Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 201
  1. #31
    Basenotes Plus
    tdem1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    6,038

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Yesterday I brought my Angel bottle to Bloomingdale's to be refilled. Does that count?
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

  2. #32
    heart of ice
    shadesofbleu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jayhawk country!
    Posts
    10,606

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    Yesterday I brought my Angel bottle to Bloomingdale's to be refilled. Does that count?
    That absolutely counts!
    Did you sniff out anything new while you were there?

  3. #33

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    More Badgley Mischka. (I never thought that I would be saying that.) And more Mitsouko EDP and Shalimar EDP. (That's a given...as soon as I open a bottle, I am compelled to replace it!)

  4. #34

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    ExtremeKF: I still love Coty's Wild Musk, but only the oil. The cologne hasen't ever lasted for me and I have been wearing it on and off for 25 years. I remember you could get the talc too, but I don't see that anymore. Even the oil is extremely difficult to find outside of the internet. I managed to locate 1 bottle in a local drugstore and grabbed it. Haven't seen it in 20 years, so maybe it's that well aged! I have been wanting to try Sandalwood Musk by Henri Bendel since I am a HUGE sandalwood fan as well.

  5. #35

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Just snagged a mini of Shalimar Parfum de Toilette on ebay. I'm looking forward to doing a side by side test with my Ode a la Vanille.

  6. #36

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    It's been another day of researching/reading reviews and succumbing to sample shopping. I bought the following samples from TPC (if they don't know my ship-to information by heart now, it's not for my lack of ordering):

    Serge Lutens Boxeuses (happy, happy, joy, joy, I am SO EXCITED for this one!), Donna Karan Black Cashmere (reissue), Donna Karan Signature EDP (reissue), Donna Karan Essence Wenge, Donna Karan Essence Labdanum, Tom Ford Private Blend Tobacco Vanille, and Givenchy Organza Indecence (reissue).

    I already have a Top 5/Knock Your Socks Off group of fragrances, and another group of 10-15 or so that I REALLY like a lot and can't imagine being without (and are thus FBW even if they fall short of KYSO status), so I'm not sure what possesses me to keep sampling, especially since I have enough samples already to keep me smelling fabulous for at least a year or two. Maybe I'm trying to make up for all that time I lost not wearing fragrance. I don't know. I'm a hopeless addict. And I LOVE it.

  7. #37

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeKF View Post
    It's been another day of researching/reading reviews and succumbing to sample shopping. I bought the following samples from TPC (if they don't know my ship-to information by heart now, it's not for my lack of ordering):

    Serge Lutens Boxeuses (happy, happy, joy, joy, I am SO EXCITED for this one!), Donna Karan Black Cashmere (reissue), Donna Karan Signature EDP (reissue), Donna Karan Essence Wenge, Donna Karan Essence Labdanum, Tom Ford Private Blend Tobacco Vanille, and Givenchy Organza Indecence (reissue).

    I already have a Top 5/Knock Your Socks Off group of fragrances, and another group of 10-15 or so that I REALLY like a lot and can't imagine being without (and are
    thus FBW even if they fall short of KYSO status), so I'm not sure what possesses me to keep sampling, especially since I have enough samples already to keep me smelling fabulous for at least a year or two. Maybe I'm trying to make up for all that time I lost not wearing fragrance. I don't know. I'm a hopeless addict. And I LOVE it.
    Extreme, I know exactly what you mean. Who knew 6 months ago I would be this crazy about this? So much to learn... And my "wishlist" at TPC is about a mile long.

    Oh. And I bought a little tester bottle of Estee Lauder Sensuous today.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

  8. #38
    Basenotes Plus
    tdem1961's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    6,038

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    That absolutely counts!
    Yay!!

