Code of Conduct

Default Am I too late to jump in the Pure Malt bandwagon?

I've been visiting this site for months but never left the Starting Out forum. Then I see a video review on Pure Malt, and look at the reviews here and see that I have missed something great.
    Is there a possibility this may be in stock in a fragrance store that I can buy in person.
    Has it been changed in a new release?

Default Re: Am I too late to jump in the Pure Malt bandwagon?

No, you're too late. It's been discontinued and then reformulated.

Wait, it's on Thierry Mugler's website.

You're in luck.

http://us.boutique.thierrymugler.com...1_M020101011_1

Your age is perfect for this fragrance. It's perfect for this time of year. 2-3 sprays. Lots of compliments.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

My bottle that I bought from TM seems to be an 09 bottle, it's got an 09 serial number on the box.

If I order from ThierryMugler, will I get the reformulated one or the 2009 stock
    sorry to hound you with these questions

who says it's reformulated? And no, you are not too late. You can still get it from Nordstorms or the Mugler website. Is not like people in your city are going crazy for it. You know how many people where at Nordstorm when I went to buy PM? I was the only costumer in the beauty area, the rest were sales assistants. IMO pure malt is all hype but I'm still kipping it. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    My bottle that I bought from TM seems to be an 09 bottle, it's got an 09 serial number on the box.
    I've heard so many arguments both ways about the 2009 / 2010 thing - better smelling, aged longer, old juice, bad juice, etc. I've personally never smelled the 2009 stuff and if it is different and is more smoky smelling than the 2010 stuff, I don't think I'd like it. Sometimes my 2010 juice smells a bit smokier on me than at other times and I don't enjoy it as much. Personally I like the super sweetness and booziness that my bottle has.

And, to answer the original question, the Nordstrom in my area has many bottles left. So if you look around you'll find it pretty easily. Also, as a few others have stated, Mugler's web site still has it. Buy some, you will probably like it, but don't expect to fall over in amazement the first time you smell it. It smells good, but it is not the Holy Grail of fragrances. It is extremely (sometimes headache inducingly) sweet and boozy and that's about it. Sweet for about 6 hours but the booze only lasts a little while. It's good stuff though, and some women go nuts over it.

it is never too late matter of fact if you do not join us we have a problem. You are either with us or against us. lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jbthorpe View Post
    And, to answer the original question, the Nordstrom in my area has many bottles left. So if you look around you'll find it pretty easily. Also, as a few others have stated, Mugler's web site still has it. Buy some, you will probably like it, but don't expect to fall over in amazement the first time you smell it. It smells good, but it is not the Holy Grail of fragrances. It is extremely (sometimes headache inducingly) sweet and boozy and that's about it. Sweet for about 6 hours but the booze only lasts a little while. It's good stuff though, and some women go nuts over it.
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/3024137 There ya go!

and I quoted jbthorpe because he has a very good point. It probably won't knock your socks off at first. I honestly was quite disappointed the first time I smelled it because of the rave reviews. I kept sampling it until I finally decided to buy a
    bottle with the (semi)re-issue. Its a grower for sure.

He also is right that some women drool over it. I've had tepid responses and I've had excellent responses

I've found it goes in the same cycle as A*Men: an extremely sweet opening of everything at once, it goes into a smokey, semi-sweet heart, and then its got a sweet drydown. Just dont overspray it, i did once and it smelled abysmal lol

Well guys I am a new proud owner of Angel Men Pure Malt

didn't blow my mind. All I smelled was a nice citrus. I asked my friend and he said he could smell the Whiskey. But I still love it, and I do have a cold at the moment with limited smell

I think I got the last copy in the state New York
    well, there are only two Nordstroms in N.Y. and I got the last one in one store.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    it is never too late matter of fact if you do not join us we have a problem. You are either with us or against us. lol
    im against you guys! die!! jk =]