Code of Conduct

Default new release wish list

these are two that pluck the heartstrings: descriptions from Luckyscent, Has anyone sniffed these yet?

Une Rose Vermeille
    by Tauer Perfumes

A divinely saucy rose scent that flounces and shimmies and flirts its way into your heart and never lets you go. The opening is bright and juicy citrus with a hint of lavender – and then the vermillion rose unfurls its luscious petals. As you would expect from Andy Tauer, the rose is exceptionally vivid and true – deep and velvety and spicy, with a peppery bite that acts as the perfect foil to a delicious, intensely concentrated essence of raspberry. This is a raspberry that you would pick in a dream – the most perfect berry of the summer - so bright and pure and sweet that you would cry if you woke up before tasting another. The sparkling rose and raspberry jam is folded into a creamy base of vanilla, tonka bean and smooth sandalwood, taking us right to the brink of gourmand, but not quite crossing over. There is definitely an edible quality to Une Rose Vermeille – it conjures up marzipan and meringue and Bavarian cream – but it isn’t pure dessert due to the startling freshness of the rose and the deep purr of the sandalwood. This rose is not just charming and delectable and adorably feminine, but a bit naughty, as well. Stunning.
    Une Rose Vermeille Notes
    lemon, bergamot, lavender, rose, raspberry, violet, vanilla, sandalwood, tonka bean, ambergris

Bas de soie
    by Serge Lutens

With Bas de Soie (aka Silk Stockings) following up on Serge Noire, Filles en Aiguilles and Fourreau Noir in his new vein of sartorially-named fragrances, Serge Lutens has ventured out of black and into the blue by splicing hyacinth and iris. Is this hyaris or iricinth? The two notes are so intimately blended in this shimmering scent that they can’t be teased apart. Those who wondered where the Lutens-Sheldrake tandem would go after their L’Eau Serge Lutens shocker have their answer. And it’s not back to Marrakesh: Bas de soie is as quintessentially Parisian as the gardens of the Palais Royal. And though this green-tinged, stripped-down descendent of Chanel N°19 may smell as clean as the most expensive soap in the boudoir, it’s no anti-perfume either: it radiates classic, powdery coolness, with an oddly compelling salty-metallic tang in the drydown. After the rooty, moody Iris Silver Mist, this is a radically different and relentlessly chic take on iris. Now slip on those silk stockings and slay ’em.
    Notes
    Galbanum, hyacinth, spicy notes, iris, musk
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: new release wish list

Une Rose Vermeille is gorgeous , rtamara ! As much as I love it, I am lemming another bottle of Une Rose Chypree to replenish my little bottle that I have.
    Re. Serge Lutens- Boxeuses sounds wonderful as well - with it's plum- leather and I would at least like to sample it .
    Memoir Woman - samples on the way !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I too have all these samples on the way (I bought the Lucky Scent fall gift bag... with three Vero Profumo's and two new maison Kurkdjians I couldn't help myself)
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org

So many great new releases!! Did get the new Memoir Woman and Vero Rubj EDP released this week. Been waiting soooo long for them.

Also got sample of both new Andy Tauers. The new Lutens are very tempting to me as well.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by BayKAT View Post
    I too have all these samples on the way (I bought the Lucky Scent fall gift bag... with three Vero Profumo's and two new maison Kurkdjians I couldn't help myself)
    Oh Baykat- please tell us what you think of the new Francis Kurdjian Absolus when you get them !

Just sampled Carillon Pour Un Ange and it's now my second-favorite Tauer after the near-mythical Orris. My Diorissimo may have to go bye-bye in light of this one!

I'm also pining for the new Kilian Love & Tears, which effected me more than I thought it would.

More than anything, I'm eager to try the new Lutens, the new Tauers, Nasomatto's Nuda, and Francis Kurkdjian's Absolue Pour Le Soir.

summer means fireflys

Mimi, Boxeuses is WONDERFUL! The leather is soft and supple with a plum note that gets sweeter as time goes by. There is wood and smoke (or incense maybe) to keep the sweetness from getting TOO much. I've been dabbing from a small sample vial, but I think that Boxeuses is the kind of frag that really needs to be sprayed to appreciate the richness and the layers of notes.

I.WANT.THIS.

I ordered the Lucky Scent fall gift bag as well.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

Me too for the new SLs. Shades, I bought a decant of Boxeuses which should be arriving any day now and I can't wait, given the reviews and especially after your description. From everything I've read it sounds almost as if Chanel Cuir de Russie and Femme made a baby together.