    Quote Originally Posted by shadesofbleu View Post
    Did you sniff out anything new while you were there?
    I tried Womanity and thought it was pretty nice. Not sure if it's FB worthy, though. I also tried Sisley Soir de Lune (been wanting to for ages now) but it was just too overwhelmingly powerful for me.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

  9. #39

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by coopmom View Post
    Extreme, I know exactly what you mean. Who knew 6 months ago I would be this crazy about this? So much to learn... And my "wishlist" at TPC is about a mile long.
    Aren't wishlists wonderful things? But I'm convinced my wishlist will never be empty. Oh, and my husband thinks I'm absolutely nuts. And I'm not being hyperbolic (or, at least, not much). He seriously thinks there is something wrong with me. So there's that. Sigh.

  10. #40

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeKF View Post
    Oh, and my husband thinks I'm absolutely nuts. And I'm not being hyperbolic (or, at least, not much). He seriously thinks there is something wrong with me. So there's that. Sigh.
    Ditto. Mine rolls his eyes a lot.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

  11. #41
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,437

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    I ordered Memoir Woman !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  12. #42

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    My birthday is later this week, and I have been very good about perfume spending, so I splurged and ordered my coveted Acqua di Parma Profumo AND a small L'Artisan candle. Looking forward to that package! :-)

  13. #43

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    CHRISTOS
    CHRISTOPHER CHRONIS


    I have managed to source an old favourite of mine... the wonderful men's Woody Oriental "Christos" by Greek-Australian designer Christopher Chronis. A scent that was discontinued over a decade ago, it boasts one of the more beautiful glass bottles that I have ever had the pleasure of collecting, in a deep violet hue.


    And in keeping with all that is purple in hue, I also bought Guerlain Purple Fantasy.

    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 4th October 2010 at 08:30 AM.

  14. #44

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    My little Guerlain parapluie bottle of Mitsouko extrait arrived today - I'm so happy it got here safely.
    STUN-NING
    Mimi!!

  15. #45
    Lessa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bison Crossing
    Posts
    1,360

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    My birthday is later this week, and I have been very good about perfume spending, so I splurged and ordered my coveted Acqua di Parma Profumo AND a small L'Artisan candle. Looking forward to that package! :-)
    Profumo is a great choice!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

  16. #46
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,437

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    CHRISTOS


    CHRISTOPHER CHRONIS



    I have managed to source an old favourite of mine... the wonderful men's Woody Oriental "Christos" by Greek-Australian designer Christopher Chronis. A scent that was discontinued over a decade ago, it boasts one of the more beautiful glass bottles that I have ever had the pleasure of collecting, in a deep violet hue.


    And in keeping with all that is purple in hue, I also bought Guerlain Purple Fantasy.



    Dimi- thanks, sweets !
    Look at those bottles. I do love the purple fantasy bottle simply because of Apres L'Ondee ! Great buys, D !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  17. #47

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Lovely seeing so many beautiful bottles posted here!

    I'm posting at last about my purchases during the San Francisco get together -- (DH and I just got back to Houston after our vacation in CA)

    From the Guerlain boutique at Neiman's I got Les Elixirs Charnels - Oriental Brulant -- (this is entirely the fault of ubeuandibeme who first sent me a sample of this.) They were out of Apres l'Ondee but will call me, they say, when they get it in! So I hope to get it too, one of these days!

    From Barney's I got Iris Poudre body butter, which I've wanted for some time. It's expensive, but worth it -- it's heavily fragranced. One could wear it alone.

    And, although it was the first time I'd smelled it -- I bought Luten's Bois de Violette, as it was love at first sniff. I've never diminished a bottle so fast, I've already used about 15% of it in just a week and a half! And well, no, it doesn't have great longevity or projection, but when you're in love you overlook a few tragic flaws...

    After San Francisco DH and I made our way through the Sonoma Valley. Due to an unseasonable heat wave -- temps in the 100s! -- we picked up a Styrofoam cooler and some ice for water and soft drinks in the car, and I put my precious purchases and samples in there too, so they wouldn't suffer from the heat. (my DH only occasionally rolls his eyes at the perfume mania... :-)
    Last edited by C Rose; 4th October 2010 at 06:30 PM.

  18. #48

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    I've got a fever... And the only prescription is...



    I got to have it!

