Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Funniest review ever / Katie Puckrik and Secretions Magnifiques!

This is hilarious. I almost feel sorry for her.

"Silkwood shower.."

After watching this I still have no desire to try this "fragrance"....EVER!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: Funniest review ever / Katie Puckrik and Secretions Magnifiques!

I loved this review! I must've watched it 3 times. I love her reaction!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

And I just have to say, I love those dimples...
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

"Smells like a crime scene" lol

She's great, perky and a hottie. Surprised the cable networks haven't picked her up to do a show.

I love her way of reviewing, a lot of humor, and I think she's the most beautiful fragrance reviewer

Big K.P. fan here, too.

Katie is fabulous. And she made me hoot with laughter during this review!

Yeah, here's another fan of her reviews.

LOL! LOL! This didn't just make my day and also persuade to not try this fragrance pretty soon, I also feel an unexpected urge for more crime films/crime fiction
    Currently wearing: Lancetti Uomo by Lancetti

I smelled a sample of it last week and I have to say that Katie's description is actually pretty accurate. It was the first time ever that a fragrance sample made me feeling a little bit sick. It is quite artistic but who on earth would buy a full bottle of this stuff other then for practical jokes and/or elaborate insurance frauds?

Why indeed, Katy. ELdO seem to think they're so "shocking".

Like I've said before, there's a reason why the great houses haven't tried to mix camel dung with essence of tram tickets and bottle the results. No gimmicks necessary.

I'd love to see Dynamite Dennis review this one though!
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

I love Katie so much and have been trying to persuade her to write a fume orientated book . Teresa also reviewed it a while back too and her video is just a funny too !!

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Katie is a cutie. Hilarious review and who knows..maybe she nailed it!

(For anyone who has not seen it--a Silkwood Shower references the hard scrub brush shower scenes by fully protectively suited assistants Meryl Streep's character in the movie Silkwood had to endure to rid her outer body of nuclear reactive materials contamination )
    Last edited by kbe; 3rd October 2010 at 10:49 PM.
    "Are you a god?"
    "No"
    "Are you a wizard?"
    "No"
    "Are you a man?"
    "No"
    "Then what are you?"
    "I am awake.."
    Currently wearing: Aramis by Aramis

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Katie is a delight to watch. She could be reviewing power tools and I'd still be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Katie is a cutie. Hilarious review and who knows..maybe she nailed it!

(For anyone who has not seen it--a Silkwood Shower references the hard scrub brush shower scenes by fully portectively suited assistants Meryl Streep's character in the movie Silkwood had to endure to rid her outer body of nuclear reactive materials contamination )
    And Jicky is kitty poop, while Island Lavender is monks crotch, whereas Fracas is human shit You just tapped into at the picnic area, You don't mind the toilet tissue, do You?

It's so brummagem to bash Secretions Magnifique by now. The name of the scent is laden with memories of disgusting reviews performed by snotty consumers, a self -non-seller. Anyhow, it seems to be intended by the editor.

I mean, if You as a woman or man in Your adult days never enjoyed (!) to smell semen or saliva what should an open minded person comment on that? Not that SM smells exactly of it, never mind the "notes". But it has been a predetermination of the perception of the frag. In some parallel to rock 'N roll that SM is retained to please those with a sympathy for the devil

What a riot. And the cheery hostess is so charming and fun. Loved it.

I like a lot of her reviews.

I just watched this yesterday. Count me among the many who are crushing a bit on Katie.

I love her reviews so much! She is really very funny. In her fragrance collection presentation videos, in the last one, when she has shown all her bottles, she looks at the camera and says: "I have a problem! aha!" I think I couldn't stop laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    LOL! LOL! This didn't just make my day and also persuade to not try this fragrance pretty soon, I also feel an unexpected urge for more crime films/crime fiction
    The elegance with which she said, "oh, this is SO disgusting" is hilarious. I think I woke my neighbors laughing my guts (secretions?) out. Absolutely the best review I've seen or heard.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    She's great, perky and a hottie. Surprised the cable networks haven't picked her up to do a show.
    If she had her own show, I would never miss an episode.
    And I agree, she is absolutely beautiful. Very cute. She seems to have a wonderful personality as well.
    Her husband is a lucky guy.

i love katie!
    best video lol
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

I like her review style, very tounge in check, does not take herself too seriously, but at the same time very well informed.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    This is hilarious. I almost feel sorry for her.

"Silkwood shower.."

After watching this I still have no desire to try this "fragrance"....EVER!
    "<blah bla blah> I never smelled it before! ..." - tata tata tata - "... Oh no, oh no, that's horrifiying!" - "I can't believe.. !!!!" - "Oh, no, why!" ... "... oh so disgusting!" - "oh ... oh ... oh .. no ... no" ... <some kinda climax of revolting olfactory experience>

I'm impressed, really. As ever, well informed Katie!

ps: I shoot myself now taking an other 2 spritzes while drinking good Riesling Rhine vine ... longevity IS a prob with this one as I had 4 other today already: oh oh oh can't stand it .. uh ha oh!!

That review was fun, thanks for posting the link.

My recollection is that a few people here came up with the "Crime Scene" description several years ago in our discussions of this revolting scent.

I personally think that such a description is way too kind, and understates how horrid it actually is.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    That review was fun, thanks for posting the link.
    No problem. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I've only seen one review that compares... (note - some heavy profanity ensues, it's hilarious)
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 5th October 2010 at 12:51 AM.
    Tom Ford Splits: ORIGINAL AMBER ABSOLUTE AVAILABLE (PreReformulation)!!!
    ONE LEFT:
    Italian Cypress, Azure Lime, Costa Azzura, Patchouli Absolu, Mandarino Di Amalfi

Also: Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir, Neroli Portofino, Lavender Palm, Plum Japonais, Champacca Absolute
    Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    I've only seen one review that compares...
    LOL
    From a crying penis to a bloody hand job that is cleaned up with milk! GAG!!!!!!!!!
    All the F-Bombs has to tell you something.

Top Gear has nothing over Katie Puckrik and I like Top Gear a lot.

Mrs. J and I laughed and laughed the day she posted her review on YouTube.