Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SOTD SYNCHRONIZED FRIDAY The 1st of October - A Scent Launched Between 1901-1910

Happy Day and Month

Aprees L' Ondee by Guerain for me today
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SOTD SYNCHRONIZED FRIDAY The 1st of October - A Scent Launched Between 1901-1910

From my rather limited collection, the subdued

No snob value, & only launched in 2003, but WHO CARES,right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SOTD SYNCHRONIZED FRIDAY The 1st of October - A Scent Launched Between 1901-1910

Good morning!
    I always forget about the synchronised Fridays in the morning. That doesn't really matter, though, since the closest thing I have to today's theme is L'Heure Bleue. I'm enjoying Feminité du Bois today, my old faithful.

Oops.. didn't know about the scent synchro.. don't have anything that old anyhow!

Well, my choice is only 100 years and just about as far off as one can be seeing that it was just released, officially, as of yesterday .

Amouage Memoir Man
    Perfumer: Karine Vinchon Spehner
    Top Notes: absinth, wormwood, basil, mint
    Heart Notes: rose, frankincense, lavender absolute
    Base Notes: sandalwood, vetiver, guaiac wood, amber, vanilla, musk, oakmoss, leather, tobacco.

It is a dark and brooding perfume. Very introspective. I went looking for a picture that it evoked for the imagery thread and found the following, which I think is wholly appropriate:

Painting is "Runaway" by Oliver Hunter
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 1st October 2010 at 05:32 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

As per todays SSD, Im wearing vintage Guerlain Rue de la Paix EDT.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Just like Pimpinett the closest scent I have for the Synchronisation day is L'Heure Bleue but that is 2 years out so I'm in Womanity by Thierry Mugler.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday Mario !.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 1st October 2010 at 11:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, nothing old enough to synchronize, so it's Estee Lauder Private Collection for me today.

I am joining the synchronised Friday with Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet. It won this morning over Apres l'Ondee (which smells too strongly of vetiver on me).

Thank you for the synchronised Fridays, I have again re-discovered a gem in my sample collection. BB is such a beautiful, warm, easy-to-wear incense.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up SOTD Friday 01 October 2010

Lorenzo Villoresi ‘ s

VETIVER

Have all a Fantastic Friday
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

For the first time ever, I cannot be in synch,
    the oldest parfume I have is Mitsouko (1919),
    so, that's what I'm in this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Have no other option than to join sophi with apres l'ondee -
    I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SOTD Friday 01 October 2010

Good morning all Sotd is Angel.

Post Thanks / Like

Juicy Couture

AM: Ambra Tibet by Ava Luxe (was lazing at home)

Post Thanks / Like

Two SotD threads again?

Undecided yet. Would like to synchronize.

Duc, please check the second page of our SotD yesterday, I got something for you. R-r-r-r-r!

Post Thanks / Like

Can't do the sync today either...but that's okay, I'm going to wear the sweet & sexy Herve Leger by Herve Leger!

Post Thanks / Like

Mouchoir de Monsieur

Post Thanks / Like

MdM is a good choice, 1904, Guerlain.

OK, I have made up my mind -- ca 1900s, Yardley White Roses, fairly modern reformulation -- but I am not sure that the original would survive, not Yardley I do not think.

Weekend starts on Friday -- have a great one!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy birthday, Mario J!

I can't play either. Chanel's jaw-droppingly beautiful No 22 is my SOTD.

Have a lovely Friday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning and TGIF! My SOTD is Antica Farmacista - Vaniglia, Bourbon & Mandarino Di Sicilia. I smell like a Creamsicle!

Notes include vanilla, bourbon and Sicilian mandarin.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Joe, you may smell like a creamsicle, but give me your wrist!
    I'm in Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale. Nope, not even released in 1920.

Post Thanks / Like

Well as usual I missed the Synchronised bit. Yes I do know tomorrow is amber!

