Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Which fragrances are sexy on women?

This is kind of tit-for-tat, since there have been so many threads on 'which fragrances that men wear do women find sexy'.
    I haven't seen one thread that asks the reverse question.

So tell us, gentlemen: which fragrance or fragrances have you smelt on a woman and thought 'I say!' (in a good way).
    Alternatively, is there a scent that when you smell it on a woman you immediately think of asking for her phone number?

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Oh - and if you could give a hint as to what kind of lady you smelt this scent on it would be interesting too, I think (younger/older/casual/dressy etc).
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Default Re: Which fragrances are sexy on women?

Worth Je Reviens- almost any age, as long as associated with a more classic personal style and appearance
    Bvlgari Jasmin Noir- somehow timeless but still very up-to-date kind of temptress, possibly with exotic, non-generic or eccentric features
    Le Dix by Balenciaga- truly a grand dame which hasn't lost her attractiveness, wits or sense of style
    Guerlain Insolence- young but dressy, even formal

These are the frags in combination with the prospective wearer which would BOTH capture my attention

Arabian wood to me is a sexy scent for a girl, it has woods with rose so the deepness of the wood but the femininity of the rose makes it very sexy to me.

Jasmin Imp eug: I do not know why but I find this scent to be sexy in its own way and I cannot explain why, the rose, vanilla and sandalwood mixture for some reason makes it deep, dark and sexy. Both of these scents I have mentioned so far have a lusty sexyness to it , very serious scents as far as what their intentions are. Very suggestive.

Acqua fiorentina has a fresh sexyness to it that would be a good daytime/signature scent for a girl. It is not a scent that makes you want to get busy per se, but it is more of a "you smell very nice" type of smell. More of an innocent sexyness.

Angel for women is a nice sexual gourmand, with the chocolate, vanilla, honey, coffee, etc it makes it come off very suggestive as well.

Coco chanel: This young fruity type of fragrance to me has a certain sexyness to it as well, kind of a tropical vibe the last time I smelled it. Very nice for a young girl.

This is a great question. Seems I have developed some idiosyncratic associations to fragrance types.
    If worn by a woman, fragrances with a predominate musk component have a hypnotic effect on me. Of course the effect is greater if the woman is otherwise attractive. From what I have read in BN, I might be in the minority of men in this regard.
    Conversely, I cannot remember encountering a woman wearing a sharp citrus fragrance and thinking "That is sexy".
    Predominately floral scents are common for more formal or reserved environments, so they do not seem particularly sexy to me.
    Powdery fragrances rarely seem sexy to me. Unless it is a powdery musk. That might make me a little weak in the knees.
    The one fragrance that I consider extremely sexy on a woman is Carnal Flower.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

On the right woman, in the right outfit, many perfumes can be outright sexy to me!

Fun & flirty:
    Gucci Rush - this lactonic chypre gets me every single time. Perfect flirty fragrance, if worn judiciously.
    Chanel Coco Mademoiselle - very popular & its easy to see why. Love the lychee note.
    Moschino Glamour! - lolitas lol

Chic, sophisticated, confident:
    Chanel Coco - perfect with smart officewear or cocktail dress
    Original Vetiver - elegant & less intimidating than Coco.

Femme Fatales:-
    Chanel Cuir de Russie
    Caron Tabac Blond
    - cougar alert!

Soft & feminine:-
    Just look for Francis Kurkdjian compositions - this guy is a genius at florals!

Sensual, intimate ( evening romantic wear, lingerie )
    Tubereuse-driven e.g. FM Carnal Flower, HdP Tubereuse Capriceuse
    Floral leather e.g. Daim Blond/ Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Orientals e.g. Guerlain Samsara, Shalimar, YSL Opium
    By Kilian Back to Black
    Anything with prominent lipstick notes ( I dig it!)

Interestingly on a more personal note, I just love smelling Chanels on women!

I honestly don't know enough different women's scents to make the distinctions. I do know Angel, and it does stop me dead in my tracks on women. If I smell it in a crowd, I will find out who is wearing it. It may be the female equivalent to Le Male or AdG, but it works on driving me looney.

I like women who wear scents, and honestly, almost anything smells good on women to me. If I'm attracted to a woman, the scent is almost like cheating...one more thing to drive me nuts. I guess I mostly appreciate women that seem to choose a scent that suits them well, and are able to strike that balance which projects just enough to capture your attention. I've run into a lot of women that are masters of that.

