Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Fragrance Free Days ?

Only time that I will not is if I am going to be doing something very physical or if I am doing something outdoorsy.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    Sometimes if I'm feeling sick I'll skip fragrance. Otherwise the only reason I leave the house unscented is if I'm going fragrance shopping!
    This, along with headaches, or Fridays when it's sparring night at Karate.

Sweat and intense body heat from sparring + my usual 3 sprays of Rochas Man = olfactory death of my classmates and weird looks for sensei :P

Anytime there there's no work or evening social function.

If I don't go out in public all day, am alone, and don't use any of the several fragranced shower gels I own. Even to walk 20 feet out of the property boundary, I'll probably be wearing something.

I do like to take a break every now and again. I'll definitely go without fragrance if sufficiently sick or if suffering a headache. Occasionally I don't have enough of a window to apply the frag I want before an event (say I'm running late and suddenly it's 5 minutes before class and I haven't applied anything yet) so I may go without, instead of overpowering the room with that first 30 minutes of very high sillage w/ most frags.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Noooo... Not since I joined BaseNotes.
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

Blog Entries

Yes, every now and then. I often don't apply anything when I'm having a lazy day at home, and I usually don't apply anything if I'm gardening, going out in the woods or similar activities. I like to give my nose a rest and enjoy other smells every now and then.

Only 3 things will keep me from wearing perfume. 1. Being sick 2. Headaches 3. Going perfume shopping. Except for those 3 situations I wear it every day.

I am having more and more fragrance free days because the culture around me seems to be changing. I wonder if this is only an American phenomenon. I suspect so. But maybe Canada too. Anyway, we cannot wear fragrance at my office now. There is a sign up at my doctor's office to not wear any fragrance. And a church I sometimes attend has a sign of no fragrance. Supposedly, everyone is suddenly allergic or something. I wonder how they survived the past 2000 years of frags! Is anyone else noticing this trend?

I've never heard of one. Every day I have to pay for them. Somebody please do a PSA when the day comes that I can just take them for free!
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Nevah!

reine

When I'm having a cold and cant smell and enjoy a fragrances because of the nasal obstruction.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Somewhere between 1 and 2 percent of the time I don't (between 3 and 7 days a year). It is either for illness or not in the mood or wanting to clear my head.
    Currently wearing: Augusto by Mazzolari

It has only happaned once since I started wearing fragrance in May 2007. I went on a weekend trip with some friends and brought a purse atomizer with Printemps Japonais in it and didn't realize that it was nearly empty.

Quote Originally Posted by InconcievableZen View Post
    Yes. I do often. I smell nature and the environment much more better and think it's a nice way to develop the nose.
    I totally agree with this. Once you get hooked on olfactory experiences and grow a curiosity, you start noticing smells all places. Besides, one always smells of something, be it the shower gel or soap, the clothes, your lotion, the hair wax. Sometimes this could be just the right thing, the good enough amount of presence.

I do believe that too much of a good thing is never too good. I take breaks every second days or so, everything smells so much better that way.