Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Fragrance for a Physician

Quote Originally Posted by drgts View Post
    India
    Hi - a simple scent to wear during working hours would be Secretions Magnifiques by ELDO. Probably this might not be available in India.

First of all a fragrance must not be used to overcome bad smells. Things would for sure get worse.

Second a fragrance would preferably be choosen along the certain odours and foods around.

Third it would be fine to chosse it along the clientele You serve.

Forth, if Your work lets You keep a sole room the frag must not linger extensively.

Guerlain Shalimar connects well to sweat (hot, humid), it connects to tangy aromas as well as to sweats (regional kitchen), it is simple on the first whiff, and the zillage is toned down. Bulgari Black is not too far from it. In both the vanilla shows an optimistic mood which may be helpfull regarding Your profession.

I think You could forget about Western European frags due to their "fresh" alignment. In hot humid surrounding they would go rancid within a minute leaving a stinky mess of failed arrogance.

Not at least I would look up the regional, traditional codes regarding scents. As far as I know certain aromas are bound to rituals or special ocasions.

Good Luck!

Hi,
    First post but felt I had to reply !! I am a GP in England.The one scent I would recommend is Caron pour Un Homme.This is a very discreet scent with lavender in the opening followed by a calming vanilla in the dry down--ideal for your patients.I have used this for a couple of years with no complaints !! Regards the issue of doctors wearing scent -- most patients are not in with me long enough to have any realistic chance of a reaction to the scent and my office is air conditioned reducing the sillage too.

Image by Cerruti would be nice
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR
    Currently wearing: Black Orchid by Tom Ford

All due respect Wild Thingy but I think Shalimar is the last thing I'd want to smell in a clinical setting. I'll add my votes to eau de Cartier and Mugler Cologne.

Welcome to Basenotes, Stalliano! I think your suggestion is right on. Recently, I had to spend some time in a hospital with a family member, and I wore lavender fragrances every day. One was Pour Un Homme. I agree that it's calming and discreet just perfect for a doctor of either gender!

Quote Originally Posted by Stalliano View Post
    Hi,
    First post but felt I had to reply !! I am a GP in England.The one scent I would recommend is Caron pour Un Homme.This is a very discreet scent with lavender in the opening followed by a calming vanilla in the dry down--ideal for your patients.I have used this for a couple of years with no complaints !! Regards the issue of doctors wearing scent -- most patients are not in with me long enough to have any realistic chance of a reaction to the scent and my office is air conditioned reducing the sillage too.