Jo Malone Vanilla & Anise, not between 1901-1910.
    DONNA

Creed Fantasia de Fleurs for really old scent day.

I read the Sychronised Fri. and the closest thing I have is Jicky. It is also one of my favorite fragrances.
    Have a great Friday, All!

Post Thanks / Like

I have nothing old to wear for the synchronised Friday, so am
    wearing Angel today layered with Rive Gauche - the drydown is
    surprisingly nice!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Duc, please check the second page of our SotD yesterday, I got something for you. R-r-r-r-r!
    Wow, you are sweet ... I'll try my hardest to behave, madame,
    but, there is a looong way untill x-mas!

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot about Scent Synch Friday this a.m., but I think what I had in mind for it will work better for me this afternoon anyway. In the meantime, I am sampling Santa Maria Novella's Melagrano cologne, sent by a Basenoter.

Good Morning All, Sorry I don't have any perfumes in that era, but perhaps I could wear the beautiful 'EMERADE' by Coty. First introduced in 1921. Have a great week-end everbody!!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone!
    Today I'm wearing
    Apres L'Ondee by Guerlain
    for Synchronized Fridays.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m sampling Santa Maria Novella’s Melagrano this morning, sent to me by a sweet Basenoter.

I'm going to scent synch 1901-1910 this afternoon.

Roberto, that’s such a beautiful bottle. It looks like ink.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone!

I'm in synch today, and twins with Madame du Barry, in Coty's L'Origan, the unmistakable fragrance of Airspun face powder and Mrs. Virginia Eudora Moon, the grande dame of our neighborhood when I was a child (by 1975 she had been married five times and widowed four, had sixteen children and about forty grandchildren!) Anyway, she was very generous with hugs and she always smelled sweet and warm and spicy. I assumed it was her powder, but it was so potent and omnipresent it must have been L'Origan.

Btw, the influence of L'Origan on L'Heure Bleue is undeniable, so for any fans of L'HB, you should check this vintage beauty out. Oscar de la Renta, Poison and LouLou are also kin.

Y'all have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by Evangeline; 1st October 2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: sp
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful story Evangeline !Thank you for sharing all the information about Coty's L'Origan...i am going to look for it for sure!
    LOVE IS BEST
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Hello, Synchronised Friday People! I didn't realize there were two SOTD threads running and I meant to post on this one.
    I'm wearing Jicky, which is the closest thing I have to that time period. Very jealous of the Apres l'Onde scenters. I've never smelled that one and have heard such wonderful things.
    Thanks for the info on L'Origan, Evangeline and Madame du Barry. I remember seeing that powder container sometime in my youth and will now be on the lookout.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sophi View Post
    What a wonderful story Evangeline !Thank you for sharing all the information about Coty's L'Origan...i am going to look for it for sure!
    Because of the LouLou, I know!
    I will too ... thanks, Evang!

My SotE - Youth Dew, vintage EdP.

Post Thanks / Like

Ooops - I'm unsynchronized !

Today we are experiencing balmy, tropical weather here in Boston, as we await a massive storm (which may or may not show up!). The clouds are literally racing across the sky, and the air is thick and breezy.

I'm wearing the ever-gorgeous 31, rue Cambon. At this point I've worn 31rC in every season, and every type of weather...hot, cool, cold, rainy, sunny, humid, dry, snowy...and it always wear beautifully.

Happy Friday everyone
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Post Thanks / Like

Well then, here's another interesting tidbit! In addition to L'Origan, Coty once offered face powder with scents and boxes to match Paris, L'Aimant and Emeraude, pictured here. The copy reads "to the famous 'powder puff' box is reserved the honor of presenting world-loved L'Origan, Chypre, Styx and various other delightful odeurs." The other scented powders passed on while L'Origan stayed to scent Airspun in perpetuity...but what fun it would be to get ahold of an old box of Chypre-scented Airspun!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday Mario J !!!!!

Scent of the morning is Mitsouko !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and know nothing about Synchronized Fridays . Any quick explanation what they are about?

