Code of Conduct

Default Le Male VS Fleur Du Male

Which fragrance has better sillage longevity and compliments ???

Default Re: Le Male VS Fleur Du Male

For me it is Le Male hands down!!!
    Welcome to Basenotes fatdan113!!!
    Gary

If you are really keen on getting one of these frags, do yourself a favor. Get the Le Male. FDM is not woth owning. Sorry to the lovers of FDM. This is just my personal opinion.

I wore FDM yesterday. It is nice smell but I dont think I would ever want to smell like that or have anyone close to me smell like that. Now to answer your question:

Sillage: Le Male > Fleur De Male
    Longevity: Fleur De Male > Le Male
    Compliments: I didnt get any but one lady in her 40s said that Le Male is most sexy fragrance in the world..
    TOP 4 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial

TOP 4 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    If you are really keen on getting one of these frags, do yourself a favor. Get the Le Male. FDM is not woth owning. Sorry to the lovers of FDM. This is just my personal opinion.
    What he said - except the exact opposite.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I stand with Joe.
    I prefer FDM over LM.

If you want sillage, longevity and compliments, Le Male is your man.

I prefer Fleur du Male though for its uniqueness.
    Sales thread here

I do agree that FDM is more unique, I get that. But FDM is kind of pissy . =(

I like both.

I got better longevity and sillage with Fleur du Male, but Le Male have a better smell to my tastes, even if Fleur du Male is more unique.

The orange blossom in Fleur du Male is set in size-72 font, but my recollection is that Le Male is more tenacious at the tail end. Both are longevity and sillage monsters, and excellent works of perfumery, to boot.

That said, I would be absolutely delighted if I never smelled either of these in public again.

Of the two I would say Fleur Du Male. Given a broader range of options I probably wouldn't choose either...

I like both but prefer Le Male

I would never own Le Male because I don't like it. I would never own Fleur du Male because I would feel uncomfortable, I find it on the feminine side. But as a scent, FdM is much more unique and interesting.

Have owned Le Male and just recently bought FDM.

If you want to smell like half the population, go for Le Male >> which is the more safer option.

If you want something which still has remnants of the Le Male DNA but is more complex, loud, brash, unique, yet utterly amazing, the obvious choice is FDM - truly love at first sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannino View Post
    Have owned Le Male and just recently bought FDM.

If you want to smell like half the population, go for Le Male >> which is the more safer option.

If you want something which still has remnants of the Le Male DNA but is more complex, loud, brash, unique, yet utterly amazing, the obvious choice is FDM - truly love at first sniff.
    Le Male is too commonplace and I no longer wear it, however it is a good fragrance with excellent longevity and sillage. I just got tired of smelling it on everybody and it was getting ridiculous. Perhaps it was the only fragrance in their collection. Anyways, I consider Fleur du Male a masterpiece with its overdose of orange blossom and I have grown to love it and I will never be without it. The overripe undertone of indolic orange blossom and hay-coconut-like sweetness of tonka bean/coumarin is wonderful.

Sillage: Le Male
    Longevity: Le Male