Code of Conduct

Thread: Not walmart

Default Not walmart

Ladies, I could use your help. I want to buy a fragrance for my wife. She likes Shalimar and I bought her some last Christmas. I have been trying to tempt her with some of the more feminine juices in my collection but they are not to her liking.

My wife appreciates non-heavy, sweetish, with just a little powder. I would appreciate a little green with with her preferences (terre de bois?). From Walmart she has picked up Beyonce "Heat" and the latest from Faith Hill.

What could I offer to tempt her away from Wamart? I am thinking $50-$100. I believe she prefers mild-moderate sillage and good longevity. It would be convenient, but not absolutley necessary, if it could be sampled at Macys or Nordstroms.

I hope I gave enough info and I appreciate in advance, any advice you could lend me. slimbob714

Default Re: Not walmart

L'Instant Guerlain

Hillaire

Coco Mademoiselle

How about. . .

Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

Boucheron Jaipur Saphir

YSL Cinema

Basenotes Plus

Several come to mind

L'Instant- Guerlain
    Coco- Chanel
    Coco Mademoiselle- Chanel
    Hot Couture- Givenchy
    Flowerbomb- Viktor & Rolf
    Sensuous Noir- Estee Lauder
    Cinema- YSL
    Organza Indecence- Givenchy
    Narciso Rodriguez for Her- Narciso Rodriguez
    Guess by Marciano- Guess

I hope you find what you are looking for!

You could get her more Shalimar! That's an awesome fragrance to fall for

Alternatively, try the great suggestions in the above replies.

I'd add Chanel Allure Sensuelle and Estee Lauder Sensuous to a list of 'possible' choices.

Coco is a great choice! It just might please both of you and you can purchase it at any large department store. I also love Habanita...vanilla vetiver, yummy and reasonably priced.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimbob714 View Post
    My wife appreciates non-heavy, sweetish, with just a little powder.
    L'Heure Bleue de Guerlain?!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    L'Heure Bleue de Guerlain?!
    Excellent choice, don't know how I could have forgot this one.

Kenzo Flower, Prada L'Eau Ambre, Bulgari pour Femme, Estee Lauder Pure White Linen, Donna Karan Cashmere Mist, Chanel No. 5 Eau Premire...these are a few fragrances that I like that seem powdery and sweet. They are not as bombshell as Shalimar. I think most should be at Macy's, Nordie's, or Sephora.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 3rd October 2010 at 12:03 AM.

If she is so picky and only likes a few fragrances apart from Shalimar, I think it is better to ask her. Go and sniff some perfumes together and see what she likes! I have a friend who loves Shalimar and hates about everything else. She can not stand Coco Mademoiselle, L'Heure Bleue, Cinema, Hot couture and most of the fragrances suggested on this thread. She only about likes Kenzo Flower. The only other frag she loves is First. As my mother in law wears First and loves Shalimar it is worth exploring. Just do not get it without consulting her as it may not be a frag she likes and it's very different to Shalimar. Similar to First is White linnen, so that's worth checking. I hate it when my husband gets me something advised by a shop assistant. Last time he got me Boucheron and I hate it.

Guerlain Insolence

I agree with Sorcery. Guerlain Insolence is powerful even in the EDT. A bit strong on application, but wears down to a delicate fruity/floral vanilla.

As perfume is so personal, she should test it first. (Men should not buy clothing or jewellery for their women without asking her what she would like first.)

It is kind of you to be so considerate.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Lots of great advice in the previous posts! I would add Bulgari Jasmin Noir. Boucheron Trouble might work as well. Maybe Patou Sublime or Rochas Absolu and Tocade, too