Code of Conduct

Default I need recomendations of good long-lasting and silage fragrances

Hi all,

I like so much of long-lasting and good silage fragrances.

I have in my wardrobe 19 fragrances, but less than a half last for more than 4 hours, wich was very short for me. Looks like im gaving my money for nothing.

My wardrobe, in order of lasting:

Fleur du Male - 7 hours
    Le Male - 6 hours
    1 million - 6 hours
    Le Male Terrible - 5 hours
    Prada Amber - 5 hours
    Bulgari Blu - 5 hours
    Diesel Fuel for Life - 4 hours
    Cacharel Amor Tentation - 4 hours
    Blue Jeans - 4 hours
    Lalique Lion Head - 4 hours
    Le Male Summer - 3 hours
    B Man - 3 hours
    XS - 2 hours
    Bulgari Extreme - 2 hours
    Incanto Salvatore Ferragamo - 2 hours
    Unforgivable - 1 hour
    Everlast - 1 hour
    CK Be - 1/2 hour

Please recomend me very good lasting scents.
    I like much kinds of fragrances, except Polo Green, Azzaro and those old style, are very sharp to me. I prefer sweet frags!

Ps: I already brought and are waiting these list down to come (im brazilian, so its much time to come to me, more than a month):

Gaultier²
    Corduroy
    Red for Men (its a Le Male bottle but red, i brought for curiosity, only 15 bucks)
    Body Kouros
    Animale
    Animale Animale
    La Nuit del Homme
    212 Sexy
    Chic
    Baby Blue Jeans
    Azzaro Chrome
    Eau du Sud
    Carrera
    Carrera Black

How much time can i expect for the lasting of my shipped list?

Thank you Guys, Expect good recomendations!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I need recomendations of good long-lasting and silage fragrances

Rochas man.. lasts and lasts. i can still get nice whifs of it 10+ hours later

Post Thanks / Like

Terre d' Hermes
    Narciso Rodrigues For Him

Post Thanks / Like

Opium Homme EDP
    Dior Homme Intense
    Rochas Lui
    Michael Kors For Men
    Lanvin Arpège Pour Homme
    YSL M7, Rive Gauche PH
    Bogart Pour Homme

a*men pure malt. 12+ hours.

you will also find that la nuit de l'homme lasts and projects amazingly.

also, i know alot of people say dolce and gabbana the one does last long, but i was extremely surprised to see that it lasted 8 hours on my skin last night, and things usually dont last tooo long on my skin.

Post Thanks / Like

Tauer's L' air du desert Maroccain
    Aramis original
    JHL by Aramis
    R de Capucci
    Last edited by fraddicted; 2nd October 2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: added items

The holy trinity:

Kouros
    Joop
    Amen

Post Thanks / Like

Amouage Epic.. So ultra strong, I can`t use it enymore..

Post Thanks / Like

I think Joop! reigns supreme in this area. Many of the older frags are pretty durable too, like Antaeus, Bel Ami and Giorgio. On me, the Cartier frags are long-lasting as well.

musc ravageur is good, a men, pure malt, one million i heard is good, azzaro pour homme, etc

Pheromone for Men by Miglin.

DeepSilence

Interesting! Just 2 hours you have XS on your skin, for me it's about 10-12 hours.

Rochas Man
    Opium
    Kouros
    Armani Eau Pour Homme
    Diesel

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Those that fit the bill for me:

Chanel Antaeus
    Aramis Havana
    L'Occitane Eau des baux
    Gucci Envy

Lighter scents (believe it or not)
    Kenzo PH
    Versace PH

My #1 recommendation would be Jaipur Homme EDP. I always get 24 or more hours of longevity and it is a sillage monster. Starts out a bit spicy but quickly becomes sweet and stays that way. Get the EDP and you will not be sorry. Also, Black Orchid (sample it first if you can) will easily give you close to 24 hours. It will be a faint smell after 20 hours, but it will still be there.

Attar

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Annick Goutal Sables
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Esencia Loewe
    Jaipur Homme by Boucheron
    Fahrenheit- even more so, the Absolue version
    Hermes Rocabar

fountain

kouros
    van cleef and arpels ph
    giorgio beverly hills for men
    grey flannel
    oscar de la renta pour lui
    francesco smalto
    joop! homme

the average lonevity would be around 18 hours

Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone here knows I'm the biggest complainer of low longevity and sillage. I'll throw in the ones that last on me in no particular order.

New Haarlem by Bond #9
    Sables by Annick Goutal
    Homme by Xerjoff
    Duro by Nasomatto
    Black Aoud by Montale
    Aromatic Lime by Montale
    Santal de Mysore Pure Parfum By Montale Confidential Collection
    Homage by Amouage
    Tribute by Homage
    L' homme Sage by Divine
    Borneo 1834 by Serge Lutens
    Black Tourmaline by Oliver Durbano
    Fougere Bengale by Parfums d'Empire
    Oud Lacquer by Soivohle
    Like This (Tilda Swinton) by Etat Libre d'Orange

VC & A - Pour Homme

terrific fragrance..there's nothing like it
    Knize Ten !