And I'd love a bottle of Shalimar Ode a la Vanille. Sounds so mouthwatering.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    Mimi, Boxeuses is WONDERFUL! The leather is soft and supple with a plum note that gets sweeter as time goes by. There is wood and smoke (or incense maybe) to keep the sweetness from getting TOO much. I've been dabbing from a small sample vial, but I think that Boxeuses is the kind of frag that really needs to be sprayed to appreciate the richness and the layers of notes.

I.WANT.THIS.
    Ditto. Big time. (I may actually be salivating.)

Basenotes Institution

I.WANT.THIS.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeKF View Post
    Ditto. Big time. (I may actually be salivating.)
    I may have to get a decant !!!!!!!!

I also want to try the new Tauers, also By Killian's Love & Tears, and I read Parfums de Nicolaï have a new one coming out featuring heliotrope which has me very interested. Also read here (I think?) that F. Malle & Dominique Ropion are planning to release a new fragrance with rose & patchouli, which also has me very interested. Lots to look forward to.

The new Kurkdjians are amazing , I brought absolue Pour Le soir and Pour Le Matin is a future purchase for sure ....

I would like to try the new Tauers and the Amouage Memoir

I am looking forward to trying the two new Lutens. I have a decant of Boxeuses on the way and I cannot wait. I also want to try the new By Kilian and the new Guerlain that Mr. G started a thread for, as well as the Arsen Lupins.
    Evenstar

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I also want to try the new Tauers, also By Killian's Love & Tears, and I read Parfums de Nicolaï have a new one coming out featuring heliotrope which has me very interested. Also read here (I think?) that F. Malle & Dominique Ropion are planning to release a new fragrance with rose & patchouli, which also has me very interested. Lots to look forward to.
    Oh yes, the new Frederic Malle by Dominique Ropion - Protrait of A Lady !

Seconding the "Portrait Of A Lady" curiosity! Very eager to sample and see just what that'll smell like.

Blog Entries

I'm currently intrigued by the new Guerlain Dandy scent - Guerlinade + leather? Sign me up!

The re-release of Fougere Royale is currently at the top of my list, though. The couple of drops I tried from a near-empty test vial were amazing. I just want to give it a real test-run once the proper tester arrives. But it would have to do something awful to disuade me at this point.

Judging by name only, I also want to check out the upcoming Creed Spice & Woods.

I got a vial of the new violet Kilian in the mail (it pays to have a generous Kilian SA!) and I liked it much more than I was expecting. I'll have to give it a real wearing soon...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    I got a vial of the new violet Kilian in the mail (it pays to have a generous Kilian SA!) and I liked it much more than I was expecting. I'll have to give it a real wearing soon...
    Hmmm..what's this violet Kilian you talk about Is it supposed to come out soon?

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Hmmm..what's this violet Kilian you talk about Is it supposed to come out soon?
    No kidding! My ears - and nose - pricked up at the mention of "Kilian" and "violet" together. Any chance this pre-release sample might make it's way to your sample swap thread, Rogalal?

I'm currently intrigued by the new Guerlain Dandy scent - Guerlinade + leather? Sign me up!

The re-release of Fougere Royale is currently at the top of my list, though. The couple of drops I tried from a near-empty test vial were amazing. I just want to give it a real test-run once the proper tester arrives. But it would have to do something awful to disuade me at this point.

Judging by name only, I also want to check out the upcoming Creed Spice & Woods.

Rogalal, I understand the Guerlain Arsene Lupin scents (Le Dandy and Le Voyou) will be released sometime in November. The violet/leather of Le Dandy has me intrigued.

I am also waiting for this one!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Sorry guys, I'm an idiot - I meant the new Love & Tears from Kilian, which is jasmine, not violet...

I'm wearing it now. The reviewer who described it as light must have a very different idea of light than me. It's so indolic and rich that I would have sworn it has a slug of tuberose in it. But apparently it's done with orange blossom and petitgrain. It's not as loud as, say, Fracas or A La Nuit, but it's still pretty heavy. For the jasmine/tuberose mix, I think I liked Chantecaille's Petales better than this, but fans of bigger florals would probably like Love & Tears better.

Sorry for the confusion...

Sorry guys, I'm an idiot - I meant the new Love & Tears from Kilian, which is jasmine, not violet...