My dream woman wears Elizabeth Taylor's Passion. She says it's the only scent that works on her. I don't know that I would like it on anyone else- I've come to associate it with her. She has also mastered that ability to wear it at just the right level between "hey there" and "come a little closer." THAT is what will drive me crazy.

Its not about fragrance but about overall image of women. Woman that doesn't care at all about her appearance and clothes will not be considered sexy with just using magic perfume .

Anyway I like heavy stuff like Angel / Alien on self confident alpha females. On more shy/innocent types of girls Versace Bright Crystal do the work.
    Last edited by dreamer81; 3rd October 2010 at 05:50 PM.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

I liked DKNY Fresh Blossom from the sample. If I ever pass a woman with it on, I would melt.

David Yurman perfume is what I like best on women.

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    So tell us, gentlemen: which fragrance or fragrances have you smelt on a woman ... think of asking for her phone number?
    None, for obvious reasons! I like the real thing, the straight guy I am, grrrmmmmm ... even dismissing any functional fragrance for shower, soap or lipstick.

'Mean it!

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I honestly don't know enough different women's scents to make the distinctions. I do know Angel, and it does stop me dead in my tracks on women. If I smell it in a crowd, I will find out who is wearing it. It may be the female equivalent to Le Male or AdG, but it works on driving me looney.

I like women who wear scents, and honestly, almost anything smells good on women to me. If I'm attracted to a woman, the scent is almost like cheating...one more thing to drive me nuts. I guess I mostly appreciate women that seem to choose a scent that suits them well, and are able to strike that balance which projects just enough to capture your attention. I've run into a lot of women that are masters of that.

My dream woman wears Elizabeth Taylor's Passion. She says it's the only scent that works on her. I don't know that I would like it on anyone else- I've come to associate it with her. She has also mastered that ability to wear it at just the right level between "hey there" and "come a little closer." THAT is what will drive me crazy.
    You need to wear some vintage tabarome and reel that girl in lol

I find Coco by Chanel extremely sexy although I don't specifically remember recognizing it on a specific woman. I also find Calvin Klein's Euphoria very sexy. A younger woman at work used to wear it all the time and it smelled much better on her than it did when I smelled it on a tester strip.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThingy View Post
    None, for obvious reasons! I like the real thing, the straight guy I am, grrrmmmmm ...

You enjoy female B.O.? I do too occassionally. LOL

On two women in particular :
    1- Fashionista 'IT' girl who is fun, flirty & factors in @ about an 11 on the richter scale :
    Clive Christian X, Trish McEvoy Blackberry Vanilla Musk, Lola, Guerlain's Metalys, Dead Sexy & Love By Kilian

2- Laid back girl next door who could care less about the latest fashion who loves to laugh & keep
    things light :
    Jo Malone English Pear / Freesia, TFord Champaca, Habanita, Costamor Sugarwood, Chanel Cuir de Russie

Giving myself goosebumps just thinkin about those two.
    Last edited by SoGent; 3rd October 2010 at 09:19 PM.

This is fascinating stuff, chaps. Yes, I should say that - just as we ladies say when asked 'which fragrance makes a man irresistible?' - it's all very much down to the person, not the perfume.

However, I'm interested to read that so many of you find Angel a real head-turner, along with Coco Mademoiselle and Coco. I guess it goes to show that these perfumes are popular for a reason.

I'll carry on wearing my favourites, but I think I might be moving the bottle of Coco to the front of the shelf

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

In saying "it's the man and not the scent," I would believe "it's the woman and not her scent." It depends on the man, actually.

Some men like florals, some like musk, some like deep orientals, and others animalics.

I think you will find different answers for each man asked.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Dolce Vita by Dior.

I can't even spray it on my hand for fear of misbehaving

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    However, I'm interested to read that so many of you find Angel a real head-turner, along with Coco Mademoiselle and Coco. I guess it goes to show that these perfumes are popular for a reason.
    Yeah, Angel freaks me out. It cuts through everything else pretty fast.

I don't aways flirt with them, but it does always make me want to marry them for about 10 minutes or so.

Mugler really hit on something with that stuff. What is it with Angel? I guess my take on it is cotton candy more than anything. I didn't love the circus or anything like that.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 3rd October 2010 at 11:55 PM.

