Code of Conduct

Talking Annick Goutal's Ninfeo Mio

Just tested this relatively new release and had to get it. IMO the best fig scent so far. The only other fig I ever cared for is PF by L'artisan Parfumeurs. This one starts off citrus, then a milky green fig not unlike the sap of the fig tree. The green note also reminds me of a fig leaf that's been crushed. Love the bitterness and woods in the base. This is not a sweet fig, but a green/bitter one. I think the guys will dig this one. The blue/green bottle which recalls the color of trees reflected in a river is beautiful.

Ciao

Default Re: Annick Goutal's Ninfeo Mio

i bought this blind and hated it, sold it on ebay the next day. sorry not to share your enthusiam with this one

I'm a big fan of Ninfeo Mio and bought a bottle at the first opportunity. Love at first sniff for me!

Quote Originally Posted by sumandre View Post
    Just tested this relatively new release and had to get it. IMO the best fig scent so far. ........This one starts off citrus, then a milky green fig not unlike the sap of the fig tree. The green note also reminds me of a fig leaf that's been crushed. Love the bitterness and woods in the base. This is not a sweet fig, but a green/bitter one. I think the guys will dig this one. The blue/green bottle which recalls the color of trees reflected in a river is beautiful. Ciao
    The Paris AG flagship boutique is across from my hotel, I'm running over at lunch time today!

Went to the AG boutique, sprayed some on. It has their signature house accord, very similar to their Folavril.

I hate the smell of fig in a fragrance! But I have been very tempted buy this one. I like how the scent only relies on fig as a compliment to the other greens and is extremely dry in the opening and stays throughout. As it wears on the milky fig becomes more prominent, however the base continues to be dry green muskiness with dry woods with still just a hint of fig. The best fig scent ever because of its restraint with the fig note itself.

I am very impressed with all of the scents that Isabelle Doyen has created at Annick Goutal and also those she does for her niche brand LesNez. She has an extreme subtlety and delicateness with her creations. I really like the magical brew of Mandragore Pourpre, the recent upgrade of Mandragore, and another favorite winter scent from her lab is Ambre Fetische. A nice profile of Isabelle Doyen is at: http://www.osmoz.com/News-Trends/Int...Isabelle-Doyen

Quote Originally Posted by sumandre View Post
    Just tested this relatively new release and had to get it. IMO the best fig scent so far. The only other fig I ever cared for is PF by L'artisan Parfumeurs. This one starts off citrus, then a milky green fig not unlike the sap of the fig tree. The green note also reminds me of a fig leaf that's been crushed. Love the bitterness and woods in the base. This is not a sweet fig, but a green/bitter one. I think the guys will dig this one. The blue/green bottle which recalls the color of trees reflected in a river is beautiful.

Ciao
    I have tried this one!Yes,this is a greenish woody scent!The fig note is a noticeable one,too!You can sense this as AG House creation !It's fresh ,grassy smelling ,unisex(stands for both man and woman without leaning towards to one or other side) not sweet and lasting
    Worth of trying!
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

I had a sample of this with a bottle of Les Nuits d'Hadrien EDP I received a couple of weeks ago. I originally tried it when it first came out and I didn't know what to make of it then and this second time around, I still don't. I really like the fragrance for the first hour, but when it starts to drydown, there's something that puts me right off it. Certainly worth trying out though for anyone who is interested.

Blog Entries

I liked it until it developed a smell that I think of as "eau de Yankee Candle Store".

Great AG scent after many years of so-so releases. Yes, on of the finest fig scents. I'm in love.

I love this fragrance. It has a salty quality (or brings out that quality of my skin?) and a really nice balance between citrus, woody, and green components.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Basenotes Plus

Definitely one of the better fig scents in the market, right next to L'Artisan's Premier Figuer and Diptyque's Philosykos. But I'm not too crazy about the fig note on myself.

If you are a figgy kind of guy and can get past the name, Womanity from Thierry Mugler is worth a whiff.

I've tried this one a couple of times and like it - I own Duel & Madragore and this one feels recognisably Goutal. It didn't strike me as as an overtly fig scent either, which is probably a good thing, all in all a very nice crisp green scent. I like this side of the Goutal range - keep thinking I should grab Eau de Hadrien at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I'm a big fan of Ninfeo Mio and bought a bottle at the first opportunity. Love at first sniff for me!
    Same here.

One fig scent that probably no one will have heard of on Basenotes (or certainly very few members) is Constance by Essenze di Mezzanotte. It's an excellent Italian unisex fig perfume, certainly worth checking out. If you want more info on where to get a sample of this from and the other 5 or so fragrances from the Mezzanotte line, then drop me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    I've tried this one a couple of times and like it - I own Duel & Madragore and this one feels recognisably Goutal. It didn't strike me as as an overtly fig scent either, which is probably a good thing, all in all a very nice crisp green scent. I like this side of the Goutal range - keep thinking I should grab Eau de Hadrien at some point.
    Yes, it's not purely fig. It's got the authentic AG herbal citrus intro and has a lot of lush garden green besides fig. It's tenacious and projects beautifully. Seemingly simple but in fact, it's quite complex.

Sur la Plage

I am not fond of fig fragrances, and this one keeps that string going. I really did not like this one at all.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sophi View Post
    I have tried this one!Yes,this is a greenish woody scent!The fig note is a noticeable one,too!You can sense this as AG House creation !It's fresh ,grassy smelling ,unisex(stands for both man and woman without leaning towards to one or other side) not sweet and lasting
    Worth of trying!
    Not sweet? I thought it was was little too sweet...

I agree supperman, I find it way too sweet.