  19. #49

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Just for fun, Aquolina Tweety...12.00 at Marshalls

  20. #50
    Basenotes Plus
    Candy Perfume Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    2,068

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Today I received:



    Une Rose Vermeille by Tauer. Both the scent and the flacon are absolutely beautiful. A big thanks to Sorcery of Scent and Andy Tauer for letting me win this lovely scent!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

    Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

  21. #51
    Lessa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bison Crossing
    Posts
    1,360

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Wow, Congrats Candy Perfume Boy!

    Today I ordered:

    SL Bas de Soie from Aedes

    AND

    SL Boxeuses (1/2 Bell Jar) from TPC
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

  22. #52

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Lessa View Post
    SL Boxeuses (1/2 Bell Jar) from TPC
    Wow, Lessa -- you went from sample straight to 1/2 Bell Jar. I am impressed! And I totally can't wait for my sample to arrive this week!

  23. #53
    Basenotes Institution
    Mimi Gardenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Exactly Where I Should Be
    Posts
    16,437

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Great buys ,people ! You all have taste !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

  24. #54
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,013

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Absolue pour le Soir

    Notes include infusion of benzoin from Siam, cumin, ylang-ylang, Bulgarian and Iranian rose honey, incense absolute, Atlas cedarwood and sandalwood.

    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  25. #55

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Perfume Boy View Post
    Today I received:



    Une Rose Vermeille by Tauer. Both the scent and the flacon are absolutely beautiful. A big thanks to Sorcery of Scent and Andy Tauer for letting me win this lovely scent!
    You're welcome CPB!

    Has anyone else wondered (in terms of volume), how much the addition of these glass stones has an impact on the amount of juice in the bottle?

  26. #56
    volley2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    5,351

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    hey mimi! love that mistouko!

    Well done with memoir woman!

  27. #57
    Sur la Plage

    petruccijc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Clearwater Beach, Florida
    Posts
    17,013

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Six Scents Series Two - Fragrance 3: Solar Donkey Power

    Notes include Bergamot, Sage, Geranium, Patchouli, Moss, Incense and Pine.



    and

    Six Scents Series One - Fragrance 3: The Spirit of Wood

    Notes include Green Grass, Fig Leaves, Cypress, Elemi, Coriander, Cedar wood, Vetiver, Hinoki and White Amber.

    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

  28. #58

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Today, 2 bottles arrived, both 8 oz sizes: one of them just about full while the other, my first 'bee' Guerlain bottle, is about 1/2 full:

    Was afraid that this vintage Eau de Cologne Imperiale had gone bad, but smells normally citrusy from the bottle.

    The two together cost me less than $65.

  29. #59
    Dependent knit at nite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    CA, Central Coast
    Posts
    4,949

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Arrived today from Evil-Bay:

    Blind buy of Gem by Van Cleef and Arpels- vintage EDT- 100 ml about 85% full- Paid $5.60 including shipping. Very nice classic perfumery.

    Replique by parfums Raphael 1 oz- hmmm I believe I already have this, so don't remember why I thought I wanted another bottle. Oh well LOL
    Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!
    Currently wearing: Le De by Givenchy

  30. #60
    Basenotes Plus
    Candy Perfume Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    2,068

    Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    You're welcome CPB!

    Has anyone else wondered (in terms of volume), how much the addition of these glass stones has an impact on the amount of juice in the bottle?
    As far as I know the Homage line share the same 50ml bottle as the normal Tauer line however due to the glass beads they only contain 30ml of perfume.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

    Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Similar Threads

  1. Today I bought - October
    By Siifter in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 271
    Last Post: 1st November 2010, 12:59 AM
  2. Today I bought ~~~~ October 2009 ~~~~
    By gupts in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 300
    Last Post: 5th November 2009, 03:18 AM
  3. Today I Bought... October '09 Puchases!
    By Outlandish in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 3rd November 2009, 04:13 AM
  4. Today I Bought - October '08 Edition
    By mikeperez23 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 238
    Last Post: 1st November 2008, 05:52 AM
  5. Today I bought (October 2007)
    By mikeperez23 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 3rd November 2007, 01:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000