Code of Conduct

Default Differences between Helmut Lang for Men and Prada Infusion D'homme?

Does anyone have enough experience with these two?

Default Re: Differences between Helmut Lang for Men and Prada Infusion D'homme?

Infusion D'homme is a new love, but have not tried Helmut Lang.

Infusion very soapy and better longevity than I would expect for this kind of scent.

I have Infusion. I am wondering how different it is from HL?

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    I have Infusion. I am wondering how different it is from HL?
    HL is not iris prominent at all. Do you want another iris scent?

Hey Mike, Not looking for another iris scent but perhaps another clean scent.

Helmut Lang EDC is increasingly rare and is a fantastic fragrance.

Infusion D'Homme is a neroli bomb.

Prada Amber pour homme is a very good clean scent and better IMO than Infusion D'Homme.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    Helmut Lang EDC is increasingly rare and is a fantastic fragrance.

Infusion D'Homme is a neroli bomb.
    How do they compare?

Helmut Lang is a buttery, floral, vanilla, musky frag.

Prada Infusion D'Homme is Iris and soapy. Like after shower clean fresh smell.

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Helmut Lang is a buttery, floral, vanilla, musky frag.

Prada Infusion D'Homme is Iris and soapy. Like after shower clean fresh smell.
    Thanks, that helps.

I think this is a very good question - they are surprisingly similar in feel. Saying HL is not iris-prominent and moving on is just missing the point. Both are slightly powdery and somehow very white. I don't get this feeling from every powdery scent. They're both clean in same innovative way and refined in a nonchalant way.

That being said, I find Helmut Lang to be the superior fragrance, by far. Infusion d'homme is promising, but it turns really thin and one-dimensional. It has a great concept, but after few hours all that's left is this synthetic and piercing soapy accord. Helmut Lang then again stays true to it's character for hours, with very well done musky base intermingling with more dynamic notes of lavender, rosemary and some florals. It's a very special fragrance; aura it creates around you is reassuring and comforting.