Code of Conduct

Question Irish Spring scent

What fragrances would you say remind you of Irish Sping soap?

Default Re: Irish Spring scent

A lot of people say Mugler Cologne.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Mugler Cologne is very close, I haven't smelled anything closer to it than that. Although, I'd imagine some niche fragrances would be very close since it seems Mugler is the only designer fragrance that comes close to it.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

You talking about the original green soap? Absolutely hands down CK Eternity Summer 2009 (green bottle). It's as if they decided to copy the smell of Irish Spring soap for that particular year. I didn't care for it, but then again I'm not a fan of Irish Spring. Check it out.

For Irish Spring, Mugler is pretty much a definite sample. For a Prell Shampoo type green, I'd say Gendarme Green.

It has been discontinued but I think it's still available on their website. Bath and Body Works - Glacier Bay...spot on

Paco Rabanne PH

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, Stronghold.

gosh - I hate to admit it but I love the smell of original Irish Spring Soap -

Is Black Phoenix's Stonghold long lasting ?

I don't see why you "hate to admit it?" Is it better if you like an expensive import from France? If you like something, why not enjoy it?

mugler cologne, eternity, original vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    A lot of people say Mugler Cologne.
    yeah definatly. BUT id also say mugler smells a LOT like azzaro pure vetiver+ soap

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    gosh - I hate to admit it but I love the smell of original Irish Spring Soap -
    Is Black Phoenix's Stonghold long lasting ?
    I'm not entirely sure. Even after diluting a portion of it (what I thought was) heavily, all I could really smell was "Irish Spring", so I gave it to a friend who loved it.

I use the green bar of irish spring and i own mugler cologne. these 2 smell nothing alike-sorry. buy a bar , take it to a bottle of mugler cologne and smell them side by side: not even close.

I think gary z is right. It seems to be the conventional wisdom that Mugler is like Irish Spring, but I think it's only because they are both green and both "soapy." Oh well, I got some other great ideas to check out.
    Quote Originally Posted by gary z View Post
    I use the green bar of irish spring and i own mugler cologne. these 2 smell nothing alike-sorry. buy a bar , take it to a bottle of mugler cologne and smell them side by side: not even close.

Orphee

Blog Entries

Sung Homme smells just like Irish Spring. It's available at Ulta or any perfume store, I swear it's just like the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ubergeek View Post
    Paco Rabanne PH
    Yes indeed!

I was at the mall yesterday trying out B*Men for the first time, and my wife remarked that it (at least the top notes) smelled like a nuclear-powered Irish Spring.

how about Green Irish Tweed?

Grafton - Truefitt & Hill is identical to Irish Spring.
    Its a good barbershop frag

speedstick antiperspirant irish spring is so strong, youd think it is cologne! and it smells EXACTLY like irish spring.

To me, Original Vetiver by Creed smells very similar to Irish Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    Sung Homme smells just like Irish Spring. It's available at Ulta or any perfume store, I swear it's just like the real thing.
    This is absolutely right.

i dont get irish spring from sung homme at all.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I don't think anything out there smells anything like Irish Spring soap. It's its own unique fragrance, with a weird green/lye accord seemingly built into it.
    Last edited by MOONB; 12th March 2012 at 12:45 AM.

What are the notes in irish Spring?

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    I don't think anything out there smells anything like Irish Spring soap. It's its own unique fragrance, with a weird green/lye accord seemingly built into it. I guess Original Vetiver or Sung Homme may come close, but with the latter only in the first few seconds off the top. Sung's development in no way resembles Irish Spring to my nose. I still can't figure out why they haven't released an Irish Spring fragrance.
    im telling you- mennen has an antiperspirant called "irish spring" speedstick. its extremely strong. smells exactly like irish spring. $3 or $4 as compaired to 40 or 80... and it smells exactly like what youre looking for.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    im telling you- mennen has an antiperspirant called "irish spring" speedstick. its extremely strong. smells exactly like irish spring. $3 or $4 as compaired to 40 or 80... and it smells exactly like what youre looking for.
    It's made with Irish Spring fragrance, true. It actually has the Irish Spring logo on it. It's made by the same company as Irish Spring soap, Colgate. It does work nicely in lieu of a perfume, but I think showering with the soap, using the deo stick, and then spritzing some fragrance would make for the ultimate Irish Spring experience.

its SO STRONG!! you dont need to spritz anything with this stuff.it overpowers most of my colognes, and im a diehard powerhouse wearer!

