Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Funniest review ever / Katie Puckrik and Secretions Magnifiques!

This is hilarious. I almost feel sorry for her.

"Silkwood shower.."

After watching this I still have no desire to try this "fragrance"....EVER!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: Funniest review ever / Katie Puckrik and Secretions Magnifiques!

I loved this review! I must've watched it 3 times. I love her reaction!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

And I just have to say, I love those dimples...
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

"Smells like a crime scene" lol

She's great, perky and a hottie. Surprised the cable networks haven't picked her up to do a show.

I love her way of reviewing, a lot of humor, and I think she's the most beautiful fragrance reviewer

Big K.P. fan here, too.

Katie is fabulous. And she made me hoot with laughter during this review!

Yeah, here's another fan of her reviews.

LOL! LOL! This didn't just make my day and also persuade to not try this fragrance pretty soon, I also feel an unexpected urge for more crime films/crime fiction

I smelled a sample of it last week and I have to say that Katie's description is actually pretty accurate. It was the first time ever that a fragrance sample made me feeling a little bit sick. It is quite artistic but who on earth would buy a full bottle of this stuff other then for practical jokes and/or elaborate insurance frauds?

Why indeed, Katy. ELdO seem to think they're so "shocking".

Like I've said before, there's a reason why the great houses haven't tried to mix camel dung with essence of tram tickets and bottle the results. No gimmicks necessary.

I'd love to see Dynamite Dennis review this one though!
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

I love Katie so much and have been trying to persuade her to write a fume orientated book . Teresa also reviewed it a while back too and her video is just a funny too !!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Katie is a cutie. Hilarious review and who knows..maybe she nailed it!

(For anyone who has not seen it--a Silkwood Shower references the hard scrub brush shower scenes by fully protectively suited assistants Meryl Streep's character in the movie Silkwood had to endure to rid her outer body of nuclear reactive materials contamination )
    Last edited by kbe; 3rd October 2010 at 11:49 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Katie is a delight to watch. She could be reviewing power tools and I'd still be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Katie is a cutie. Hilarious review and who knows..maybe she nailed it!

(For anyone who has not seen it--a Silkwood Shower references the hard scrub brush shower scenes by fully portectively suited assistants Meryl Streep's character in the movie Silkwood had to endure to rid her outer body of nuclear reactive materials contamination )
    And Jicky is kitty poop, while Island Lavender is monks crotch, whereas Fracas is human shit You just tapped into at the picnic area, You don't mind the toilet tissue, do You?

It's so brummagem to bash Secretions Magnifique by now. The name of the scent is laden with memories of disgusting reviews performed by snotty consumers, a self -non-seller. Anyhow, it seems to be intended by the editor.

I mean, if You as a woman or man in Your adult days never enjoyed (!) to smell semen or saliva what should an open minded person comment on that? Not that SM smells exactly of it, never mind the "notes". But it has been a predetermination of the perception of the frag. In some parallel to rock 'N roll that SM is retained to please those with a sympathy for the devil

What a riot. And the cheery hostess is so charming and fun. Loved it.

I like a lot of her reviews.

I just watched this yesterday. Count me among the many who are crushing a bit on Katie.

I love her reviews so much! She is really very funny. In her fragrance collection presentation videos, in the last one, when she has shown all her bottles, she looks at the camera and says: "I have a problem! aha!" I think I couldn't stop laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    LOL! LOL! This didn't just make my day and also persuade to not try this fragrance pretty soon, I also feel an unexpected urge for more crime films/crime fiction
    The elegance with which she said, "oh, this is SO disgusting" is hilarious. I think I woke my neighbors laughing my guts (secretions?) out. Absolutely the best review I've seen or heard.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    She's great, perky and a hottie. Surprised the cable networks haven't picked her up to do a show.
    If she had her own show, I would never miss an episode.
    And I agree, she is absolutely beautiful. Very cute. She seems to have a wonderful personality as well.
    Her husband is a lucky guy.

i love katie!
    best video lol
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

I like her review style, very tounge in check, does not take herself too seriously, but at the same time very well informed.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    This is hilarious. I almost feel sorry for her.

"Silkwood shower.."

After watching this I still have no desire to try this "fragrance"....EVER!
    "<blah bla blah> I never smelled it before! ..." - tata tata tata - "... Oh no, oh no, that's horrifiying!" - "I can't believe.. !!!!" - "Oh, no, why!" ... "... oh so disgusting!" - "oh ... oh ... oh .. no ... no" ... <some kinda climax of revolting olfactory experience>

I'm impressed, really. As ever, well informed Katie!

ps: I shoot myself now taking an other 2 spritzes while drinking good Riesling Rhine vine ... longevity IS a prob with this one as I had 4 other today already: oh oh oh can't stand it .. uh ha oh!!

That review was fun, thanks for posting the link.

My recollection is that a few people here came up with the "Crime Scene" description several years ago in our discussions of this revolting scent.