I don't know women's frags well enough to pick them out of sniff line up but the one I came across and I loved it enough to buy it for a female friend was Magical Moon by Hanae Mori.... just awesome.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Women's fragrances that work on me (e.g. think "Makes me" before each of the following):

Love her: Love In White, Creed
    Like her:Tommy Bahama (for her)
    Really Like her: Mariage, Amarige
    Lust her: Mood Succulent, Victoria's Secret

Mackie (Bob Mackie) achieved all those but that was about 20 years ago so my reaction (as well as my testosterone level) may have changed.
    Last edited by Sensual; 4th October 2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird
    Angel and Mademoiselle are the two that sprang immediately to mind when I saw this thread. Something about the sweet/raunchy, flowery/musky interplay in both just screams "SEXY!" But then, I think women smell incredibly sexy - not pretty, not sweet, but sexy - wearing men's fragrances, or women's frags with masculine notes or qualities. Failing that, rich orientals almost always perk my nose up and make me want to lean in closer. (And I'm a gay man.)

I like women who wear scents, and honestly, almost anything smells good on women to me. If I'm attracted to a woman, the scent is almost like cheating...one more thing to drive me nuts.
    Roger that...

I love SMW on a woman. It's a better fit with the female of the species.
    Last edited by adonis; 4th October 2010 at 04:35 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Wow - in response to the answers. I like a few - Dolce Vita , X for women , Amarige, Cuir de Russie and Caron Tabac Blond and own /owned some of these.
    I wouldn't ever go near Angel ( I received some once and gave it away immediately ) and I won't ever wear Coco Mademoiselle .
    Very interesting stuff !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Roger that...

I love SMW on a woman. It's a better fit with the female of the species.
    That is interesting, my girlfriend always thought it was more masculine than anything, but I guess that is because she loves smelling it on me.

Chanel Coco is my absolute #1 in female fragrances. Fits perfectly with formal wear, romantic occasions... not for clubbing or casual. EdP lasts forever, especially on fabrics (cashmere and such). Maybe one of the best frags ever. Rich and complex.

I would like to mention Trussardi by Trussardi - somehow forgotten and underestimated, I do not know why... but my #2 of all times. Sensual and mysterious.

Then comes Angel, but I have one problem - no lady I was dating since 1992. can not stand it!

As far as sexy goes the only kinds of fragrance that really work for me are chypres.

I do like pretty florals, dense florals, orientals, greens, and so on, but as good as those smell, they don't seem sexy to me.

A woman wearing a chypre, preferably a not too clean one and a vintage one, is the ne plus ultra of fragrant feminine sexiness!

fountain

scentless frags are the sexiest

Thumbs up Re: Which fragrances are sexy on women?

Jean Patou's JOY
    Caron's PARFUM SACRÉ
    Caron's POUR UN HOMME
    Robert Piguet FRACAS
    Robert Piguet BANDIT
    Emilio Pucci's VIVARA ( the original version )
    Guerlain's CHANT D'ARÔMES ( the original version )
    Guerlain's HABIT ROUGE
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Talking Re: Which fragrances are sexy on women?

once i met a girl whos wearing issey miyake, and i thought she was sexier than any girl i've ever met. maybe just me, because im into tomboy girl. well not exactly into rough sport kind of tomboy, i guess i just hate women who really2 into her looks, makeup, thick foundation etc. so yeah, i find women sexier on a men's citrusy fragrance dior homme is great choice imo

Pheromones(they are scentless) ; i have tried the synthetic which are sold widely
    Last edited by sophi; 4th October 2010 at 08:01 PM.
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

personally I find "Eau de Lust por Force of One" very sexy.....alas, it's a VERY hard scent to find.

I love Hugo Boss Deep Red on women, especially brunettes and red-heads.

The perfume I own which I would go to first for seductive purposes is Miller Harris' L'Air de Rien - oakmoss, vanilla and musk. To me, it smells like getting out of a lover's bed in the morning.
    Do you gentlemen have any experience of this one and if so, what do you think?

Lipstick Rose & Insolence EDP - these are both beautiful but require a sense of irony IMO - not every woman could (or would want to) carry these off.