I'm wearing it now. The reviewer who described it as light must have a very different idea of light than me. It's so indolic and rich that I would have sworn it has a slug of tuberose in it. But apparently it's done with orange blossom and petitgrain. It's not as loud as, say, Fracas or A La Nuit, but it's still pretty heavy. For the jasmine/tuberose mix, I think I liked Chantecaille's Petales better than this, but fans of bigger florals would probably like Love & Tears better.

Sorry for the confusion...
    I was confused because Love & Tears is supposedly the last of the BK "normal" price-range fragrances (not including Pure Oud and so on).
    Really?! You found it indolic?! It's one of the cleanest jasmines I know of; almost in an En Passant sort of way. I did not care for it at all...I guess that figures when it comes to my tastes HA!

Anyways, I just have to say I know I don't post a lot these days, but I appreciate the effort you put in reviewing scents. I read each and every one of them! A big fan here! Cheers!

I.WANT.THIS.
    Adding to my wish list...Love the new pic, BTW.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    I was confused because Love & Tears is supposedly the last of the BK "normal" price-range fragrances (not including Pure Oud and so on).
    Really?! You found it indolic?! It's one of the cleanest jasmines I know of; almost in an En Passant sort of way. I did not care for it at all...I guess that figures when it comes to my tastes HA!

Anyways, I just have to say I know I don't post a lot these days, but I appreciate the effort you put in reviewing scents. I read each and every one of them! A big fan here! Cheers!
    So all future Kilians are going to be in the $300-$400 range now?? Argh...

Thanks for the kind words about the reviews, but I think I look more confident in writing than I am in real life. I would have sworn there was tuberose in Love & Tears, but I guess it was a trick. I found it as indolic as your average tuberose, which I still think of as pretty indolic, though I've definitely smelled worse (Creed's Irisia or Saks 5th Ave for Her spring to mind as things I consider to be high on the indole scale). I think I'm realizing that I'm a jasmine purist. Except for it's ridiculous strength, I've like A La Nuit the most of those I've tried, if that means anything.

Basenotes Institution

Memoir Woman - oh my gosh ..testing it today ...must have .............( My husband will have an almighty fit......... )

So all future Kilians are going to be in the $300-$400 range now?? Argh...

Thanks for the kind words about the reviews, but I think I look more confident in writing than I am in real life. I would have sworn there was tuberose in Love & Tears, but I guess it was a trick. I found it as indolic as your average tuberose, which I still think of as pretty indolic, though I've definitely smelled worse (Creed's Irisia or Saks 5th Ave for Her spring to mind as things I consider to be high on the indole scale). I think I'm realizing that I'm a jasmine purist. Except for it's ridiculous strength, I've like A La Nuit the most of those I've tried, if that means anything.

I have read that there are at least two more of the Arabian Nights series due in the near future. One is an incense with aoud.
    Evenstar

Okay, now I'm totally stoked about trying Memoir Woman!

So all future Kilians are going to be in the $300-$400 range now?
    I heard that this was the end of the Love series, not the end of L’Oeuvre Noire.

I honestly thing they were just running out of names. There was "Prelude To Love - invitation", then "Love - don't be shy", and then "Beyond Love - prohibited", and of course now, "Love & Tears - surrender". Clearly, Mr. Kilian's love life is on the rocks, so it's either drop this theme or release things along the lines of "Love Me Not - restraining order"...

Basenotes Plus

There are 2 that I'd like, Memoir Woman by Amouage and Portrait Of A Lady by Frederic Malle.

Blog Entries

He he - Eau d'Restraining Order...

I was told that the next Kilian oud would be an amber oud. But I think I'd prefer one with incense...

"Gilded Lily" by Ineke and "Violette in Love" by PDN...and generally, I don't like florals. Go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    Just sampled Carillon Pour Un Ange and it's now my second-favorite Tauer after the near-mythical Orris. My Diorissimo may have to go bye-bye in light of this one!

I'm also pining for the new Kilian Love & Tears, which effected me more than I thought it would.

More than anything, I'm eager to try the new Lutens, the new Tauers, Nasomatto's Nuda, and Francis Kurkdjian's Absolue Pour Le Soir.
    Nuda is really worth testing IMO. I thought it beat the pants off Love & Tears--although, all things being equal, I don't think it's much of a monetary savings!

(Please bear with me--this is my first post here!)