I personally think that such a description is way too kind, and understates how horrid it actually is.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    That review was fun, thanks for posting the link.
    No problem. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I've only seen one review that compares... (note - some heavy profanity ensues, it's hilarious)
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 5th October 2010 at 01:51 AM.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    I've only seen one review that compares...
    LOL
    From a crying penis to a bloody hand job that is cleaned up with milk! GAG!!!!!!!!!
    All the F-Bombs has to tell you something.

Top Gear has nothing over Katie Puckrik and I like Top Gear a lot.

Mrs. J and I laughed and laughed the day she posted her review on YouTube.

Blog Entries

He he. This is my first time watching either of these women. Katie seemed nice enough, but I think I could actually hang out with the foul-mouthed girl in the green shirt. As smart as I try to pretend I am when I'm writing reviews, I think I'm actually much more like her when I actually smell things, laughing and cursing and largely inappropriate...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Love her videos!

Blog Entries

Great reviews! Each one hilarious in its own way!

(Katie is definitely a cutie, but I simply can't resist a woman who drops "piperidine" and "secondary dialkylamines" while laughing about a gnarly frag! )

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    Katie seemed nice enough, but I think I could actually hang out with the foul-mouthed girl in the green shirt.
    I have watched a few of her reviews. This is the first time I heard her curse like that.
    It kind of took me by surprise. I guess it just goes to show how foul the stench really is.

"...a day at the Chernobyl..."

"...these crabs are nuclear and they've been living in industrial waste that's gushing from some sort of factory that's filled with disease..."

LOLLLL. Great video!

It's not a bad scent when I tried it. I didn't find it disgusting though it did give me a bit of a headache like most of the Etat scents. I find them all to be highly synthetic. They all have an air freshener vibe about them.

Default Katie Puckrik

Quote Originally Posted by Paninaro View Post
    "...a day at the Chernobyl..."

"...these crabs are nuclear and they've been living in industrial waste that's gushing from some sort of factory that's filled with disease..."

LOLLLL. Great video!
    ... I finally made it! After having 2 extra spritzes of SM for the night I didn't expect to survive the nap. Alas, a suicide commited by SM has clearly been prevented by IFRA regulations. If that not would have been I would be sitting besides ol' godfather @ the Angels, A*Men, enjoying extra compensation having Pure Malt for breakfast!

Those vilains didn't only ruin Mitsouko but Secretions Magnifique too! A pitty, alas to be lived up.

I'm not sure if I get the pretty picture right: Chernobyl. As far as I know it burnt from the coal (in form of graphite) that had been in the reactor as a moderator. The heavy water type wouldn't have burnt but melted through the lithossphere. I guess I'm as dump as cutie Katie on that topic. So - what the heck is she talking about?

Same with the green girl. And guess what, my stepdaughter reacted as that when I applied it to her after she didn't mind the smelly smell on me, go figure! No clues of what that SM is!

Earnest, is a review a free association of things one is not at all informed of? Of course an element of SM is a very clean metallic outworldish "foul". So, once identified, what else? To be worthwhile a review should objectify personal experience and comunicate in a way that others get an idea in a controllable way. If words fail in the setting of a review it would be better to keep quiet in the first place, rethink and come back again, then talk.

btw: Katie describes herself as a former groopie and having had her own TV show some time ago. She knows how to flirt with the camera in a typical British way. Enjoy.

there is something cheese about her but she is sexy. Very "hollywood" like .
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

fountain

irritatingly self-satisfied in the vein of the least inspired american stand-up comedians. she can't even pronounce the name of the frag correctly.
    Last edited by fountain; 4th October 2010 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fountain View Post
    irritatingly self-satisfied in the vein of the least inspired american stand-up comedians. she can't even pronounce the name of the frag correctly.
    I dont have any feelings towards her But stop drinking Hatorade =] , and enjoy the funny review.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

fountain

Quote Originally Posted by ohhmygod View Post
    I dont have any feelings towards her But stop drinking Hatorade =] , and enjoy the funny review.
    why hatorade, ohhmygod? relax; it's just my personal opinion.

why hatorade, ohhmygod? relax; it's just my personal opinion.
    People love to bash Secretions Magnifiques. They think it is intended to be bashed, kinda punching bag. The most revolting reactions wins! Of course this delectable show has to be presented by otherwise sexy women. What can be more arousing than a woman gagging on a fragrance that is said to resemble sperm, blood and other bodily secretions.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThingy View Post
    People love to bash Secretions Magnifiques. They think it is intended to be bashed, kinda punching bag. The most revolting reactions wins! Of course this delectable show has to be presented by otherwise sexy women. What can be more arousing than a woman gagging on a fragrance that is said to resemble sperm, blood and other bodily secretions.

Earnest, how much fun would it have been, if she would have given up her flirting tone for a sincere review just with this one? A professoral attitude decomposing the frag into components of metal, rot, flower, crabs and may be radioactivity, if she knew what that is. Some comments on longevity and zillage, recommendations on where to wear it, if at all.

But reiterated, this is just as exhibitionistic as any other review not only of hers: look what I enjoy - but this one with the signs switched. Do You see how much FUN she has in showing off her disgust? Females are asked to react as that to "bloody/metallic notes". Guess why.