L'Heure Bleue, Carnal Flower and recently someone I know wafted past in Bois Torride (I thought it might be Coromandel) and it was sensational on her

Osmanthe Yunnan, APOM Pour Femme also nice.

These are just from women I can actually ask

+1 on Coco Mademoiselle and Angel, both very sensual.
    L'Air de Rien Miller Harris is a complete killer, as well as the new Pure DKNY.
    Did anyone mentionned Shalimar? Gorgeous on a woman, lovely on a man
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Smile Re: Which fragrances are sexy on women?

I'm not a man, but thought perhaps I'd comment on which of my frags get the most comments from men....

Tom Ford Black Orchid
    Jungle L'Elephant by Kenzo
    Gaultier2
    Just Me by Montana
    Coco
    and.......
    Opium

I'm surprised no one mentioned Opium.

Thanks to the men for the interesting responses!

Flower Bomb.....This works fantastic on my Wife.....She is complimented all the time in public when She wears this.....My Favorite by far!!!
    Gary

It's hard for (most) women to make themselves smell sexier than they already do.

If you're inclined toward perfume (and hey, you're here), my only advice is to stay away from the florals, which I know is tough since that's 75% of what's out there for women. I haven't smelled many girls in gourmands, but I could see that really, really working. If you're trying to attract men, we're easy though. Just look pretty and smell like yourself
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Prada Amber Pour Homme on a woman in a casual setting is fantastic & I dream of the day when I come across a woman rocking Musc Ravageur

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    Flower Bomb.....This works fantastic on my Wife.....She is complimented all the time in public when She wears this.....My Favorite by far!!!
    Gary
    I like flowerbomb on my lady as well. Also, Queen by Queen Latifah.

I like Black Orchid on a woman - sexy and feminine.

hmm do you guys dig givenchy's very irresistible?? nice rosey chypre floral

Delicieuse Histoire by Hubert Maes
    &
    Tauer's -URV

My wife sometimes wears:

MFK Lumiere noire (pour femme)
    By Kilian Back to Black
    Micallef Une note vanillée
    Montale Red Oud

A couple years ago she used to wear Escada Collection, but alas, it is very difficult to find now.

Any one of these makes me weak at the knees (on her at least).

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    I like flowerbomb on my lady as well. Also, Queen by Queen Latifah.
    Same!

For some reason I've always found the original Dior Poison sexy as hell on a woman in a femme fatal kind of way, oh yeah!

Coco Mademoiselle-Chanel and Amor Amor-Cacharel...Mmmm.

there is a trend i am noticing here and i fit that trend as well....

NO heavy florals and definitely no heavily powdered scents....its very 'in your face' and almost seems to burn your nostrils...chanel #5 i'm looking at you...

i am naturally appealed my softer fruity floral musks and some lighter gourmands....Eclat Lanvin D'arpege(i would recommend this as everyday work fragrance for any woman), Chanel Chance(for younger female), Viva La Juicy for casual outdoor wear.....Bulgari Omnia Crystalline for summertime or dates...

P.S un jardin sur de nil is a playful sexy fragrance to me..

P.S # 2 someone mentioned that Angel is a female version of ADG....D&G Light Blue is by far and away The female version of ADG+Fierce.

Whatever my SotE was the night before...

I am going with Hypnose from Lancome... Sexy as hell.

I would say most women where I live wear the cheaper stuff, and probably 100% designer frags. Honestly it don't matter what a woman wears, but there are some I know that are sexy to me. CK1 smells way better on women than it does on men(way better), Lucky You for Women(I love to smell this on a woman), Lady Stetson(smells sexy to me I wish more women would wear it), and I know for a fact a woman wearing Angel, or Coco Madamoselle would be sexy(I love Coco Madomoselle). I smelled Tabu, and even though I didn't care for it I am sure it would be sexy as hell on the right woman.

Have any of you guys or gals smelled the Pussy fragrances(I am half tempted to test one LOL)?

I completely agree. If I'm crazy about someone, her fragrance just puts it over the top. It's intoxicating.
    How many sprays do you think your dream woman uses?

Quote Originally Posted by Gekisen View Post
    I completely agree. If I'm crazy about someone, her fragrance just puts it over the top. It's intoxicating.
    How many sprays do you think your dream woman uses?
    Honestly I don't even have to be attracted to chick for me to think she smells good, but it always helps. I think the sprays depends on the frag, but I don't want to have to try to hard to smell it.

