Code of Conduct

Default Profumi di Pantelleria

Greetings Everyone

Is anyone familiar with the House of Profumi di Pantelleria? Here is a brief description from Luckyscent.com:

Profumi di Pantelleria
    Pantelleri--the black pearl of Mediterranean-- is an island off Sicily. Warm, lush, and benefiting from past volcanic activity, which made the soil incredibly fertile and gave it the color, gives the island its nickname. This breathtaking setting inspired a group of friends to capture the scent of the island in a bottle: The zibibbo vines that grow grapes for sparkling wines, the capers, the riot of plant life, the smell of the sea.

Profumi di Pantelleria was born. One fragrance led to another, all capturing different aspects of life on their beloved island of Pantelleria, and all crafted in the fine Italian tradition, using exceptional ingredients and infinite care.

I have a sample of their fragrance Maestrale, and the opening is beautiful. Here is a descrition of the fragrance notes:
    Maestrale captures the surreal peacefulness that follows the howl of the surf-ridden sea... Delicate citrusy and aromatic top notes are a prelude to a flowery, spicy middle that rests on woody, green and amber bottom notes.

Maestrale Notes:
    bergamot, lavender, rhubarb, rum, jasmine, iris, cardamom, coriander, cedarwood, vetiver, ambrette seeds

It sounds mundane, but I have never smelled anything quite like this. Maybe it is the quality of the ingredients. Try a sample...the FB fragrance is out of stock until late October.

Has anyone tried any of the fragrances from this House? Thanks.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Default Re: Profumi di Pantelleria

An undiscovered line of niche fragrances on Basenotes?
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Myself and girlfriend tried all the line quite a while ago. I managed to get a complete set of samples for free and also received a booklet which explained about the history of this perfume house. Pantelleria is an Italian island in the Mediterranean Sea near Sicily and looks an amazing place to visit.
    First in Fragrance (Germany) also sell samples of this line. My favourites were Dammuso, Maestrale and Profumo di Pantelleria, although it's not one of the best Italian niche houses I've come across.

Thanks Craig! I should have known you would be familiar with this Italian niche perfumery!

I have a little sample of Maestrale. I tried it a long time ago, and all I can remember is that it was SO woody -- all cedar. Cedar to the max. I need to revisit it and see how it strikes me currently.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Here are my in depth reviews:

http://sorceryofscent.blogspot.com/s...%20Pantelleria

There are some lovely scents in this line.

Thanks Sorcery!

I recently received Maestrale from LuckyScent because the sample I had was fantastic! But unfortunately I believe I got a "bad" bottle and had to return it. It smelled nothing like the sample and was likely the last bottle they had because the next day it was "out of stock". I'm hoping they replace the bottle with a fresh one instead of a refund because I really like this fragrance.

Blog Entries

This is currently my favorite scent. It initially reminds me of pencil shavings back when I used pencils. . . . and it has a consistent smell that lingers through the day, though not as strong as I like. it was my first major purchase, and i have been very happy. As curious as I am about other scents, I always find this one stands above them all (for me).

I used to have a bottle of Maestrale when I first joined Basenotes and I was considering another bottle purchase this spring but do not have it now. It never reminded me of the sea or a beach (per the luckyscent description) nearly as much as the greenery that sprouts up in the forest during spring. The smell of grass and wood is very prominent. It has a really different character about it that is very refreshing. It reminded me a little of Acqua di Biella Bursch and also of Estroverso by Nobile 1942 but is woodier than either of these. The rhubarb and rum adds a mysterious difference to the other more typical ingredients that make up mediterranean herbal style eau de cologne. Thumbs up for Maestrale.

Thanks very much for the information Rosehavn. These perfumes sound very interesting !!!
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

bringing the dead back to life .... has anyone sampled Pantelleria - Passum ?