Code of Conduct

Default anyone have any experience with Glass spray vials (decants)? How many sprays..

I've ordered some samples from theperfumedcourt site and I'm wondering how these small decants sprayers compare to the regular cologne bottle sprayers? Ive ordered 1.5ml 2.5ml and 5ml and from my experience so far I feel maybe I'm not spraying enough on Me but I'm scared to try out more sprays especially since I work in an office. But I feel there has been no projection what so ever and I have body kouros, a*men, musc ravageur and others. I've noticed these decants don't even spray half of what my bvlgari black sprays on one spray. Did I just answer my own question?

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: anyone have any experience with Glass spray vials (decants)? How many sprays..

You got it: When you apply a scent from a small atomizer, you gotta spray more.

Default Re: anyone have any experience with Glass spray vials (decants)? How many sprays..

Alright thanks.. Im guessing 4 sprays from small decant = 2 sprays from regular cologne bottle.

I was just scared to put 6 sprays of a*men on me lol

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by popo940 View Post
    Alright thanks.. Im guessing 4 sprays from small decant = 2 sprays from regular cologne bottle.

I was just scared to put 6 sprays of a*men on me lol
    It's hard to say because each mini atomizer is different. Nonetheless, you're going to have to double up, at the least, in # of sprays. However there are also those scent, that benefit from just 1 or 2 sprays from a mini atomizer. Like A*Men and/or Black Aoud. IMO, these sort of scents actually benefit from being applied from mini atomizers.

Oh and when spraying, would you recommend spraying twice in the same exact spot? Or all sprays on their on separate spots of the body? I want some projection but not to the extreme

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by popo940 View Post
    Oh and when spraying, would you recommend spraying twice in the same exact spot? Or all sprays on their on separate spots of the body? I want some projection but not to the extreme
    Hard to say. Experiment with both application methods - use the one that works best for you.

When I spray a scent on, usually I spray my chest (in 2 or 3 spots), the inner crook of my left and right elbows, and (sometimes) the back of my neck. I DO NOT spray on the front of my neck (if I do I experience nose fatigue and I cancel out the smell of my own fragrance too quickly). Ever so often I spray my forearms.