+1 for Hugo Deep Red, and Opium.

My ex wears Jungle L'Elephant and it is very distinctive, but I'm sure if I'd never smelled it before it would pique my interest.

I can also suggest Kenzo Amour/various spinoffs from that, and Hypnotic Poison.

Strangely enough, an ex-colleague of mine used to wear Chloe and it smelled so sexy on her! I guess anything that isn't too light or too dry smells good to me.

I agree with many already listed

l'artisan parfumeur mûre et musc extrême..
    tom ford black orchid, tuscan leather..
    byredo accord oud, rose noire
    montale red aoud, yes can skip déssert lol
    by kilian back to black
    ASAQ's safari
    creed virgin island water
    ... and many others I have yet to discover lol

Nice thread!

First of all a sexy woman can come from all these categories younger/older/casual/dressy etc.

The scent is secondary observation as it's that inner energy thing that a female has that attracts me initially. It’s not the way she physically is, it’s the confident movements of the body that attracts me.

Scents a secondary thing because simply you have to be close quarter range in order to experience it. For the sake of this post lets assume we have moved onto the secondary part. lol

If she were dressed in a feminine way such as lace trimmings, light airy material clothes dress/skirt then floral frags would be a definite killer for me Rossine - Rose etc.. .

If she were dressed in trousers and jacket with a collared shirt SL - MKK would have me begging.

If she were dressed in black skirt with seamed back stockings and stilettos then MFK - Absolute Pour Le Soir would get me into a lot of trouble. Lol

If she was dressed in jeans and t-shirt then musk patchouli or santal base scent would definitely heighten my awareness – Santal Mysores might be the winner.

If she was wearing a bathing suit / Bikini etc.. Jo Malone Lime Basil + Mandarin and or Noir Pomegranate would produce the right effects on me.

If she was strap naked lying in bed I think I would prefer her natural scent – no other scent would be required

1. Angel- Mugler
    2. Coco Mademoiselle or Malibu (pink) by Pamela Anderson (essentially the same fragrance)
    3 Private Collection- Estee Lauder
    4. Youth Dew- Estee Lauder
    5. Magie Noire - Lancome
    6. Chanel No. 5- (there was a reason that it was the only thing that Marilyn Monroe wore in bed)
    7. Quelques Fleurs- Houbigant
    8. Fiori de Capri- Carthusia
    9. English Bouquet- D.R. Harris & Co.
    10. French Lime Blossom- Jo Malone
    11. Prada- ( I love this fragrance....I've considered wearing this myself!)

The wife wears no.'s 6-10....hence the inclusion and my fondness for the same.....wish I could get her to like some of the others!.....

1. Laila by Geir Ness
    2. Fleur by Floris
    3. Beautiful by Estee Lauder

Quote Originally Posted by WildThingy View Post
    None, for obvious reasons! I like the real thing, the straight guy I am, grrrmmmmm
    Me too! I like that one called "L'eau du vagin" hahahahahaha

Cool Re: Which fragrances are sexy on women?

Anything but Pink Sugar--It makes me feel as if someone needs an insulin injection.

Overall I'm a sucker for tuberose or gardenias. But overall I'm a sucker for anything an attractive woman is wearing.

"Why are women wearing perfumes that smell like flowers? Men don't like flowers. I've been wearing a great new scent. It's called New Car Interior. (Rita Rudner) "

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

There's alot of fumehoundery in here, and I can't speak on specific brands.

However.

There's a reason Vanilla is in two of the best selling mens cologne of all time Le Male and Obsession. It works, for both genders. So whatever does that well in a women's frag is your overall best bet. I recall an ex girlfriend that had a lovely vanilla body lotion and it just, worked. Furthermore, AVOID flowery, which is most of them, it's boring and guys don't really dig that.

Lastly. Wear a mans cologne! Men have stopped wearing them because women prefer feminine scents. Flip the script, it's what a mans nose is attracted to. Any scents with the ingredients found in Old Spice or English Leather - Sandalwood, Vetiver, etc.

Perhaps try something more uni sexual like Serge Lutens - Cherqui. I know if my girlfriend wore that I'd break a circuit. Also another thumbs up for Le Male, or Musc Ravegeur. In the end 'feminine' or 'masculine' is just a marketing term.