Code of Conduct

Default London, Brit and Chanel

I had a couple of questions about the two burberry top sellers.

Firstly which one would you recommend for an expensive night out in the fall? Burberry Brit or London?

Secondly, is Burberry brit quite different than bleu de chanel? I noticed that they both have citrus openings with peppery middle notes (though bleu de chanel has pink pepper from what I remember)

thanks!

Default Re: London, Brit and Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Serjery View Post

Firstly which one would you recommend for an expensive night out in the fall? Burberry Brit or London?

Secondly, is Burberry brit quite different than bleu de chanel? I noticed that they both have citrus openings with peppery middle notes (though bleu de chanel has pink pepper from what I remember)

thanks!
    ˝Expensive˝, I kind of think London could work better than Brit in that case. Bleu I didn't try, so I can't claim a thing about it.

Hey Bro,

I think they are both great choice, but i would go with Brit. I think its the most underrated fragrance on basenotes. IMO its an absolute work of art, and something that just smellls great in my opinion. It also smells expensive and sophisticated. When im going to a "expensive" suit and tie event, im wearing Burberry Brit(unless there is a particular lady im really trying to leave an impression on, then my charm will be accompanied by La Nuit de L'homme or Pure Malt )

and secondly, Brit is much much different then Bleu. From my nose, they dont have much in common

Either one would be fine for a night out.

I'd pick London. Spicy, boozy, and sweet! Very autumnal. Burberry Brit is sweet, powdery, and not much else.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

I remember reading an article about mens fragrances in a magazine a couple of years ago and the reviewer referred to it as "chav spit".

Needless to say he wasn't a fan!

I would say Brit for sure because it's so unusual, which tends to read exclusive and pricey. I think Brit and Bleu are very different animals.

Do I want others to smell it? If so, I go with frags like Listen for Men or Pheromone for Men (Miglin). If I want the frag to be mild, I can go with Perry Ellis or Diesel Zero Plus au Masculin. The reason is that I doubt I'll be paying much attention to the frag, so I'd rather go with a "cheapo" that smells good.

As to the ones you mentioned, I haven't tried the new Chanel and would probably dislike it for any occasion. Brit is too woody for me, and I prefer Adidas Victory League, which is similar but more interesting. London isn't a bad choice, but I prefer the similar Cuba Red, which smells much better than it's price.

Quote Originally Posted by Serjery View Post

thanks!
    London is versatile, but very much a quintessential "fall" scent. It absolutely works well in the night, and I think that is the one that best fits the venue you mentioned. Brit is not really a seasonal scent - I think of it as more of a conservative formal wear, the kind of scent you'd expect your lawyer to wear.
    My wanted thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/265086 (currently in search of a bottle of Kiton Black)
    My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/270368

Another idea is Tiffany for Men. If you are going to pay retail for those three, I'd much rather go for the Tiffany.

The only men's fragrance I've tried from Chanel was Allure which didn't impress me at all. Brit I used to own (sadly) and London I currently own. I sprayed London on a few days ago just to wear around the house; I had missed it so much because it's been so hot out, and hard to wear, and is just sitting there on the dresser waiting for cooler weather to approach. I just can't wait until we get some cooler weather, because I can't get enough of London, it's truly a modern masterpiece.