Pappy; 29th September 2010 at 03:47 PM.

What about Clean - Clean Men it is a little on the pricey side (sephora)

You may also want to check out Demeter Fragrances as they make single note fragrances such as Cotton, Pure Soap, etc. I personally like Laundromat and Dirt, to each their own. They are very inexpensive but don't last all that long.

http://www.demeterfragrance.com/Coll...CollectionID=1

I hope that helps a little

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I have only smelled niche fragrances that achieve this sort of effect.
    Even though it doesn't fit the OP's criteria, please let us know which fragrances you mean. Some of us might be interested.

Others have mentioned soapy type scents. To me those don't necessarily translate into warm, fabric-like cozy scents. What else is there?

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Even though it doesn't fit the OP's criteria, please let us know which fragrances you mean. Some of us might be interested.

Others have mentioned soapy type scents. To me those don't necessarily translate into warm, fabric-like cozy scents. What else is there?
    I actually thought of cadjmere by PG when I read the title...
    Smellin good

To me some iris fragrances achieves this effect. Have you already tried the feminine infusion? It smells to me like fresh expensive linen lightly scented.
    If really don`t care for shopping in the other side of the aisle, another fragrance that i tried that had a cotton aroma was Madness by Chopard. But i don't know if it`ll fit in your comfort category, since madness has an intense and dry pepper note.

Although i never tried, it also come to my mind white linen from Estee Lauder...

Basenotes Institution

I was thinking more of a gourmand/type scent. The first that comes to mind is Hermessence Ambre Narguile by Hermes.

I know it's always a risk with Etat Libre d'Orange (and so I would strongly suggest a sample before buying a FB), but what about Antiheros? Listed notes are lavender, musk, and woods. Lavender could provide the "clean" part with the musk and woods providing the "cozy" part. And at $80, it's a reasonable price for niche, and in line with retail/department store prices for designer frags.

From luckyscent:

If we had to sum up Antiheros in one word, the word would be “nonchalant”. Centered on lavender, the outwardly simple creation has the ease and the sun-drenched, hedonistic feel of delightfully leisurely existence…somewhere in the South of France. Seemingly traditional (after all, what is more classic than lavender!), the clean, elegant structure of Antiheros has a certain, indescribable quirkiness; the subtly animalic musk and balsamic woods are a hint of darkness under the gauzy airiness of the main aromatic accord. Antiheros is different not because he rebels, but because he doesn’t take himself too seriously and wants to be adored just the way he is: unconventionally elegant, unexpectedly deep and nonchalant. A modern take on lavender to be enjoyed by men and women alike.

John Varvatos - lil bit leathery, but is a comfort scent.
    Helmut Lang EDC - Cotton like

Not sure if I read this wrong by one you might want to try is Vicky Tiel "Ulysses" - to me it smells A LOT like a dryer sheet (those thing you throw in to stop static cling). I find it quite pleasant and it's fairly inexpensive. Also, comes in a really cool bottle.

OP - how are you going to get to try these if you're in Fiji ?

How about a Tommy Hilfiger cologne?

Prada Infusion D'homme.

Geir or Gendarme...

Magellan

Perhaps Cashmere Mist is too obvious? It definitely has the snuggled-in vibe.

Give Prada Infusion d'Iris a try. It's marketed to women but it's pretty genderless with a clean, just ironed linen vibe and a soft cozy facet.

IMO, LesNez L'Antimatiere is literally exactly what the OP is asking for, it could have been the marketing blurb it's so close.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I get a sort of clothes note in Zegna Colonia, and DEFINITELY get one in Tommy T. Though these aren't warm. I don't think I've ever encountered warm clothes. My go to scent for comfort is L'instant Extreme. Which almost has a sort of hot cocoa note.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Richard James edt wears like a warm sweater, IMHO

fountain

prada infusion d'homme springs to mind immediately.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Have you considered Courdory by Zirh
    plus 1
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home