Code of Conduct

Default Inky smells in colognes.

Hey guys:

I just tried out a sample of Dunhill Black. I noticed that it almost had this ink-like smell to it. I thought it was alright, but not sure if it's bottle-worthy or anything. I guess the only other frag that gives me an ink smell might be J. Del Potro's Quasar with the newsprint smell. So, I was wondering how people in general feel about ink smells. Do they ever receive compliments? I can see how some women might actually like Black. Not sure about Quasar so much.

Default Re: Inky smells in colognes.

People saw Creed Silver Mountain Water has a distinct ink smell, and that is supposedly a huge compliment getter from the ladies.

L'Antimatiere by LesNez. Really polarizing scent, one camp says it's basically a joke, fragrance without a scent, another that it's truly remarkable ambergris fragrance that blends with your skin to produce an enticing scent.

Me? I love it, I really do.

+1 for Creed Silver Mountain Water. Inky. Inky. Inky.

Sur la Plage

I like Comme des Garcons 2.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Commes des Garcons 2

Also, if they can use whale vomit (ambergris) in cologne, maybe they should milk a squid and get a really earthy ink smell going.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

I like the inky note as long as it is not overbearing. Iirc I found it in Encre Noire and ST Dupont's Signature pour Homme.

Don't waste your time with Dunhill, I've tried most from that house, and found most to be dreadful. Dunhill Pure is their best offering imo, similar to GIT but more synthetic smelling.

Default Inky smells in colognes.

Silver Mountain Water is inky, icy cold mountain stream smelling. Good to go!!!!

i got compliments when i wore quasar-i read that one of the notes was supposed to be "newspaper", i enjoyed this one but probably would not buy it again-even tho it's 15 bucks at perfumania.

CdG Odeur 53 has something like it, too, but I've never come across a scent where the ink note is as pronounced as I'd like it to be - CdG 2 was a bit of a disappointment on that count. Personally, I love the smell of ink and tint, but I don't know how representative I am of women in general.

I don't really get much ink in CDG2 either, but the note has been described as sumo ink, or some kind of Japanese ink, so it doesn't quite smell as normal ink.

I get a lot of ink in SoOud's Burqa, as well as M/Mink by Byredo. For the most part, Burqa smells more inky to me though. I'm always on the lookout for dark and inky scents and would love to hear more recommendations.

Just remembered a few more dark inky scents: Memoir Man, Pure Oud.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

oscar de la renta pour lui has a distinct ink smell.

I have never noticed an inky smell in a fragrance.

I definitely get a pronounced ink note in Silver Mountain Water
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Encre Noire has a quasi ink smell to it and yes it receives compliments. My girlfriend LOVES this one on me and insisted that I buy it.

Encre Noir, for sure.
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N░ 2

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have never noticed an inky smell in a fragrance.
    +1

I've smelled accords/notes that could give the impression of ink (at a stretch IMO) but nothing that actually smells like ink to me.

A third vote for CdG 2 here. To me the ink note is very clear. This one seems pretty unisex to me despite the existence of 2Man.

I get an inky smell from Samourai by Alain Delon