Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Creed Windsor Back in stock at Creed online!!!!

Default Re: Creed Windsor Back in stock at Creed online!!!!

This faux limited edition thing (w/ Windsor and Pure Malt) is really bullshit. It's a cheap way to generate interest and talk about a perfume, and I know if I was one of the people to buy Windsor during its original, and supposedly only release, I'd be pissed.

We need to boycott this stupid behavior.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 30th September 2010 at 09:26 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    This faux limited edition thing (w/ Windsor and Pure Malt) is really bullshit. It's a cheap way to generate interest and talk about a perfume, and I know if I was one of the people to buy Windsor during it's original, and supposedly only release, I'd be pissed.

You know I have to agree with you SoS. I was one of the ones who actually purchased a few of the original limited 70 bottles. I loved the scent and I purchased it. Being limited was a very big bonus too though as I thought that I would have something that I couldn't get anymore. That is definitely an allure even if its pointless or not. But since Creed pulled this stunt in releasing it again like this so quickly after the original release date, I have been really pissed off. That to me was a complete lack of respect for the clientele who really supported that first release. This is bull$hit in my opinion and really pissed me off with Creed.

Post Thanks / Like

*very happy*

And although I do somewhat share CairoMerta's sentiment about clentele, having rushed to purchase 4 flacons, anticipating there never to be any more Windsor available, I have since worn it so often, that I feel I will need more than my original "1st run" purchases, and am happy to pick up more reserves:

Apparently the new 250ml flacons will not feature the charcoal/silver "Windsor Saks" crest on the front, but will be in gold crested flacons.

Post Thanks / Like

Uh, well, you know, Erwin was surprisingly granted access to the Duke's private gardens to hand harvest those special DoW roses, which made it possible against all odds to create a new batch of Windsor using ancient infusion techniques, but just only this one batch now, we swear - on a stack of our original 18th century formulas.
    You know, it's funny nobody ever talks about the other branch of Olivier's ancestry, the illustrious Barnum family....
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    You know, it's funny nobody ever talks about the other branch of Olivier's ancestry, the illustrious Barnum family....
    A slight similarity of countenance:

But being serious, I will partially forgive the many type of BS so long as he keep releasing more new and unique fragrances, of utmost quality. The juice is what is most important, no amount of lies can spoil the juice itself.

I am anxious to find out if batch #2 differs in any way from the first one. Anyone know about this?

No offense like but Im genuinely surprised that people are happy to hand over 600 bucks a bottle

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    No offense like but Im genuinely surprised that people are happy to hand over 600 bucks a bottle
    I like to swipe a quick spray of Clive Christian No. 1 whenever I'm in a Neiman's so I can brag about wearing a $900 fragrance. And it's a much smaller bottle than Windsor.

So yes, I get the snob-appeal factor.

The damnedest part: both are actually very good fragrances.
    Last edited by mrcologneguy; 2nd October 2010 at 03:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

If O didn't hand sign and number the new bottles, they should be priced significantly less...just sayin...

If I was rich, I'd have this.

I am not a windsor fan but I am envious of the people getting windsor flacons, I wish they would do that for vintage tabarome, but I have sincere doubts.

Only the 8.4oz flacon, no atomizers or other sizes? Hell... I guess I gotta find somebody that will part with an 50ml atomizer worth instead.
    Hi, I'm William | removethelabels.com | Yep! This Is My Moving Sale Thread
    My Decant & Bottles Swap Thread | I need a Creed Original Vetiver cap...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    This faux limited edition thing (w/ Windsor and Pure Malt) is really bullshit. It's a cheap way to generate interest and talk about a perfume, and I know if I was one of the people to buy Windsor during its original, and supposedly only release, I'd be pissed.

I have mixed feelings, myself, having bought it (and having sold off most of it to others). I recall thinking at the time that it was too good to keep limited to 70 bottles, and I think that was pretty obvious to Creed as well. Had Windsor been a major squib, there is no way they would be doing this. But no fragrance maker will turn down a replay of a hit limited edition fragrance. They have to pay the bills, too. I guess I'm a bit forgiving, even though I do feel a bit used.

On the one hand we have companies releasing scads of smell-alike mainstreamers, or scents that walk that way to make a buck. On the other, we get one-off weirdo quality scents like Windsor, where they have to use gimmicks like "one-time limited editions" to keep them from being interesting duds that don't get appreciated until they're long gone. But what happens if it exceeds expectations? Ah, yes. Compromise. As always.

I suspect that the perfumista crowd bought up so much of the Windsor and generated so much hype, that Creed's "Powers That Be" clientele started asking for it and came up short on juice. Second "one time" edition is as easy as the stroke of a pen.

But, on the other hand, at least Creed made the stuff and offered it a a decent price, once it's parted out by the mL.

C'est le parfum.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't like Windsor, I hate Love in Black and hate Love in White and Feuille Verte was just not strong enough.
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Creed has never re released a private collection cologne except windsor from what I know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    *very happy*

And although I do somewhat share CairoMerta's sentiment about clentele, having rushed to purchase 4 flacons, anticipating there never to be any more Windsor available, I have since worn it so often, that I feel I will need more than my original "1st run" purchases, and am happy to pick up more reserves:

Apparently the new 250ml flacons will not feature the charcoal/silver "Windsor Saks" crest on the front, but will be in gold crested flacons.

I love this picture and am very jealous...nice...

Post Thanks / Like

I am unable to fathom this hoopla that Creed is trying to generate with Windsor.

During it's initial launch they sold only 70 flacons, generating a gross revenue of over US$42,000.
    Subsequently they decided they wanted to release another limited edition lot of 230 flacons which would generate another US$140,000.

That gives them a total sales of less than US$200,000 from Windsor.

What's the point in creating something in such limited numbers and that gives you a measly additional revenue?
    Was it worth all the creativity for the perfumer who must have put in a fair bit of effort to create this?

Personally, I don't think Creed would be desperate for an additional revenue of US$200,000.
    Is it that they just want to generate some hype by issuing limited edition releases from time to time & remain hot on discussion boards? I can't imagine why they bothered with Windsor as it's definitely not a money spinner for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously cannot believe anyone could fork out $600+ for a bottle, unless they're donating some money to sick and dying people in third world countries I cannot justify their pricing. Considering all of Creed's average longevity (is it really that hard to work on better silage and longevity??). I love their scent but it feels like pouring money down the drain to me. other niche fragrances in similar price range that lasts forever and ever are a lot more appealing right now.

making 200k in a short time like they will is not bad, especially for sales.

Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting stuff. I completely get the comparisons to lightly rose scented bubble gum (or rather the smell of the gum when you open up a pack of baseball cards) , band aids, and coca cola. Strangely appealing for some reason. I'd like to see how it works in cool weather, which means late December in these parts.
    Last edited by adonis; 3rd October 2010 at 08:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Pure Windsor is back already?! I KNEW IT! Damn you Thierry Creed!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    That gives them a total sales of less than US$200,000 from Windsor.

That's assuming they only release another 230 flacons, the new batch isnt numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    It's interesting stuff. I completely get the comparisons to lightly rose scented bubble gum (or rather the smell of the gum when you open up a pack of baseball cards) , band aids, and coca cola. Strangely appealing for some reason. I'd like to see how it works in cool weather, which means late December in these parts.
    I thought I was the only one who felt that it smelled like rose with soda pop. I knew I was on to something lol.