Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Finally have tried frederic malle

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    I am looking into geranium pm, i do not like mint. Will i still like the fragrance?
    Absolutely NOT

Quote Originally Posted by jlouismi View Post
    Absolutely NOT
    thank you sir, it seems my search of frederic malle is done, i am not a floral guy and do not like mint. i love musc rav and the vetiver is good. I guess it is on to the next thing.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

VE and MR are my top two Malle fragrances.

thank you sir, it seems my search of frederic malle is done, i am not a floral guy and do not like mint. i love musc rav and the vetiver is good. I guess it is on to the next thing.
    Yeah the Malle's are like that, if your not a floral guy (like me) at least half of them you wont like, i agree with you MR and VE are good, they have 2 or 3 outstanding fragrances, but the house as a whole........eh. The marketing and presentation pulled me in really.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Hi Teardrop,
    I'm so happy you remembered our mini synchronised Friday- Hurrah! For today at least, we can be fabulous smelling scent-twins
    My Malle Week got off to a less than auspicious start: I ended up scrubbing Une Rose after 5 or so hours - the funky note became just too funky for me to endure. Life's too short to be wearing a perfume you come to hate.
    It was all uphill after Monday though. I did get a little out of synch with the schedule I posted, but the undoubted highlight for me came on Wednesday with French Lover. Ooh la la, this stuff is magical. Green, dry, a little spicy, mossy. An olfactory epiphany for me. I couldn't stop myself taking furtive sniffs of my collar all day. I can already hear the deadly, siren calls of a full bottle...
    Today's Carnal Flower runs a close second - the most delicious tuberose I've encountered yet. It's been sunny and quite warm here in London, and in these conditions, I think this beauty just bloomed. Honourable mention goes to Vétiver Extraordinaire - nice, but I have other Vetiver centred perfumes in my wardrobe I prefer (Chanel's Sycomore and Guerlian's Vetiver notably). Sadly, Bigarade Concentrée failed to ignite any real passion in me. Kinda 'meh'.
    It's been great fun to have a themed week. I think I'll try it again sometime...
    Thanks, l needed an excuse to wear this again, glad jlouismi remembered as well, fragrance triplets for the day! l'm so glad you love Carnal Flower, it's been a lovely warm day here too & it bloomed for me also. l had almost forgotten what a stunning beauty this is, l've felt like a beautiful fresh flower all afternoon, & 9 hours after application l can still smell it on me. One of the longest lasting scents l've ever tried. lt's been on my wishlist for so long, it really is about time l purchased that full bottle! Let us know when you have another themed week, l think it's a great idea!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennard View Post
    VE and MR are my top two Malle fragrances.
    me too

Quote Originally Posted by jlouismi View Post
    Yeah the Malle's are like that, if your not a floral guy (like me) at least half of them you wont like, i agree with you MR and VE are good, they have 2 or 3 outstanding fragrances, but the house as a whole........eh. The marketing and presentation pulled me in really.
    I understand, I appreciate the feedback and help it was fun trying out the Malle line but they have a ton of florals and the only floral i like is git. I am still trying to give serge lutens a chance i have tried about 10 of his offerings, still have not found the right one for me.

I smelled carnal flower, iris and l'eau and even though they are very fem i think they smell good, i would not wear them but they would smell good on a woman for sure.

My favorites are:

Musc Ravageur - very sexy. yummy
    Noir Epices - very unique and interesting to smell. you won't get bored smelling this
    French Lover - very refined manly scent.
    Dan Tes Bras - heliotope. same vibe as the Apres L'ondee by Guerlain.

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    My favorites are:

Musc Ravageur - very sexy. yummy
    Noir Epices - very unique and interesting to smell. you won't get bored smelling this
    French Lover - very refined manly scent.
    Dan Tes Bras - heliotope. same vibe as the Apres L'ondee by Guerlain.
    i love musc rav for sure, the vetiver is growing on me too.

i love musc rav for sure, the vetiver is growing on me too.
    i haven't smelled the vetiver. I have smelled the geranium pour monsieur, it is very minty. I'm not sure if I really want to smell like that. Kind of like toothpaste! hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    i haven't smelled the vetiver. I have smelled the geranium pour monsieur, it is very minty. I'm not sure if I really want to smell like that. Kind of like toothpaste! hahahahaha
    ewww lol i am not a mint guy, you should try the vetiver it might not be your fav but it will probably end up on your top vetiver list.