Sorry but you are so far about the only person I have heared to be interested in longevity or sillage of this particular scent. I don't think there are many people who actually take this for anything but a obscure and unwearable novelty, thus the reviews (also done by males) are less serious in tone.

Wow! Some people are too freaking serious.
    Give me a break!
    Laugh once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    Sorry but you are so far about the only person I have heared to be interested in longevity or sillage of this particular scent. I don't think there are many people who actually take this for anything but a obscure and unwearable novelty, thus the reviews (also done by males) are less serious in tone.
    What he said.

By the way, who's Earnest?

Default PS: Funniest fragrance ever / Secretions Magnifiques enlightens Katie Puckrik

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    What he said.

By the way, who's Earnest?
    ... o/k, it's "earnestly said" or, as I meant it: me the candid/earnest man says this ... blah blah ... read my post!

I encourage every man to look up the "review" and to enjoy the fun to watch a sexy woman loughing and gagging on perfumers "notes" of <bodily secretions>. I know it is a game to show oneself digusted. Some kind of Karaoke sing along. And she, Katie does it with some kind of British cool. Great, but only more of the same. Artsy this could have been if she thought about it first. May be she takes a course on nuclear technology or two too as to refine her arsenal of mataphors.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    Sorry but you are so far about the only person ... many people ... actually take this for anything but a obscure and unwearable novelty, thus the reviews (also done by males) are less serious in tone.
    It is by any means a certain smell, a scent, a fargrance. It is calculated not only by the kidding artwork, but the concoction is too. That calculation can be deconstructed to reveal the perfumers intentions, his thoughts, feelings and what the fragrance itself may have to say.

A "review" may absurdly duplicate the fragrances intentions by playing its game to be revolting. Or a review could give it a further twist in seriously dealing with it. Alas, the achievable dadaistical effect fails to bloom due to juvenile silliness. I's like showing the Baccus of Rubens to 12 year olds.

http://www.foodnews.ch/allerlei/30_k..._Bacchus_m.jpg

... o/k, it's "earnestly said" or, as I meant it: me the candid/earnest man says this ... blah blah ... read my post!

I encourage every man to look up the "review" and to enjoy the fun to watch a sexy woman loughing and gagging on perfumers "notes" of <bodily secretions>. I know it is a game to show oneself digusted. Some kind of Karaoke sing along. And she, Katie does it with some kind of British cool. Great, but only more of the same. Artsy this could have been if she thought about it first. May be she takes a course on nuclear technology or two too as to refine her arsenal of mataphors.
    It is by any means a certain smell, a scent, a fargrance. It is calculated not only by the kidding artwork, but the concoction is too. That calculation can be deconstructed to reveal the perfumers intentions, his thoughts, feelings and what the fragrance itself may have to say.

A "review" may absurdly duplicate the fragrances intentions by playing its game to be revolting. Or a review could give it a further twist in seriously dealing with it. Alas, the achievable dadaistical effect fails to bloom due to juvenile silliness. I's like showing the Baccus of Rubens to 12 year olds.

http://www.foodnews.ch/allerlei/30_k..._Bacchus_m.jpg
    Whatever!
    No one forced you to continue watching it.
    I'm sorry if it offended your obviously, very (cough) intellectual mind.

I just posted something that I thought would make a fun thread.
    But I guess some people are above it.

Indeed. I think it's impossible for him to not sound condescending.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

AromiErotici

Can ANYONE other than WildThingy tell me WTF he was ranting about?

This review. It's very immature and juvenile. I no laugh.

Plus lots of words with a condescending tone.
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    This review. It's very immature and juvenile. I no laugh.

Plus lots of words with a condescending tone.

Yes.....I got the gist of his tirade, but I don't seem to understand why anyone would become defensive about a multitude of others abhorring the smell of semen, blood and milk.

He's lucky he didn't see me sampling this scent.

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    It was more like babbling aka diarrhea of the mouth!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Absolutely. ..uhh...ummm... that is to say...in other words, it...
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

AromiErotici

Ahhhhhhhh.....thank you all for clearing this up.

The olfactory hermeneutical dialectic of the plebians is repugnant for someone from his erudite sphere.

It's very Kafkaesque. Only, you know - not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    The olfactory hermeneutical dialectic of the plebians is repugnant for someone from his erudite sphere.

It's very Kafkaesque. Only, you know - not.
    Ha ha. That is priceless
    Kudos to you.

Yes.....I got the gist of his tirade, but I don't seem to understand why anyone would become defensive about a multitude of others abhorring the smell of semen, blood and milk.

He's lucky he didn't see me sampling this scent.
    Yes, conde-scent-ing notes here and there. How does it smell?

The fragrance called Secretions Magnifiques still has a glimmering polarizing effect to it. Some take its "note" literaturely (Kafka) others vomit all over the artistic concept to share their input to the cultural evidence of scent in society as a hole.

I don't play with words here, despite being the motto, I gave in my last so called "tirades":

if you don't like it, enjoy!

But please let me do the same with such "reviews", I did enjoy Katie a lot, as she herself obviously did enjoy her revolting - thank You "AromiErotici"

I actually agree.
    Last edited by Abliss; 5th October 2010 at 09:41 AM.