Code of Conduct

Thread: Tea fragrances!

Default Tea fragrances!

Hello all! I've been getting into tea fragrances after finally deciding that I really do love them. Gucci Pour Homme II is my most worn fragrance by FAR! So for the warmer weather I'm on the lookout for a clean tea fragrance, but not boring or sharp. I'm also wanting to try more that are good for cooler weather. Something warm and rustic! I really like Tea for Two, though I'm not crazy about the smoky vibe I get from it.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Default Re: Tea fragrances!

Bvlgari's Au The Vert is a good "clean" tea that is not shrill or sharp, as fresh tea scents often can be. (It's actually quite hearty). Au the Rouge is also pretty good; it's darker than Vert, but at the same time it feels more transparent.

But IMO you've already named the two best tea-centered scents, TfT and GPHII. It's hard to find a good tea-centered fragrance. Tea usually works better in a supporting role, IMO.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 1st October 2010 at 08:08 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Try Annick Goutal Duel for the mate tea scent.

Vivienne Westwood Anglomania also has tea as does Ambre Russe.
    Last edited by Primrose; 3rd October 2010 at 08:38 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

Try Jade by Olivier Durbano and/or Five O'Clock Gingembre by Serge Lutens

Nonetheless, I still think that Tea for Two is THE BEST tea fragrance of all time. The trick is apply lightly, and to wear it in cool/crisp weather.

Dependent

Parfumerie Generale - Un Crime Exotique

+1 Serge Lutens Five O'Clock Gingembre

Tea For Two is also my favorite tea scent.

UDV Retroverso Tea Tobacco

Let us not forget Scent Intense from Costume National. Smolderinggggggggggggggggggg...
    The Bark Bites Back.

One of the newer perfumes I have liked very much is Oolong Infini by Atelier Cologne. Very delicious tea note. Another favorite, although not very popular is Au The Rouge by Bulgari
    Evenstar

Azzaro Now Men. Turin gives it 4 stars for good reason. A great, green, ethereal tea scent with a beautifully rendered cardamom note.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Azzaro Now Men. Turin gives it 4 stars for good reason. A great, green, ethereal tea scent with a beautifully rendered cardamom note.
    Wow that's one hell of a bottle! After looking up that, I stumbled upon this:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120104.html

The description: This fresh fern blends a tea bouquet with smooth cotton flowers and sensual Tonka bean.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Blog Entries

Hmmm... Since so many here are naming richer, thicker tea scents, I'll chime in with the opposite:

Guerlain Acqua Allegria Herba Fresca - delicious, refreshing mint tea
    Heeley Verbeine - delicious, refreshing lemon tea
    Green Green Green and Green - not officially tea, but it smells to me like raspberry Snapple with sweet, refreshing herbs
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Wow that's one hell of a bottle! After looking up that, I stumbled upon this:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120104.html

The description: This fresh fern blends a tea bouquet with smooth cotton flowers and sensual Tonka bean.
    That sounds good. The women's also sounds good and from what I've read (over at that other site! ), may be unisex, too.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

isn't Hermes Osmanthe and Yunnin some sort of tea?
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

+2 Serge Lutens Five O'Clock au Gingembre. Perfect for autumn and winter. It's warm and rustic with bergamot, tea, candied ginger, cinnamon, amber, patchouli, pepper, cocoa and woody notes.

+1. excellent recommendation

UDV Retroverso Tea Tobacco
    Last edited by Silleur; 5th October 2010 at 04:30 AM. Reason: forgot "quote
    My motto for life: "If you have to choose, choose BOTH."

What Primrose said. Goutal's Duel is the most convincing tea frag I've encountered.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

For some reason I never get a prominent tea note in Five O'Clock au Gingembre. It smells wonderful though.

Add to the list:

Russian Caravan Tea by CB I Hate Perfume: smoky & rustic - but its water base takes some getting use to.

If Villoresi's Yerbamate can be considered to be a tea fragrance (more maté than tea), it's my favourite by far.

On the side of the naturals and niche for a tea scent, how about Cumberland Ti by Liz Zorn?

From her Website: "An infusion of tea notes from Sencha, Green Tea, Black Tea and Chai, topped with a generous squeeze of fresh lime and lemon, crushed mint, a hint of cassis with deeper notes of honey and beeswax absolute, mimosa, lavender absolute, genet (broom) ' soft woods and vanilla. A very bright tea scent with an intense opening of citrus and herbs offset by the drier notes of tea. Cumberland Ti has a lovely warm earthy finish."

BTW, I adore her Tobacco and Tulle. A wonderful spicy tuberose and tobacco scent with a cruelty-free animalic hyraceum.

http://www.soivohle.com/n.cumberland.ti.html

For the record, this is the offical page of Goutal's Duel. They offer a shower gel in this scent. Perfect for the dandy who takes perfumed baths after a dawn affair of honor with sabres after teaching an adversary a lesson, LOL!:

http://www.annickgoutal.com/fr/catal...ces/duel+.html

EDIT: I would also like to add Ineke's Field Notes From Paris for its tea note. Some reviewers say it has tea.
    Last edited by Primrose; 3rd October 2010 at 09:07 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I think it's hard to beat the Bulgari line-up of tea scents. Gucci PH II turns really sour on me- like pickles or vinegar, and my nose doesn't pick up any tea in it.

the most natural , less expensive, on a base of very clean musk : "Thé Vert" - Roger & Gallet

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark View Post
    Let us not forget Scent Intense from Costume National. Smolderinggggggggggggggggggg...
    The OP is looking for clean tea fragrance but not boring or sharp. That rules out Costume National Scent Intense as it hits the nose hard and is smoky scent.

Quote Originally Posted by klimax View Post
    The OP is looking for clean tea fragrance but not boring or sharp. That rules out Costume National Scent Intense as it hits the nose hard and is smoky scent.
    I'm also wanting to try more that are good for cooler weather. Something warm and rustic! I really like Tea for Two, though I'm not crazy about the smoky vibe I get from it.

Regardless, I hope they've found what they're looking for by now!
    The Bark Bites Back.

I agree with the Five O'Clock Au Gingembre - one of my favorites.

Also, a great one from a great house, but often overlooked is: by Kilian Bamboo Harmony.

And maybe I'm the only one, but Creed Royal Oud sure smells like a tea fragrance to me.

Asian Tales By Kilian