Post Thanks / Like

When I go out with my friend who wears Joop Homme I can smell it on him all night and when he's given me a hug goodbye, my clothes smell of it the next day.
    I think that's pretty incredible longevity. (Sadly, I don't like it too much.)
    I adore the original Kouros and that lasts well, too. It's delicious on a sweater, even a few days later.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Post Thanks / Like

Pure Malt
    New Haarlem
    Tobacco Vanille
    Body Kouros
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

Spiriteuse Double Vanilla
    M7
    Sequoia (CdG)

Gucci Pour Homme & Burberry Touch both have amazing sillage & longevity.

I will say this, you are going to be in for a treat during Carnival wearing your newly acquired Body Kouros. Be ready for endless compliments. This frag is absolutely perfect in a warm humid climate. It thrives on body heat. You are sure to get noticed from the intoxicating scent trail you will be leaving behind

Post Thanks / Like

I've got news for you, if you're only getting 6 hours out of things like Le Male, it may be you're either not spraying enough, spraying on a very dry part of your body, or you just can't get frags to last. Try Joop or A*Men, but if you're not getting more than eight hours out of those, you're probably not going to get that much out of anything.

Looks like theres some unanimities:

Joop
    A Men (or Pure line)
    YSL frags. (off course Kouros the top recomended)
    Rochas

But sadly Kouros are impossible to me. I really dont like the smell, looks like human sweat + horse leather to me...

So following the recomendations my next purchases will be:

Joop
    A Men
    Pure (malt or coffee if i can get one of that)
    Opium EDP
    M7
    Rive Gauche
    Rochas Man or Lui

My list are good on the quesite Long-Lasting and Silage?

Today i got a Bogart Silver Scent.
    Is lasts more than 8 hours at my arm when i tried the tester at shopping. I got a shower and the scent continues there.
    I Really liked the frag (Eternity + Blue Jeans) but sincerely i bought for the lasting!

Amen
    Joop
    Kouros
    Terre D'Hermes
    M7
    La Nuit De L'homme

Received a generous sample of Winter Star by Michael Storer yesterday. At night after a shower, I put enough on to really see how the fragrance would develop. I could still smell it this morning! He's found a couple of those synthetic molecules that are very hard to work with and create an ever so slightly feminine, but unisex fragrance. The evolution of this fragrance lasts HOURS, and I can definitely see myself getting a full bottle at some point. The first spray is a surprise. It's as though jasmine and mint were spliced together and a hybrid flower I called "jasmint" opened up the scent. It is sweet, but there are so many undulations this fragrance goes through that it would take a really fine "nose" to figure them out. Most definitely a truly niche fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B.I.G. View Post
    The holy trinity:
    Kouros
    Joop
    Amen
    Would that make Knize Ten, Quorum, and One Man Show, the Unholy Trinity of masculine chypres?
    (At least I didn't suggest Fracas or Ajmal Musk Ghazelle AA)

Updating this:

I got new frags:

Body Kouros - really really liked the smell, its too much intoxicating but i like things like that (le male are a bit too, and are my number 1) but the lasting are less than 5 hours on me. Not bad but not good too.

La Nuit deLHome - Other amazing scent, but last 4 hours or less, not great too

Joop - Isnt a great scent, cherry + cherry. But whats that longevity!! incridible, more than 8 hours, my top 1 longevity until now with Silver Scent!

212 Sexy and Chic - Deception on Carolina Herrera. Lasts less than 3 hours, im expecting much more. Both are great scent (212 sexy are a Le Male less sweeter) but simply didnt last on me.

Continue recomending me guys, i will getting what you are recommending me.

Im getting Rochas Man + M7 + Opium EDP (this im searching a lot but are a hard-to-find scent) + Angel A Man + Terre + Bogart PH

Please continue!
    Thanks for the support!

Joop, A Men, YSL La Nuit del homme, Fahrenheit, Every thing that Chanel makes(Bleu, Egoiste, Platinum Egoiste, Allure and all the Flankers). If you like sweet fragrances, then it doesn't get much sweeter then Joop and it lasts a ridiculous amount of time on my skin (15 hours +) and I have dry pale skin. Perry Ellis 360 white

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blas View Post
    Pure Malt
    New Haarlem
    Tobacco Vanille
    Body Kouros
    Love these. If they don't last 6+ hours on your skin then I don't know what will.
    I'll also add...
    Musc Ravageur
    A*Men
    Rochas Man
    M7
    Givenchy Play Intense
    Versace The Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like

Dior Homme Intense

Tobacco Vanille

I think all of these have already been said, but I second Tobacco Vanille, Jaipur Homme EDP, and A*Men.

Is obsession a long-laster?

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26121205.html

much reviews telling that is a powerhouse, one of the most powerfull ever!

Joop Homme reigns supreme, it's wonderful especially if you love sweet/woody scents. Just 2 sprays needed and you could be set for 10-24 hours

Post Thanks / Like

1. Try some techniques to get ANY frag to last longer... don't spray right after showering, try adding moisturizer to your skin before, try spraying on your clothes (watch for stains), try spraying more then usual, put a dab behind your ears, etc.

