Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Has anyone tried Lady Million?

There are no reviews in the directory yet, & l can't find any threads on this. l love the scent of 1 Million on a guy, & l like the sound of the notes in this. Are there any similarities between the two? What do you folks think?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Default Re: Has anyone tried Lady Million?

Yes, I tried it. Twice. Its a very pleasant fresh modern nondescript concoction that explores the flowers in berries concept. Flowers and berries started with Poison, an avalanche of scents at the time exploited, ops, explored the idea, seemed to slow down and then Angel came - the Berry revolution. Thousands of "Angel with a twist" frags are lined up on the shelves at this very moment. A recent add to the berries - gardenia note under the tuberose+orchid accord that seems to propell a fragrance to stardom status is defffinitely present in Lady Million. Other frags that sport the accord are: Poison, Gardenia Passion, Rumba, Black orchid, Hot couture and Womanity. Lady million shares another peculiarity with Womanity - a salty note. Not so pronounced, but there. Unlike Womanity that's at least original, this one is quite transparant, pleasant, but nothing special. A beautifull bottle and I'm sure this fragrance will win big bucks for Puig. I won't be getting it. It's been heavily promoted, on a special stand in every Sephora, it's selling well, but, it's not dramatic enough for me.

I believe it will be here in the USA in early to mid-October.

Thanks for your review, Nevena. Appreciated!

You can buy this on the Sephora site already.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P269118
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

It is available at my local Sephora. I am sorry to say it did not make a big impression.
    Evenstar

I have tried it recently. I had high hopes given the excellent noses behind it but I was sorely dissapointed. It starts off with a very similar heady mess to that found at the beginning of Euphoria and TF Black Orchid. After a while it mellows down to... what? I can't even recall how it smelled afterwards. Which means that I found it utterly forgettable...

It's pleasant enough for what it is... I had a weird encounter yesterday that involved Lady Million.

I entered a perfumery, took a look at the men's section and continued with the women's. A bored SA stated that I was browsing the ladies section and pointed me towards the men's section. When I said "I know", he brightened up, snatched the Lady Million tester and hosed himself down while telling me how much he liked it. Right. I just mumbled something like "that's nice", because I felt that I had to acknowledge him, and moved on.

It's a bit out of character for a SA to (kind of) ignore a customer like that, and focus on themselves, that it actually made me uneasy. He didn't seem interested in interacting or selling something to me, he was content with simply sharing his love for Lady Million...

I tried it a while back and even had a sample. Its not horrid nor is it wild and wonderful. It will sell well, no doubt with christmas coming it will turn up in gift lists. Not mine, but hey.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    It's pleasant enough for what it is... I had a weird encounter yesterday that involved Lady Million.

I entered a perfumery, took a look at the men's section and continued with the women's. A bored SA stated that I was browsing the ladies section and pointed me towards the men's section. When I said "I know", he brightened up, snatched the Lady Million tester and hosed himself down while telling me how much he liked it. Right. I just mumbled something like "that's nice", because I felt that I had to acknowledge him, and moved on.

It's a bit out of character for a SA to (kind of) ignore a customer like that, and focus on themselves, that it actually made me uneasy. He didn't seem interested in interacting or selling something to me, he was content with simply sharing his love for Lady Million...
    I always get strange looks when I browse the men's section and stranger looks when I start sampling.

Yes, Lady Million is very average.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    I have tried it recently. I had high hopes given the excellent noses behind it but I was sorely dissapointed.
    Yes, when l saw that Dominique Ropion was involved l got quite excited, ( like many others l am a huge fan of Carnal Flower ) but if this is as mediocre as everyone is suggesting then that is disappointing, & quite puzzling. l am attracted by the gardenia note though, ( thanks Nevena for the review! ) so l will be compelled to try it when l'm next in town, & l'll report back. l know a lot of basenoters don't rate 1 Million very highly, but there are a few of us who love it, so who knows, l might love this too!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

Are you sure it wasn't a come-on?? Sounds like he was desperate to prove you were kindred spirits!

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Are you sure it wasn't a come-on?? Sounds like he was desperate to prove you were kindred spirits!
    Hm... Maybe.

Blog Entries

Hm... Maybe.
    LOL!

Does anyone out there actually like this frag? ( apart from the above mentioned SA! ) Come on, don't be shy! lf not, fair enough...

I like it. I said it was nice. Just it did not blow my mind enough for me to reach for my wallet . If I was given one, I'll wear it. It's more wearable than Womanity. For me it's not worth tha cash..... yet. I like and wear dramatic powerhowses. I'm into heavy orientals, gourmands and animalic chypres. This explains my coldness towards this particular perfume.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nevena View Post
    I like it. I said it was nice. Just it did not blow my mind enough for me to reach for my wallet . If I was given one, I'll wear it. It's more wearable than Womanity. For me it's not worth tha cash..... yet. I like and wear dramatic powerhowses. I'm into heavy orientals, gourmands and animalic chypres. This explains my coldness towards this particular perfume.
    Oops, yes thanks for clarifying Nevena, l should have understood, & l really appreciated your review!

