Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Anyone ever order from Pascal Morabito, Paris?

Just wondering if anybody has had experience with Pascal Morabito in Paris. I placed an order with them last night on their website, and then discovered I had ordered the wrong thing. So I shot them an email and asked them to correct the order, but heard nothing back by email.

This morning, a phone call raised somebody there, but the connection was bad. After a second call, I got the same person, who told me it would be taken care of, and not to worry, and that somebody would reply to my email tomorrow.

Am I wrong to be a little nervous? If I get the wrong product I'm losing 85 Euros, which is like $130!

Can anybody reassure me that these folks really follow through? It's my first time ordering from them.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Thumbs up Re: Anyone ever order from Pascal Morabito, Paris?

The best thing you should do is to send them an e-mail, with the order number, etc, to rectify what you want, or to call them.
    I use to order from them, always well succed
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyone ever order from Pascal Morabito, Paris?

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    The best thing you should do is to send them an e-mail, with the order number, etc, to rectify what you want, or to call them.
    I use to order from them, always well succed
    Roberto, muito obrigado pela sua gentileza! Agora eu me sinto um pouco melhor...
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

—Seneca

Thumbs up Re: Anyone ever order from Pascal Morabito, Paris?

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    Roberto, muito obrigado pela sua gentileza! Agora eu me sinto um pouco melhor...
    Sempre benvindo. No seu lugar mandava e-mail e ligava pelo telefone.Eles são muito sérios.Pode ficar descansado.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Last weekend I ordered from them myself for the first time (yes, the Or Black-refill, you've guessed it) and send them the money via online-banking. Haven't heared anything from them since then. A week earlier I asked them politely via mail why the shipping is so high for a delivery to Germany (which is in direct neighborhood to France) but they didn't reply. They demand 40€ just for shipping although the actual costs can't be more then 5€ to 10€ and you only find that out after you're almost through with the ordering process - after you sent them your personal information. I really didn't like that and I think they really should put some more effort into their site to make it more transparent and customer friendly. However, Or Black is good enough to warrant the 85€ price tag for me, so I swallowed my pride and ordered it anyway. Will report back here when I have something new to say about my Morabito-experience.

Let me know how it goes JaimeB, I've been considering ordering from Morabito as well!

Ordered two fragrances from them last year and had no problem at all. Arrived in two ten days.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

In spite of my ineptitude, the people at Pascal Morabito have emailed me confirming the change of order and the shipping address I had given them, so it looks like we're good to go! The tone of their email was very cordial and straightforward, so I feel a little less like a fool than I did yesterday.

I'll review this once I receive it and have a chance to give it a full wearing.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

—Seneca

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Ordered two fragrances from them last year and had no problem at all. Arrived in two ten days.
    I'm not sure I understand. Did your order arrive in two days or in ten days?
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

—Seneca

Ten to twenty days seems likely, given that it comes from another continent and possible customs involvement etc.. My shippings from the USA usually take that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    Ten to twenty days seems likely, given that it comes from another continent and possible customs involvement etc.. My shippings from the USA usually take that long.
    Sorry man,

You should had posted Your intention to buy from them online. You would have saved me so much I would have bought a third bottle of that grim stuff.

Nevertheless, does anybody know a shop of theirs in PARIS? A friend of mine will leave on Sunday and return via Paris later. So, it would be nice to have him buying that infamous juice right from the source, kind of geo caching, it'll be fun!

Anybody?

The Morabito's shop adress in Paris is:

16, Place Vendome
    Paris 75001

Nearest metro (tube, subway) station is Pyramides.

I've ordered twice from them and have nothing but good things to say about their service. Mailing costs were a little high if I remember correctly, but they got everything done quickly, correctly and I would highy recommend them.

Mailing costs are high in France, very high, higher than enywhare I've been. It's not the company's fault.

40€ for the shipping of a small parcel from France to Germany? No way! But like I said, the overall price of 85€ is acceptable, IMO. Unless of course they are using delivery by stage coach or something fancy like that.

Well, I recently paid around 30 euro to ship a parcel that small to another EU country. I paid 15 euro to ship a small box of medecine to Holland, and not even reccomended. Just to give You an idea.

Did that include duty (customs)? That might be an explanation. I doubt that though since that would be different for every country, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevena View Post
    The Morabito's shop adress in Paris is:

16, Place Vendome
    Paris 75001

Nearest metro (tube, subway) station is Pyramides.
    But that's just offices, not a shop. I actually visited the place and all I found was a receptionist, who didn't know anything about a shop (but then her English was actually worse than my French). If there was a shop in Paris, I wasn't able to find it.

Yes, but it's those offices that deal with orders. If You mean the boutique, the shop, it's on the website. It's just across the road behind a corner from Guerlain's house on Champs Elisee.

259 r St Honoré 75001 PARIS
    01 53 23 90 44

I do not think the shop assistants will deal with an online purchase. There is the site.

http://www.morabitoparis.com/fr/index.html

Nasenmann, I do not think that includes customs. No custom duty between European states. In france taxis, post, restaurants are really expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    I'm not sure I understand. Did your order arrive in two days or in ten days?
    Sorry, was tired when I typed this: ten days!

So, 15 days after placing the order and sending the money, my Or Black-refill arrived! I was beginnig to worry because I asked them for a confimation via email but never received an answer. My summary: shopping on Pascal Morabito's website kinda felt like a black box-experience but in the end everything worked out and the overall pricing is ok.
    Last edited by Nasenmann; 11th October 2010 at 06:12 PM.

Well, I did not send my order when I realised it was 40 Euros for shipping. Ridiculous!!! - Serge Lutens manages to do it for 15 Euros and it comes as if you had ordered jewels.
    No way for me... had a good laugh though.