Code of Conduct

Question Annik Goutal experts please help me !

Some years ago Annick Goutal created a very unique, but also very unwearable mens fragrance.It was a total flop and was promptly discontinued. I have looked for it in the basenotes directory, but it is not listed. I canīt remember the name of it. It was a fragrance created to represent burnt wood and contained lots of green and black tea to create this impression. Can anyone help me with the name and notes in this fragrance.
    Many thanks.

Default Re: Annik Goutal experts please help me !

It is Eau de Fier. It is based on Lapsang Souchon tea and has a huge amount of camphor and tar. I personally love it to death. It is not discontinued, but can be bought only in very few AG boutiques, namely Paris and for what I've heard also at the London and the Netherlands stores. I don't recommend a blind buy; purchase a sample first, that's what I did. When I finally got the chance to buy it from Paris, I was so enamored and in love with the scent, that the sales assistant literally doused me in it!
    Last edited by scent; 2nd October 2010 at 06:45 PM.

It's a great scent. Almost impossible to find. Luckily stocked up at the Rotterdam boutique a few years back when it was still available there.

WoW, Thanks very much for your help !
    I do find the fragrance very interesting and totally unique, but I personally find it unwearable because itīs so extreme.

You're welcome
    Personally I find that it works best on the skin, as the smoke and tar tend to die down as body heat increases; whereas on fabric the smokiness tends to stick around till the drydown.

it is an interesting scent. i am still working on my sample.

there is a partial bottle for sale here: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=7

Sur la Plage

I really like Eau du Fier - it's a great fragrance.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread