Code of Conduct

Default Cool Water Fan Wants Somthing Rather Warm

I've been a big fan of Cool Water since my early teenage days. To me, it is a great relaxing cool one for summer and hot seasons. But now that the cold season is coming, I've decided to stop my 12-year long Cool Water streak as it is, well, too cold. I'm really looking for something warm and sexy and at the same time young this time round and I was wondering if you can tell me some colognes you think I should try out.

I'm sure many of Basenoters here are elitist , but I am looking for a cologne affordable by a student and I don't want something too gentleman and old school like the goold old spicy Givenchy Gentleman.

PS: Before you start, no I can't afford Creed's Green Irish Tweed and prefer Cool Water's 'synthetic' smell more (blasphemy?!)

Thank you!

PS: While we are at it, are there any colognes that would smell like cigar smoke or similar? Would be happy to know

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cool Water Fan Wants Somthing Rather Warm

John Varvatos could work for you, its warm, spicey, leathery, and ive been told it has a cherry/clove tobacco smell

Burberry London is a good one for Fall that is warm with some tobacco. For a heavier fragrance than London, Michael by Michael Kors
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

how about hot water by davidoff trust me if you like le male , 1 million , angel men then you will like hot water

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Jacomo de Jacomo Deep Blue. Cool Water greatly improved.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Well, yeah, Hot Water does seem like the obvious recommendation.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Gucci PM II
    Still happy and youthful yet warm. I find it very comfortable to wear and also elegant and sensual. A very modern creation without smelling generic nor synthetic (quite natural amberish tea note)
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

burberry london

Actually, I don't like Hot Water much. Since you love Cool Water, it's worth a sniff, but I think there are better options.

One warm and winter friendly scent that I absolutely love, and incidentally it is one of my g/f's favorites on me (out of about 40 bottles I own) and that is Givenchy Play Intense.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I'll suggest the new Bulgari Man for a warm, competent and sexy frag. Good for the office or on a date, inoffensive yet still has presence.

Quote Originally Posted by danyjr View Post
    PS: While we are at it, are there any colognes that would smell like cigar smoke or similar? Would be happy to know
    For this I will suggest Jacomo de Jacomo (1980), which is about as smoky as it gets. Fantastic stuff and can be found pretty cheaply.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    burberry london
    Yes! One of the best cool/cold weather fragrances out there.
    Last edited by adonis; 1st October 2010 at 09:40 AM.

Sorry which one is the Burburry London you're talking about?

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Santa Maria Novella's Acqua di Cuba
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Sorry which one is the Burburry London you're talking about?

The bottom one is the one I'm talking about and mentioned above.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I'm sure many of Basenoters here are elitist , but I am looking for a cologne affordable by a student and I don't want something too gentleman and old school like the goold old spicy Givenchy Gentleman.

PS: Before you start, no I can't afford Creed's Green Irish Tweed and prefer Cool Water's 'synthetic' smell more (blasphemy?!)
    Caron's Yatagan and l'Anarchiste retail online for roughly £30, plus shipping.

One of the few tobacco & leather scents I wear is Quorum, which is more tobacco leaf than smoke. At least it's not as expensive as most of the usual tobacco recommendations.

If you like cool water, then I would think you would like Platinum Egoiste(chanel). It is a little more pricey, so I know you might think that it is expensive, but you only need 3 sprays and it will project and last all day(12 hours on my dry skin). It does cost like $55 for 1.7fl.oz. or $72 for 3.4fl. oz, but you're getting a well crafted quality frag. that lasts all day. I love Burberry's London, but it only lasts 4-5 hours on my skin. Platinum has that Green burst that would like from Coolwater, but follows it with some other spicey and sweet notes. You may want to go to a place like Sephora(if there's one around you) and ask for a sample and see how it does on your skin

Try L'Occitane's Eaux des Baux. This is a warm vanilla incense with cypress.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

try a*men (mugler) or black (bvlgari).
    both very modern smelling, very good and distinctive and sexy and interesting, but not expensive and easy to get. as an added bonus, they both come in great bottles.

btw. depending on the store, you might find black over in the women's section. it is marketed as unisex.

Banned
    Blog Entries

My suggestions would be you try Chanel Allure Homme (the original - not the flankers like "edition blanche" or "sport") Really nice, classy, contemporary allspice scent.

Other good ones are Fahrenheit by Dior, which is a really warm, sexy violet/honeysuckle thing with this incredible petrol-smelling note that pervades the entire scent, . . . Yatagan by Caron is brilliant, it's the definition of autumn in a bottle, . . . Quorum has been mentioned above and I second that one, for very little money it's a nice Spanish spicy fragrance that thrives on cold days, . . . if you can find it online or in those off-the-beaten-path corner stores, Azzaro Acteur is my pride and joy for the autumn and winter months - it can still be found in Paris from what I understand - a spicy, apple-laden rose, with incense and pipe tobacco accords.

Azzaro pour Homme is really a good one if you like anise, you might try that one, too.

I second Gucci PH II.

I'd say try pure malt, A men, Rochas Man, au masculine, Body kouros,

for some more tobacco frags go michael - michael kors, and the dreamer-versace

Amrani code is good for winter month.

Terre d' Hermes

bulgari black
    versace dreamer
    loccitane eau des baux
    caron l'anarchiste

Zino Davidoff, Davidfoff Relax- this one exuding the rather icy notes of Cool Water, but warmed by an extra touch of smoky-leather depth, Dior Homme, Solo Loewe Cologne Intense, Versace The Dreamer (this ones might come of as rather cooling at first as well, but some spicy-floral notes add significant warmth to this), Azzaro Visit, Givenchy pour Homme, Cerutti 1881 Summer, 1881 Amber, 1881 Black, as well as Cerutti Image

Cotton Club

DeepSilence

Polo Blue
    Creed SMW
    Clinique Happy
    Armani Code