2. Try some more expensive and higher quality fragrances, not the usual mall designer ones. Some are good, but many aren't. When you go niche and higher end, often the most obvious difference is taht they last longer and project better. I'd rather pay $100 for something I love that lasts 10 hours, then $60-70 for something that's so-so and gone in 3-4 hours.

Where are you located?

PS - nice L33t work there...
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 19th October 2010 at 10:21 PM.
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    1. Try some techniques to get ANY frag to last longer... don't spray right after showering, try adding moisturizer to your skin before, try spraying on your clothes (watch for stains), try spraying more then usual, put a dab behind your ears, etc.

2. Try some more expensive and higher quality fragrances, not the usual mall designer ones. Some are good, but many aren't. When you go niche and higher end, often the most obvious difference is taht they last longer and project better. I'd rather pay $100 for something I love that lasts 10 hours, then $60-70 for something that's so-so and gone in 3-4 hours.

Where are you located?

PS - nice L33t work there...
    Quite a lot of reviews I've heard about some Creed perfumes is that they don't even last for more than 3-4 hours...

I think people really need to get over this performance anxiety with their fragrances.

Want something to last longer? Reapply.

Your fragrance doesn't "project"? Try more sprays on exposed skin.

Also bear in mind that your brain tends to block out a fragrance soon after you put it on. That is, just because you can't smell it on yourself it doesn't mean that no one else can.

I am familiar with about half the fragrances you have listed below. I have had great success with lasting power. Sometimes it isn't so much the formula that determines the lasting power of a fragrance, but more how you apply it. Spray your hair, hair is a protein with a smooth less porous than skin, fragrance oils adhere and remain on the surface of the hair shaft where skin can be dry, porous, and act like a sponge-basically absorbing the oil and cutting short the experience fragrance.

And sometimes you just have to over apply because of the formula. Terre D'Hermes is a great example of slight over apply and applying to hair and can tell you the feedback is beyond remarkable.

Give it a shot & hopefully this helps you out.

I like so much of long-lasting and good silage fragrances.

I have in my wardrobe 19 fragrances, but less than a half last for more than 4 hours, wich was very short for me. Looks like im gaving my money for nothing.

My wardrobe, in order of lasting:

Fleur du Male - 7 hours
    Le Male - 6 hours
    1 million - 6 hours
    Le Male Terrible - 5 hours
    Prada Amber - 5 hours
    Bulgari Blu - 5 hours
    Diesel Fuel for Life - 4 hours
    Cacharel Amor Tentation - 4 hours
    Blue Jeans - 4 hours
    Lalique Lion Head - 4 hours
    Le Male Summer - 3 hours
    B Man - 3 hours
    XS - 2 hours
    Bulgari Extreme - 2 hours
    Incanto Salvatore Ferragamo - 2 hours
    Unforgivable - 1 hour
    Everlast - 1 hour
    CK Be - 1/2 hour

Please recomend me very good lasting scents.
    I like much kinds of fragrances, except Polo Green, Azzaro and those old style, are very sharp to me. I prefer sweet frags!

Ps: I already brought and are waiting these list down to come (im brazilian, so its much time to come to me, more than a month):

Gaultier²
    Corduroy
    Red for Men (its a Le Male bottle but red, i brought for curiosity, only 15 bucks)
    Body Kouros
    Animale
    Animale Animale
    La Nuit del Homme
    212 Sexy
    Chic
    Baby Blue Jeans
    Azzaro Chrome
    Eau du Sud
    Carrera
    Carrera Black

How much time can i expect for the lasting of my shipped list?

Thank you Guys, Expect good recomendations![/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

Terre D'Hermes (Parfum Concentration)

A*Men (and it's flanker Pure Malt to some extent)

Bond No 9 New Haarlem (will last 10-12 hours easy)

Tobacco Vanille

Back to Black (lasts long, but wears close and is not a sillage king)

1 Million - will continue to kill those around you for many hours as well.

Someone mentioned Musc Ravageur, and while I think it's one of the best fragrances EVER created, it wears fairly close to the skin on me, and after 4 hours needs a re-spray. So I always carry either a little decant or one of their 10ml travel sprays with me if I'm going to be out that long.

Personally for me and my skin, the longest lasting scents have been

Versace Eau Fraiche
    Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme
    Burberry London
    M7

If you are getting THAT bad of longevity from powerhouses like Prada Amber, Fleur du Male, 1 Million, and Le Male, you either need to check your diet or your nose.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

The Ultimate Smell
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry bumping up an old thread, I am desperately looking to smells that project to the tune of Black Aoud / Sweet Oriental Dream / Amouage Epic Man / Jaipur Homme EDP / A Men / LIDGE.

I could really do with not buying any more "tame" / "office safe" / "skin" scents. I like it sexy and loud. Money is no object. Tom Ford TV is on the buy list so any other recommendations would be welcomed.
    Last edited by bgoc; 18th January 2013 at 07:28 PM.

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

You can try Amouage Jubilation and Interlude. Alternatively Montale White Oud and Dark Aoud are monsters too. You basically have to shower to get it off.