Code of Conduct

Default le male vs vasace the dreamer

Hello guys, i want to purchase the dreamer but want to find out if the smell is similar to le male.i smelled le male and didn't like it bcos of the dull and powdery smell and wouldnt want to near the dreamer if it smells anyting like it.please help me make a decision.i will be very grateful.

Blog Entries

Default Re: le male vs vasace the dreamer

It is like Le Male in the vaguest possible way. The Dreamer is more like a fresh, sweet, clean laundry smell

Dreamer has no powdery smell too it. Not close to Le Male at all. The only thing it has in common with it is both have great projection, longevity and women seem to love it. Other than that no similarity between the two. It's hard to describe it cause there are few others that are similar to Dreamer, at least that I've smelled before. You should get a sample of it though. It has an opening that some really don't like and could turn you off. I myself love the opening but if you read the directory reviews you'll see there are plenty who don't. So this is a sample scent, I don't recommend blind buying it. It's pretty common at mall shops like perfumania so you can stop in there and give it a go to help decide.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

sample it. i was about to buy the dreamer, then i sampled it. i hated the opening. so i wont be buying it. i actually love le male's smell, and it doesnt have a harsh opening.

The drydowns are different though many notes are similar. Le Male is too crude for me, whereas Dreamer really smooths out. I also like the powdery iris note and clear tobacco note in Dreamer. You, however, may like the more "upfront" qualities of Le Male (I'm only talking drydowns here, as I avolid top notes).

Basenotes Plus

Not really similar IMO and The Dreamer is the better option.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 4th September 2012 at 06:44 PM.

le male is a panty dropper

Pipsta hit it on the head.
    Similarities only lye in sillage and appeal to women. I definitely agree with you on Le Male though, too powdery for my liking.
    One thing I definitely do recommend about The Dreamer though, I try not to use it if temperatures are above 70-75 F, I find that on me at least, The Dreamer can become soapy and itself powdery in higher temperatures. Also think it's a much better special occasion, evening scent than an everyday scent. Top isn't bad if applied properly, and drydown is the stuff of legends.
    Go with The Dreamer, and if you still want a "panty dropper" Le Male like fragrance without the extra "umph", try cheapy Cuba Gold. Smells very similar just toned down a bit and can be easily attained for under $15.

I don't think they are remotely close.....I have owned both, but Dreamer will be the only one I will be re-buying. Not that I don't like le Male, but I don't LOVE it, plus it is more common, which is a big thing with me. The only drawback with Dreamer is the initial blast can be a little harsh...give it a few minutes to settle down and I think you will be very pleased!

The only similarity between the 2, is that they are both night time scents, better off in cooler weather. Other than that, they are world's apart. The Dreamer seems to be more of an acquired taste while Le Male is more for the masses. Most people love Le Male, but The Dreamer may be a little harder to pull off. They're both powdery but not in a bad way, like Burberry Brit. Many dislike powdery frags, yet still love Le Male and The Dreamer. The powdery accord in both is never too overpowering, although definitely noticeable, where as in Brit, it's sickly, cloying, doesn't blend well with the rest of the fragrance and is competing for the top the entire time.

Back on the main topic though, the differences in THESE 2 are everything. The Dreamer is a bit more sophisticated, while Le Male is more for anyone. The Dreamer is basically tobacco/powder, Le Male is basically vanilla/powder. While of course there are lots of other notes you get whiffs of, the general layouts of these guys are as stated, at least to my nose. Vanilla may be a more versatile note, easier on the nose, which is while Le Male is such a big hit for many. The Dreamer focuses more on the tobacco which is more of an acquired taste, less versatile, and even harsh to some.

For somebody like myself, I'd go with The Dreamer probably. Mostly because I already have an inexpensive Le Male alternative called Cuba Gold, which rocks my world. It's better than Le Male imo, and the price is unbeatable. Over the years, Le Male has been very much copied, so it's not so original anymore. The Dreamer stands out much more, I have found little, if any fragrance that share similarities with it. My choice: The Dreamer.

Banned
    Blog Entries

both are similar, both are great scents, but le male gets the edge for smelling great the second it is applied rather than waiting an hour

Different to my nose. Le Male is better IMO.

Le Male is much more people friendly than Dreamer. Dreamer has a harsh side that is off putting to some (have yet to find a person around me who likes it, Le Male on the other hand is very easily likeable)

I don't really get much similarity, other than maybe they put off a similar "vibe." The Dreamer, for me, is way better.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    Dreamer has no powdery smell too it. Not close to Le Male at all. The only thing it has in common with it is both have great projection, longevity and women seem to love it. Other than that no similarity between the two. It's hard to describe it cause there are few others that are similar to Dreamer, at least that I've smelled before. You should get a sample of it though. It has an opening that some really don't like and could turn you off. I myself love the opening but if you read the directory reviews you'll see there are plenty who don't. So this is a sample scent, I don't recommend blind buying it. It's pretty common at mall shops like perfumania so you can stop in there and give it a go to help decide.
    Come on, seriously? No difference at all? The dreamer isn't powdery? I would disagree entirely.

The Dreamer and Le Male both have strong lavender notes mixed with dry sweetness. In The Dreamer the sweetness is more tonka bean, and in Le Male it's more vanilla (even though it also contains a fair amount of tonka bean), but the combination is very similar. There are only few other fragrances I can think of that feature this dry sweetness mixed with lavender combination.

I think there is more different about these fragrances than there is the same. I could easily see how someone could love one and hat the other. They are both quite unique, but to say that they have nothing in common doesn't make any sense to me. Many people have commented that they are somewhat alike.

I find them related too. Both powdery. Le Male is much more fun, whereas The Dreamer was a scrubber for me. Le Male comes in a very sexy bottle, The Dreamer does not.

Dependent

test em both try em out. le male better though

The dreamer smells like tobacco in the dry down and i think more mature than le male. However you will need more confidence to pull off the dreamer imo. I love the dreamer and think it is better, but it isnt a frag i suggest blind buying unless you can get it cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    The Dreamer is more like a fresh, sweet, clean laundry smell
    Yes, but the laundry is folded by someone smoking a high quality cigarette. Good stuff.

The Dreamer is strong and powdery. Not as sweet as Le Male.
    Last edited by Alvus; 5th September 2012 at 03:20 AM. Reason: updated

i smell tobacco and baby powder.

That's funny, finally someone who notices the similarity. I personally prefer Le Male over the Dreamer.

- - - Updated - - -

That's funny, finally someone who notices the similarity. I personally prefer Le Male over the Dreamer.

There might be some similarity, but the drydown of these two scents is almost entirely different: Versace The Dreamer brings an extra tobacco edge to it.