I can't stand mugler cologne. smells like rancid soap and ammonia to me. irish spring is a great smell imo. if colgate/palmolive or whoever owns irish spring started making body spray or a cologne, I'd buy it. I tend to like the 'green' in IS, not so much the soapiness. with all this talk about irish spring fragrances, you'd think the parent company would want to cash in, wouldn't you?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unvisible View Post
    I can't stand mugler cologne. smells like rancid soap and ammonia to me. irish spring is a great smell imo. if colgate/palmolive or whoever owns irish spring started making body spray or a cologne, I'd buy it. I tend to like the 'green' in IS, not so much the soapiness. with all this talk about irish spring fragrances, you'd think the parent company would want to cash in, wouldn't you?
    I take back what I said about Sung Homme. I wore some today. I have a big bottle of it. You know what? This stuff is ridiculously close to Irish Spring bar soap. In fact, I have a bar and I did a side-by-side comparison. Virtually identical, with just a little more juniper and bay.

I have to think that the existence of Sung Homme is the reason Colgate hasn't tried to issue Irish Spring in perfume form. They'd be hard-pressed to top it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno1979 View Post
    I tend to like the 'green' in IS, not so much the soapiness.
    Yeah, the green is definitely in Sung. Plus the soapiness.

Creed - Green Irish Tweed
    Tristan Lavoie
    Marié, infidèle et heureux.
    http://tristanheureux.blogspot.com/

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Creed - Green Irish Tweed
    Definitely compliments Irish Spring beautifully.

I have to say though, the more I think about it, the less I see a connection between I.S. and Mugler Cologne. Or Original Vetiver, for that matter, although I guess both could compliment I.S. fairly well.

CK Eternity is closest to Irish Spring soap of the fragrances I've sampled.

I don't get the comparison with Mugler Cologne, which to me smells like public restroom soap, but not Irish Spring.

Yes, the real perfume genius of our age may be the nose behind Irish Spring soap. And let's not forget Coast soap. Here I'm talking about the original versions from the 1970s. What's sold as Irish Spring today is quite different and not as distinctive.

Speaking of soap, if you're looking for a zesy, outdoor fresh soap, may I suggest Badedas, the fir balsam and horse chestnut soap from Germany, or the Men's Body Wash from Burt's Bees with bergamot, lemon, petitgrain and fir needles.
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; 17th July 2012 at 03:29 AM.

As others have already said, Sung Homme is Irish Spring Soap in an atomizer...

I haven't smelled Irish spring in quite a while but I do have Creed Green Valley and I've read reviews that say the two smell very much alike. If that's true, I might have to get me some Irish Spring given that I do quite like GV.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Grafton - Truefitt & Hill is identical to Irish Spring.
    Its a good barbershop frag
    Can not confirm this, but have heard this before as well. Also, I agree with the poster who said it's noting like Mugler
    WANTED (full or partial bottles)
    Divine eau Divine (refillable)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Profumo Saggio View Post
    I haven't smelled Irish spring in quite a while but I do have Creed Green Valley and I've read reviews that say the two smell very much alike. If that's true, I might have to get me some Irish Spring given that I do quite like GV.
    There's a bit of a resemblance. I always thought the green and white flecked box was an allusion to Irish Spring. But down to nuts and bolts, I think GV is quite a bit different, more complex and significantly sweeter than Irish Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by jlentz View Post
    Yes indeed!
    Especially in the drydown. And consequently so does Bond no. 9's Great Jones (drydown).
    jp1o

OMG, what I would give to find a fragrance that's reasonably priced that smells like Irish Spring. Seriously... some of the recommendations I've tried are just flat out ludicrous. Mugler Cologne? Really.. No way! This smells like a modern soapy/vetiver.. there's nothing "Irish Spring" about it. The Sung Homme recommendation is just stupid. Somebody recommended this to me a while back.. really? That's like saying Dirty English is an aquatic. I am not trying to insult anybody, but it's how I feel. I guess our opinions are biased. To me, Sung Homme has old school written all over it. It's undoubtedly soapy/clean, but it's not Irish Spring.

This would have to be something green/minty/fresh/cooling/a little citrus. No woods, no spices, no this or that. Specific right to the point. go smell a bar of Irish spring soap and tell me there's a fragrance that smells identical to it. There simply isn't. Take it from me. I have smelled thousands of designer fragrances. Lots of obscure ones that nobody will even try. There is nothing like Irish Spring, if there is I would love to know as well.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Default Irish Spring scent

The one that I found that comes closest to the actual smell but isn't soapy is Lucky You by Lucky brand. The bottle is even green with a shamrock on the side of it.

Sent from Richard's Ipad

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    Mugler Cologne is very close, I haven't smelled anything closer to it than that. Although, I'd imagine some niche fragrances would be very close since it seems Mugler is the only designer fragrance that comes close to it.
    I dont think MC resembles Irish Spring at all.

I would say GIT's top notes (not its sandalwood base) somewhat resembles it. But still... nothing strikingly close.

Paco Rabanne pour homme

Quote Originally Posted by Milan SRB View Post
    Paco Rabanne pour homme
    Not even close.

1881 Men Cerruti or
    Balmain de Balmain