Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance Free Days ?

Do you ever have a day off from wearing fragrances ? If so, why?
    Or, are you rather the 'feel-naked-without-a-scent-' type:

For me, applying perfume is just another part of my morning routine - shower, eat, brush teeth etc.
    I wonder though if I've lost touch with my own, natural body scent. The problem is, I don't really want to dodge the deodorant and soap to find out...

Default Re: Fragrance Free Days ?

I never have since I started wearing fragrances in the 1960's and never will go a day without wearing one!

It happens. But only by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Siifter View Post
    It happens. But only by accident.
    Fair enough, but accidents and illnesses aside...

I do have fragrance free days. Sometimes, because I feel like it (eg. when the obsession temporarily got a bit much), somtimes because I have a cold and can't smell anything anyway and sometimes because I'm in danger of being late to wherever I have to go that day.

Some of the links after that video are awesome

I do feel naked without a fragrance. But, if I do forget, I have a little mini wardrobe of decants going on in the car.. ya know.. just in case. 90% of the time, if I'm going somewhere, I'm going in my car, so if I do forget my fragrance at home, I'm usually covered.

Most of the time, I am the "feel-naked-with-only-one-scent-per-day" type!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Some of the links after that video are awesome
    I couldn't possibly comment
    Having a stash of decants in the car though, now that's preparedness!

When I had a smaller wardrobe, sometimes I didn't wear a fragrance if I couldn't choose an apprpriate one. Now I don't wear any when I'd like to sample scents or when I don't feel well, either I can't smell anything or my nose gets too sensitive that fragrances give me a headache.

Yes. I do often. I smell nature and the environment much more better and think it's a nice way to develop the nose.

Every other Friday is fragrance free to reset my nose.

Basenotes Institution

I'm fragrance free only if I feel a migraine about to strike .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Often. Perhaps 3 days a month or so.

I cannot wear any fragrance during a fierce hangover, which was yesterday.
    “I wanna say something. I’m gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don’t, send it right back…."

Well, I have Extrait days, EDP days and EDT days. And when I feel I need a break I have EDC days or even fragrance free days. I am developing an interest in very light scents with 2 hrs longevity (R&G extra vieille, Institut Très Bien Cologne à l'Italienne, Eau d'Orange Verte...). It really does provide the break my nose needs after a Rive Gauche, Tonka Impériale or Ambre Russe day...

Occasionally I don't feel like a fragrance, but even then I usually apply some aftershave to enjoy for a bit.

Sur la Plage

Maybe if I am sick at home - but that is really the only situation when I may be fragrance free.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

My fragrance free days are the days and nights I go to my training. Which is 3 nights a week, and Saturday morning.

I'm fragrance addicted and wear several frags each day, and I never miss a day.
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

If I'm at home I'll usually sample fragrances, but sometimes I won't put anything on. I DEFINITELY put one on when I'm leaving the house though.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Blog Entries

l NEVER miss a day, no matter how ill or hungover!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

It does happens once in a while, but only during very extremely demanding, tiresome days

the only time when I do not wear any fragrance is when I go hunting
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Only when I have a head cold. Otherwise, it's frangrance for me everyday!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Occassionally....for instance a day I was going to be intensely physically active, I might not.

Basenotes Plus

I've never contemplated it. Even when I'm sick I still go with something.

Sometimes I take a day or two off to rest my nose or just because I do not feel like it. Usually i wear a fragrance though.

Sometimes if I'm feeling sick I'll skip fragrance. Otherwise the only reason I leave the house unscented is if I'm going fragrance shopping!
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

DeepSilence

I have not had a free day yet!
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 1st October 2010 at 07:24 PM. Reason: I wrote on wrong thread

I don't wear scents when I'm sick or when I get a migraine.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Only time that I will not is if I am going to be doing something very physical or if I am doing something outdoorsy.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSC View Post
    Sometimes if I'm feeling sick I'll skip fragrance. Otherwise the only reason I leave the house unscented is if I'm going fragrance shopping!
    This, along with headaches, or Fridays when it's sparring night at Karate.

Sweat and intense body heat from sparring + my usual 3 sprays of Rochas Man = olfactory death of my classmates and weird looks for sensei :P

Anytime there there's no work or evening social function.

If I don't go out in public all day, am alone, and don't use any of the several fragranced shower gels I own. Even to walk 20 feet out of the property boundary, I'll probably be wearing something.

I do like to take a break every now and again. I'll definitely go without fragrance if sufficiently sick or if suffering a headache. Occasionally I don't have enough of a window to apply the frag I want before an event (say I'm running late and suddenly it's 5 minutes before class and I haven't applied anything yet) so I may go without, instead of overpowering the room with that first 30 minutes of very high sillage w/ most frags.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Noooo... Not since I joined BaseNotes.
    Anakin: What was that all about?
    Obi-Wan: Well, R2 has been...
    Anakin: No loose wire jokes.
    Obi-Wan: Did I say anything?
    Anakin: He's trying.
    Obi-Wan: I didn't say anything!

-ROTS

Yes, every now and then. I often don't apply anything when I'm having a lazy day at home, and I usually don't apply anything if I'm gardening, going out in the woods or similar activities. I like to give my nose a rest and enjoy other smells every now and then.

Basenotes Plus

Only 3 things will keep me from wearing perfume. 1. Being sick 2. Headaches 3. Going perfume shopping. Except for those 3 situations I wear it every day.

I am having more and more fragrance free days because the culture around me seems to be changing. I wonder if this is only an American phenomenon. I suspect so. But maybe Canada too. Anyway, we cannot wear fragrance at my office now. There is a sign up at my doctor's office to not wear any fragrance. And a church I sometimes attend has a sign of no fragrance. Supposedly, everyone is suddenly allergic or something. I wonder how they survived the past 2000 years of frags! Is anyone else noticing this trend?

I've never heard of one. Every day I have to pay for them. Somebody please do a PSA when the day comes that I can just take them for free!
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Nevah!

reine

When I'm having a cold and cant smell and enjoy a fragrances because of the nasal obstruction.

Somewhere between 1 and 2 percent of the time I don't (between 3 and 7 days a year). It is either for illness or not in the mood or wanting to clear my head.

It has only happaned once since I started wearing fragrance in May 2007. I went on a weekend trip with some friends and brought a purse atomizer with Printemps Japonais in it and didn't realize that it was nearly empty.

Quote Originally Posted by InconcievableZen View Post
    Yes. I do often. I smell nature and the environment much more better and think it's a nice way to develop the nose.
    I totally agree with this. Once you get hooked on olfactory experiences and grow a curiosity, you start noticing smells all places. Besides, one always smells of something, be it the shower gel or soap, the clothes, your lotion, the hair wax. Sometimes this could be just the right thing, the good enough amount of presence.

I do believe that too much of a good thing is never too good. I take breaks every second days or so, everything smells so much better that way.