Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Your Current Sleeper Fragrance

What is a fragrance you have that you have had for awhile that you havent noticed but recently re-discovered and loved? For me it is Wings for Men. I hate aquatics and i bought this based on the fact it had tonka...i was anything but impressed and didnt use it for months. Recently i have been wearing it alot and really like it

Default Re: Your Current Sleeper Fragrance

I would say original vetiver, i hated it and i gave it another chance and i love it now.

Post Thanks / Like

Gucci Pour Homme II.

Post Thanks / Like

antaeus, pour monsieur, and polo (green). forgot i liked polo, didnt know i liked antaeus but had smelled it a hundred times.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Grey Flannel.... bought it blind since it was inexpensive.....thought it was ok. It's a miserable day today here, so thought it might be a good fit. Really enjoying it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Gucci Pour Homme II.
    Mine as well. I can't believe how big a 180 I did on this one. Couldn't imagine buying it, and then it ends up becoming my most used and most versatile fragrance by a LARGE margin. This is one of those fragrances for when you just wanna smell good, but don't wanna smell boring either.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Mouchoir de Monsieur comes back time and time again.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

MPG's Parfum d'Habit. Got a sample ages ago, forgot about it, recently unearthed it and loved it so much that buying a FB became a priority. Luckily there was one for sale right here on BN, which arrived today. Perfect for cooler weather; a really pleasant bedtime scent as well.

Azzaro Now Men. My g/f blind bought it for me because Lucas Sieuzac was one of its perfumers (along with Christophe Reynaud). Sieuzac is one of my favorites and I'm always curious to try anything he has a hand in.

At first I thought it was ok.. kind of fresh and green and blah. But I tried it again a few weeks ago and fell in love with it. It shares a lot in common with Divine's L'Homme Sage but is not so thick and syrupy. The cardamom note in Now Men is amazing, and the way it is lifted and flanked by the green notes, violet, lychee and the velvety rose note is unexpected but very enjoyable. It's not as spicy, in fact it is far smoother than a scent I am really desiring at the moment, Amouage's Opus II, but it has a lot of the same vibe. Even though it's relatively light and fresh, it's general character and vibe mesh well with the upcoming cold weather. Like Opus II, it seems to capture certain elements of the winter season, thus its suitability for wear during the colder months.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

wow. i was just about to make a thread about this because i gave Play Intense another try, and i simply cannot think of what i thought was wrong with this fragrance before! i absolutely love it!

edit: ok..overreaction. i dont LOVE it. but i dont have it like i thought i did. I like the top notes, but the ret reminds me too much of Axe Dark Temptations. But the ladies love it and its a sweet pleasant smell.
    Last edited by JonnyLeMale; 1st October 2010 at 08:51 AM.

Creed Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse. It's in this bag of samples I have in my suitcase while I'm traveling this week, and damn it is good. I always kind of discounted it because I own and love a couple of other Creed citruses - Neroli Sauvage, which is one of my all-time favorites, and Citrus Bigarrade - but I'm thinking there's room in my wardrobe for ZMP too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

l'Eau d'Issey pour homme

I thought this was too cloying. Then, I discovered that a walk-through, rather than a wet spot, is the best way to apply it. This lightens it up but it still lasts a long time.

Last edited by 1234567890; 4th October 2010 at 01:23 AM.
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Dependent

Post Thanks / Like

Hermes Hiris. I keep forgetting how much I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Profvmvm Roma Olibanum.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Azzaro Acteur.
    Amazed by the rose in this.

Sieste

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    I would say original vetiver, i hated it and i gave it another chance and i love it now.
    You may want to update your review on this one. I recently found OV and loved it so went and read the reviews of it and you ripped this one pretty bad. Change of heart = change of review! Hehehe
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

All of a sudden, I became quickly obsessed with No. 19 by Chanel. I had vintage parfum, current EdT and vintage EdP samples on hand to test and all of a sudden I couldn't get enough of it.

This is from someone who pretty much hated the Chanel house note (aldehydes, sharp green, etc) and I've sort of done a 180 on this one.

+1 on the GPH2 you guys! I think Perry Ellis (2008) is a sleeper as well. I don't own this one, but Lanvin's Arpege PH is a sleeper for sure. Smells just like Chergui to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Versace l'Homme- while I liked it on tester strip, I never knew owning this one can gradually become such an unique source of fragrance-related achievements