Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Today I Bought - October 2010

Today I bought So Pretty by Cartier. I've loved this one for a long time and my samples are all gone, so it was time.

Quote Originally Posted by domperrier View Post
    Incidentally, this will be my last post on BN.
    That's a shame.
    Good luck to you

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Today I bought So Pretty by Cartier. I've loved this one for a long time and my samples are all gone, so it was time.
    Snap! I bought that one yesterday.

Got Shalimar on Ebay!
    This amounts to 5 purchases on EvilBay in one week. Have to slow down a bit...

Basenotes Plus

Coco 50ml EDP by Chanel

&

Heat 30ml EDP by Beyonce (I know I shouldn't like it but I do!)
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

My perfumestore has a sale with 20 % on ALL perfumes. They have had this for two weeks! This is really dangerous for me! The sale goes on for four more days...

So far I have only bougth three bottles, Stella by Stella McCartney, Ange ou Demon by Givenchy and SJP Lovely.

It is only Ange ou Demon who is new for me to own, the other two I know very well. I am very glad I bought Ange ou Demon, it is a stunning perfume! I think of Shalimar when I am wearing it! Now Shalimar is too much to wear for me, and Eau de Shalimar is very lovely, but is best in the summerheat. Perhaps Ange ou Demon can become my Shalimar-substitute for fall and winter.

SJP Lovely is not marketed so much any more, perhaps it is dissapering from the stores, so I had to have a bottle of this clever perfume before it dissapeares! And Stella is back in the stores, after a year of not being there, and that had to be celebrated with a bottle! It is a truly beautiful dark rose-fraganse!
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Not that I need anything new this month, but could not resist M Micallef's Roud Aoud.

Dom???
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

My October purchases have been plenty,

Shalimar Ode a La Vanille, Guerlain
    Womanity, Mugler
    Sensuous Noir, Lauder
    English Pear & Freesia, Malone
    Dior Addict (a re-purchase), Dior

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    My October purchases have been plenty,

Shalimar Ode a La Vanille, Guerlain
    Womanity, Mugler
    Sensuous Noir, Lauder
    English Pear & Freesia, Malone
    Dior Addict (a re-purchase), Dior
    Oh, ubuandibeme, what nice purchases you have done!

I am really thinking of getting both Womanity by Mugler and Lauder Sensous Noire! I like both when I sniff them! Please, tell us what you think of them! Are they bottleworthy?
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

Byredo M/Mink the day before yesterday. They had me at ink, incense, skank and 50 ml..

Well done, Pimpinett!

I got me some vintage Chanel CdR edt on ebay. Can't wait to finally try the vintage edt!

Tack! I am very happy with it - I think I may live in fear of Byredo going bankrupt until I can afford a back-up bottle of this, it's that gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Margareta View Post
    Oh, ubuandibeme, what nice purchases you have done!

I am really thinking of getting both Womanity by Mugler and Lauder Sensous Noire! I like both when I sniff them! Please, tell us what you think of them! Are they bottleworthy?
    Hey there girl! So nice to 'see' you again! Actually, the Womanity is incredible! The slightly green sweet fig combined with an acquatic/salty caviar is unique and VERY wearable! Marine type scents really do little to nothing for me...but this one suprises and delights! As for the Sensuous Noir ~ it's a little disappointing ~ too close to the original Sensuous. I probably would have skipped this purchase had I given it a full wear or two before opening my wallet. C'est La Vie!

Honoré Des Prés - Vamp In New York Eau De Parfum 50ml

Hey there girl! So nice to 'see' you again! Actually, the Womanity is incredible! The slightly green sweet fig combined with an acquatic/salty caviar is unique and VERY wearable! Marine type scents really do little to nothing for me...but this one suprises and delights! As for the Sensuous Noir ~ it's a little disappointing ~ too close to the original Sensuous. I probably would have skipped this purchase had I given it a full wear or two before opening my wallet. C'est La Vie!
    Thanks for your answer, ubuandibeme! It is really nice to get to know what you think! And it is very nice of you to remember me - I am not so much here at the Forum any more, as I am trying to not buy so many perfumes! - Well, that intention has failed for the moment!

It became three more bottles for me today! That sale of 20 % is dangerous! I hope I can stop now!

I got Womanity - it is almost like wearing Angel, but as a light version. I like Angel a lot, but can´t stand it on my skin, it is way too much for me. But Womanity works very well on my skin, and have a clear Angel-tone!

And I also got Sensous Noir, it is realy pleasant to wear! - I don´t own Sensous, so I might skip that instead. Sensous Noir will replace Bvlgari Jasmin Noir in my wardrobe, I like Sensous Noir a little better.

Third bottle for today is NRfH Essense Intense musk collection. NRfH Essense doas not work on my skin, but NRfH Essens Intense musk collection is for me! - It is amusing that so little differense between two scents means so much, so one is a no-no, and the other is a yes-yes!!!
    Last edited by Margareta; 31st October 2010 at 05:32 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Last night I bought Amber Ylang Ylang by Estee Lauder, it's been a favorite for quite awhile and my samples are gone.

Margareta, I completely 'get' your comment about replacing Jasmin Noir with Sensuous Noir! Very nice.
    Narciso Rodriguez's range of scents do behave erratically! I have NR Iridescent. My only wish is that Narciso would have given completely different names to all of them - they are confusing to keep sorted! Hope you love your Womanity, I love mine!!!

Blog Entries

Yesterday I bought Yvresse. I was replacing my mini EDT from time and time ago, I used to not wear it at all and then fell in love with it. I decided to get a FB and I think I got slightly different formulation (gasp), but I can handle it. It is close enough. At one point I was worried that it won't be the same in the slightest, but turns out that I love the drydown, so I waited for it and it came.

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    Yesterday I bought Yvresse.
    Warum, Yvresse is gorgeous. I never noticed the difference when they changed the formulation (was it when they changed the name from Champagne or when the bottle stopped having actual wire on the glass?). However I recently got some Champagne to compare side by side. There is a subtle difference indeed (Champagne being more pronouncedly chypre) but I still love Yvresse! Since it's been discontinued and so cheap at the moment, I think it's worth getting a backup bottle!

a 2.5 oz bottle of Dior Escale de Pondichery, for my mom. This was a fun purchase: The little old ladies at one of the local senior centers were having a bazaar; some merchant must have donated the Fresh, Lauder and Givenchy bottles they were selling along with some shopworn makeup. I snagged my bottle for $10.

Margareta, I completely 'get' your comment about replacing Jasmin Noir with Sensuous Noir! Very nice.
    Narciso Rodriguez's range of scents do behave erratically! I have NR Iridescent. My only wish is that Narciso would have given completely different names to all of them - they are confusing to keep sorted! Hope you love your Womanity, I love mine!!!
    Womanity is very, very nice, it might become a favouriten of mine!
    Good thinking about Narciso Rodriguez´s all scents! Perhaps I should be very happy to have found at least one who is really nice on my skin!
    I tried Sensous today. It is way too sweet on my skin. Sensous Noir is not a sweet scent to my nose! I hope you will like Sensous Noir better in the future!