Today I'm wearing Vamp à NY, a new release (cannot be more different from date range), but Après l'ondée and Mitsouko are precious members of my fragrance collection.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Mouchoir de Monsieur by Guerlain

As I posted in my review of this, this is one of my Guerlain's that makes me feel gentlemanly, distinguished and subtly refined.

Bendelirious - Etat Libre d'Orange
    Wishlist is pointless.

Basenotes Institution
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuria G View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to the forum and know nothing about Synchronized Fridays . Any quick explanation what they are about?..
    Read here Nuria G: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/255...onized-Fridays

Welcome to Basenotes!

Post Thanks / Like

L'Air du Rien, because today is a day when I need to feel utterly fantastic. (I have a phone interview for a job I want very much.)

But tomorrow I shall be in Amber to join the SnS fun. The only question is: which one! How lovely to have so many delights to choose from.

Hope your days are all good. x
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Because of the LouLou, I know!
    You know me that well,Duc

I 've just ordered a bottle of L'Origan ,on line !!! I am fast

Welcome Nuria G to BN
    LOVE IS BEST
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

SotE - Amouage Dia.

Welcome Nuria G !.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all! I've taken due note of the SOTD Synchronizd Friday - sounds like some fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! As I don't own a scent that qualifies for the Synchro today, I am in the next best thing: Caron N'Aimez que Moi, which was released, I think, in 1916. Take care, all.

Not in sync.... sorry!

Dzing!
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Monet, Claude - Nymphéas 1906

Guerlain, Après L'ondée for me and a Monet from the same year for you all!
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Après L'Ondée
    for me, too!
    Last edited by kumquat; 1st October 2010 at 04:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Smile Re: SOTD Friday 01 October 2010

Good morning all. My scent for today is ETRO's Shaal Nur.

Post Thanks / Like

I am wearing Rue de la Paix from a sample
    Evenstar

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Lovely day, all,
    I will be giving blood soon this morning, so a light spritz of Apres L'Ondee will have to do me (don't want to distract someone sticking a needle in your arm, eh)
    Tonight I will wear L'Origan which is more potent.
    Last edited by knit at nite; 1st October 2010 at 04:43 PM. Reason: spelling
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There was a bottle of Habanita EdT waiting for me when I got home, so Habanita is my scent of the evening. Frankly, I've doused myself - I am in love!

Post Thanks / Like

I spritzed and sniffed Après L'ondée from a blotter today at the Guerlain counter, so at least I made a small gesture towards synchronization... It's a beautiful fragrance, and I give it a sniff every now and then, but it seems like it's not meant to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday,
    Mario Justiniani!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Penhaligon's Violetta.

For once I noticed the synchronized Friday suggestion. I got out my sample of Shem-el-Nessim, by Grossmith. This fragrance was created in 1906 and was recently reissued. Though heliotrope fragrances are not among my favorites, I can tell that this is special. Here are pictures of the original and the modern bottles:

The notes reportly feature bergamot, neroli, geranium, jasmine, rose, ylang ylang, orris, musk, patchouli, cedar, sandalwood, heliotrope and vanilla. Here is text from Grossmith's website:

Shem-el-Nessim – The Scent of Araby
    Named after an Arabian Springtime festival celebrated in Egypt on the Nile. The current trend for orris comes full circle with the rebirth of Shem-el-Nessim. This fragrance reprises the original orris formula, using Florentine iris, known for its rarity and expense, costing three times more than gold bullion. Originally created in 1906, this rich, luxurious creation typifies the L’Origan style with its warm, soft, powdery, floral aspect. A scent which personifies the Edwardian era in which femininity was fêted.

This day simply cannot go by without a Super Mario birthday cake. Happy Birthday to Mario Justiniani!!! :-)

I am wearing Grossmith Shem-el-Nessim, from a sample. Here's more detail from my SotD post:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/261...=1#post1947346