Code of Conduct

Default Jesus Del Pozo In Black - Can It Be Worn By A Man?

I stumbled upon this fragrance when looking through the JDP directory. Just curious if anyone has smelt it & whether or not they think a man could/should pull it off. Thanks in advance....

Default Re: Jesus Del Pozo In Black - Can It Be Worn By A Man?

If you liked Cartier Delices and think it works well on your skin, you may enjoy In Black. They have a similar vibe.

Yes,rickbr is right.Delices includes black cherry something in common wth in black!
    In black ,is a warm deep fruity-woody smelling perfume! It has notes of black cherry, black pepper, pink grapefruit, top rose, black lily, jasmine, violet, licorice wood, madagascan vanilla, moroccan cedar and indonesian patchouli!
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Sur la Plage

If the man can depress the nozzle and spray it on, than he can wear it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Haha. Another one!

It's a heavy oriental with a tuberose+jasmine+orchid accord like Black orchid and Poison. I know many men who wear BO and a few who wear Poison. If You like those 2 and would wear them, JDP In black would be worth getting. It'a a nice frag with good sillage.

I would like to add that i have a decant of it and i'm expecting to receive the bottle i have ordered
    Anyway, i can't tell if it can be worn by a man or a woman...someone has to try it first
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

fountain

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    If the man can depress the nozzle and spray it on, than he can wear it.
    i don't wear female scents myself but you are damn right

Thanks for all the feedback. I've never purchased a fragrance marketed towards women before, but I'm intrigued by this offering. I've sampled both Quasar and Quasar Adventure and found them competent. Since so many of you have said that In Black is not too feminine for man to wear, and because it has a licorice note in it, I went ahead and ordered a mini on ebay. We'll see how it turns out...

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by timkm1 View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback. I've never purchased a fragrance marketed towards women before, but I'm intrigued by this offering. I've sampled both Quasar and Quasar Adventure and found them competent. Since so many of you have said that In Black is not too feminine for man to wear, and because it has a licorice note in it, I went ahead and ordered a mini on ebay. We'll see how it turns out...
    I quite like it. I have seen it at Dillards.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

OK. I think one should wear what suits him and what he likes and not go by price, name, gender and so on. Noone in the street knows what perfume You wear, how much it costs and what audience it is geared to. I love complimenting people on their fragrance since my childhood. This is the best unbiased way to learn what I like - just by the smell. Half of the time I compliment men on their fragrance they tell me they are wearing a unisex or feminine fragrance. I have loved the feminine vesrions of : Dune, Must, Poison, Obsession (for women)Angel and a few others. The gender division is very arbitrary. I myself find Obsession for women more manly than its men counterpart. I have worn both. I once stopped a guy in the street who told me he wore Obsession , went to a shop and looked around, grabbed one Obsession for women and gave it to a male friend as a birthday present. He loved it and said ha has never smelled such a handsome scent. He (not an english speaker) only found it was women's frag when he went to a shop to repurchase.

Michael Jackson loved and wore Black Orchid, Shalimar and Bal a Versailles. I prefer Bal a Versailles and Shalimar on a man.

So, the choice is Yours! Good luck and come back to report on the scent!