OK, I see You are interested in how it compares to Carnal Flower. It's much lighter and smoother. CF has character - bitter green opening, sweetening phase and so on. I like it, but I find heavy tuberose like Fracas, Blonde, Carolina Herrera impossible to wear. I could not even stand CH on my best friend 15 years ago. On the other hand, I love and wear Poison, J del P In Black, Black orchid, Gardenia Passion. What sets apart the second lot from the first is the presence of berries. I just can't stomach pure tuberose. 1 million is of the second lot, but lighter. It's not in Carnal Flower's league. I'd love to read Your thoughts on it as gardenia lover.

I tried it twice to be sure but to me it was a strong almost listerine citrus scent which it sort of agrevating to me so I had to wash it off. Once I did it seem fairly nice but I could not wait for the dry down on this one. I think the bottle is hard to use and frankly I think it is ugly. nothing special JMO

Oh and i feel the same way as Bonsai, it did remind me of Euphoria, and i don't like that one either.
    Last edited by Rizack; 1st October 2010 at 09:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Hmmm, interesting! Yes l don't expect it to be anything like Carnal Flower, but l hoped it might be of similarly good quality. l myself am a total gardenia freak, & l also love the tuberose heavy-hitters like Fracas & Carolina Herrera. Not so much into berry notes, & Poison gives me a headache. Maybe Lady Million might be a light enough version for me to enjoy, though? l'll let you know! Thanks for your comments Nevena!

sweet, honey and sexy, like it.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

I have not tried it yet, but I certainly will when I get the chance. I'm not sold by the image...

(I'm sure I'm not their target anyway. What really matters is the jus, right? )

Blog Entries

Absolutely! l'm definitely not their target!

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    I have not tried it yet, but I certainly will when I get the chance. I'm not sold by the image...

(I'm sure I'm not their target anyway. What really matters is the jus, right? )
    That girl's frock is falling down, isn't it? Or is that the point? 'Wear this and your frock will fall off'. That's going to be a big seller with husbands and boyfriends this Xmas then!
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Ah, that explains it!

Blog Entries

Well l tried this today, & found it disappointing. On me there was a burst of synthetic-smelling vanilla & some berries, drying down to a honey note, but the gardenia never made an appearance, & it was pretty much gone after an hour. l don't think it was a body temperature problem, as it's been an unusually warm day here. l didn't hate it, but l will definitely be saving my cash for something more deserving. 1 Million is much better than this!

Basenotes Institution

I tried this twice and really can't find anything bad about it or that great about it either. It's a pretty average scent.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

If my husband gives me this for Christmas, I'm going to give him Donald Trump.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I tried this twice and really can't find anything bad about it or that great about it either. It's a pretty average scent.
    I agree. I'll use up my sample, but doubt I'll buy a full bottle.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Well l tried this today, & found it disappointing. On me there was a burst of synthetic-smelling vanilla & some berries, drying down to a honey note, but the gardenia never made an appearance, & it was pretty much gone after an hour. l don't think it was a body temperature problem, as it's been an unusually warm day here. l didn't hate it, but l will definitely be saving my cash for something more deserving. 1 Million is much better than this!
    I found it very long lasting, sprayed on in the evening and could still smell it the next morning.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I agree. But I think it is better than the men's version which is just horrid.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I bought this in Paris when it first came out. My daughters and I used to joke about how we wanted a perfume that smelled like Sephora on Champs Elysee when you first walk in!
    So Lady Million was it. I've been wearing it for around 2 years, and WARNING, after around this time it goes RANCID!
    I thought it was just me, but one day my daughter was just talking about what she's wearing lately, and she said something like how she doesn't know what happened but she can't STAND Lady Million anymore. I told her that the same thing happened to me: I put it on, and my first reaction was 'Whoa!', something had turned!

Well, I was pretty disgusted with it but then, I really didn't expect to like it based on the notes. More than that though, I found it to be very poorly done. Reminded me of cough syrup on this skin. Hadn't seen that advertising- no, that isn't luring me in, either.
    The nose wants what it wants!

I actually really liked it. Then, like I said, ALL OF a SUDDEN, it was just vile! There must be one ingredient that has a time expiration.
    There is no other explanation, because my daughter and I BOTH had the same visceral reaction, and we weren't even living in the same country!

I like Lady Million quite a bit actually. And it's my hubs fave so, it's pretty much a must have. I get compliments when I wear it. I guess my husband and I like honey notes cause there's a lot in this one. The 1 million or whatever that men's version is, is pretty bad though!
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.