Code of Conduct

Question What other Xerjoffs shold I try?

Before I found basenotes I was almost entirely a creed guy with BdP being my signature scent.

After finding basenotes I asked for recommendations and was turned on to Amouage (Epic man, Silver Man, Gold Man, Jubilation, Opus III & IV, & Ubar) that I liked very much.

I've recently tried Xerjoff (I've tried Uden, Kobe, and Richwood) and love them!

What other Xerjoff scents would you recommend?

I'll be placing a sample order soon!
    1.) MDCI Invasion Barbare 2.) Creed Bois du Portugal 3.) Xerjoff Uden 4.) Amouage Jubilation XXV 5.) Amouage Epic 6.) Puredistance M 7.) Kilan Back To Black 8.) Tom Ford Bois Rouge 9.) Le Labo Rose 31 10.) Amouage Gold Man

Default Re: What other Xerjoffs shold I try?

Since you like Invasion Barbare and Bois du Portugal, you should absolutely 100% try Dhofar for a lighter modern twist. Soapy lavender/carnation combo, not too serious or outdated, versatile and easy to wear.

Thank you, CG. I will order a sample of Dhofar!
    1.) MDCI Invasion Barbare 2.) Creed Bois du Portugal 3.) Xerjoff Uden 4.) Amouage Jubilation XXV 5.) Amouage Epic 6.) Puredistance M 7.) Kilan Back To Black 8.) Tom Ford Bois Rouge 9.) Le Labo Rose 31 10.) Amouage Gold Man

You sampled two of my three favorite - Kobe and Richwood. Don't miss Homme.

Banned

Irisss - an earthy and creamy iris ...

I reckon you'd like Mefisto.

I'd say try Regio and Fiero from what you've already listed that you like.

I have been sampling the full line over the past two weeks. I support the enthusiasm for HOMME and RICHWOOD above.

Regio is my favorite of the Casamorati Line (Fiero, which I also love, is the boldest and badass of the men's section ... but Regio is unique and wonderfully salty-citrus) Mefisto is beautiful... ABSOLUTELY beautiful - I just wish it lasted longer. I went full bottle on Regio last summer before even testing the others, and have no regrets. It is still my first-choice casamorati (but it has some pretty strong memory associations with me, so that preference might not be objective.)

I have loved all of the Male-oriented shooting stars... I second the love for Kobe, Nio, and Uden... and think that you will like Dhofar (the one that some are on the fence about). Oroville is a wonderful citrus twist on tobacco. I wore it wrist to wrist with Amouage's Tribute just to see how Bitter Orange Blossom / Tobacco could be so very different. (And for the record - I found virtually no room for comparisson... the Oroville coming out far more Tobacco Absolute and the Tribute seaming to suddenly have no Tobacco but instead launching that incredible Frankincense to dominate the room. Funny... because I have always thought of it as a heavy tobacco scent, but next to a more life-like tobacco fragrance, it's as if Tribute suddenly had no tobacco to speak of.)

In fact... can I make a recommendation? There really isn't a bad Shooting star in the male line... so the sampler box that you can order directly from Xerjoff is a STEAL.

http://www.xerjoff.com/eboutique/ind...very-sets.html

Discovery Set Two from shooting stars (the masculine-leaning set) gets you 6 x 15ml = 90ml for 160 EUROS! This is a promotion like you never see in haute perfumery, considering that one bottle of a mere 50ml will set you back... 250 Euros. I can understand not wanting to dish out $$$ on an assortment if you thought you would only like 1 or 2 of the 6. But they all all beautiful in my opinion, and as someone who couldn't care less about the bottle and sillk bag... I'll keep "discovering" over and over for this price. (And yes, in fact, I have ordered a second discovery box of the same set; it just makes sense.)

With the 17/17 and Casamorati Discovery sets, it is a bit more of a compromise, as you are purchasing an assortment that combines the gender specifications. But if you don't discriminate gender when we're talking about gorgeous fragrances, who cares? I have not tried Irisss or Damarose - but hear they are wonderful. (And yes... that box, too, is on its way)

As for Casamorati, I promise that the 3 fem-leaning fragrances also have real merit. Lira will be the most challenging, but I'll happily wear it at home and try not eat my own wrist after smelling this delicious caramel gourmand. The fiore d'ulivo is green/olive enough to pull off, and the Bouquet Ideal is more masculine than you would think. Once again.. at a mere 140 Euros for 6x13=78ml... a bargain.

I can see purchasing a few more "repeat discoveries" - it is a rare case that ultra-high-end fragrance houses allow you so much of a discount on smaller portions - not mere samples - of their most exclusive scents.

Imagine if the 17.5 vial of Puredistance M were priced this way compared to the 100ml? Unfortunately, that will NEVER happen.

So if you want to go the sample route and take the wise track of not blind buying... that is completely understandable. But if you like to gamble, these Xerjoff Discovery sets are about the best thing going.

-Lawrence
    Last edited by FumeHood; 28th January 2012 at 04:34 PM.
    Having Simultaneous Affairs with: Amouage Memoir Man, Fate Man, Interlude Man, Epic Extrait (yep... the femme version), Tribute, Homage, Opus IV, VI, & VII • Puredistance M, Black • Tauer L'Air & Carillon pour un Ange • Knize Ten Golden • L'Artisan Al Oudh, Traversee du Bosphore, Dzing! • TF Noir de Noir • Xerjoff Homme, Richwood, Regio, 1861, 1888, Zafar • Serge Lutens MKK, Gris Clair, Fille en Aiguilles, La Myrre • H de Parfums 1740, Noir Patchouli, Tub3 Animale • Abdes Salaam Tabac, Sharif, Mecca Balsam • Slumberhouse Vikt, Baque • MDCI Invasion Barbare, Chypre Palatin • Nicolδi NY, Vie de Chateau Intense, L'Eau Mixte • Dior Leather Oud & Patchouli Imperial • Chanel Sycomore • Guerlain Derby, Songe d'un Bois d'Ete • MFK Oud Cashmere Mood • Ormonde Jayne Man

Hi Lawrence, it's not just me with Mefisto that has trouble with it lasting then lol I really like it, far better than Silver Mountain Water from Creed which some people compare it to (to me it's nothing like it), but I can't get longer than a couple of hours then it fades very quickly. Other Xerjoff's last a very long time on me.