Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Talking Group is closed-- Malle Floral samples to pass around

Update edit: We have six members now so the group is closed.

I realize many of you don't live anywhere near Barney's and that Frédéric Malle samples are hard to come by.

When we visited Barney's this summer I obtained a few samples, and I still have another left from last year:

Lipstick Rose and Iris Poudre -- I sprayed each once
    Une Rose-- sample wasn't sprayed at all, because I bought this fragrance
    En Passant from last year --I sprayed this one twice.

Une Rose is very strong and at 25% concentration (the others are 12%-12.5%). I do not recommend using both sprays at once -- I sprayed it on twice at the store and nearly gassed myself out, finally having to scrub it off many hours later!

Also about Une Rose, you might want to try it once on skin and once on clothing -- I prefer the slower development myself; the fresher rose note lasts longer that way. That is just a suggestion-- do as you please! As an aside, in the store I sprayed Une Rose on a blotter and tucked the blotter into the credit application folder the SA gave me. It took a full 2 months for the fresh notes to progress to the spicier notes. And it's still going strong! That is one very long lasting perfume, folks.

The carded spray samples theoretically held 2 ml. when new. I'm estimating 7-8 sprays per ml, so these probably have 12 -16 sprays of fragrance in them.

Let's limit this group to 6 people so each one can get 2 sprays of each fragrance.

• USA only this time, please, and let's keep them no longer than 2 weeks, less time if possible.

• I'm bagging each sample in a separate zipper type plastic bag to help reduce evaporation and cross contamination. Please do the same before mailing to the next person.

• Please post when you receive and when you ship to the next person. Opinions are welcome too!

Note: If I don't already have your address, please PM me with it, and when we have 6 members I'll let each of you know whom to ship to. Last person ships back to me-- or if we get more than 6 people interested, the 7th will receive if there is still anything left in the vials.

If this works out well, then the next time I visit Barney's I'll request a few different samples and we can do this again.

Please feel free to participate even if you are new or if you are part of our current group passing fragrances around.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 12th October 2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: update

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Malle Floral Samples To Pass Around to 6 Basenoters, USA only please

Have tried all four and will not be interested, not this time. However, to other Basenoters: you guys grab that opportunity, it is very rare in its preciousness. And free of charge. And having a personal touch.

To 30R.: thanks again for going above and beyond. Hugs to you and mama.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Malle Floral Samples To Pass Around to 6 Basenoters, USA only please

Twolf, check your messages.

My sampling has been rather dormant of late, and I would love to participate in this...I think I have sampled two of these in the past, but it feels like a childhood memory at this point! Will pm you.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great, that's ONE!

Five more to go. Where is everyone today? Probably out enjoying the great weather while I slave over the stove, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Me again, 30 R... No Frederick Malle in this part of Texas! If it's not rude to take advantage of your generosity twice in a row, I would love to participate. And if it is rude, my apologies and just say so...
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's fine, welcome!

Also, even if someone has tried these before and just wants to try them again, and even if you own one or two of them, join us!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bumping this for anyone who missed it yesterday....

Guys are welcome to the group too.

I would love to sample Malle, never have been able to.
    But can one apply as a new basenotes member?
    I will be in America for a month, arriving Friday, does that count as ''America only''?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes indeed, we'll make sure you get the samples early on so you will have a chance to try them during your visit.

And yes newbies are welcome! We were all new here at one time.

Come on folks, we need 3 more BNers!
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 4th October 2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: typo

Waw! I am really excited! Thank you!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Anyone else? We have room for 3 more to join the group. Guys are welcome too.

I'm mailing the package to FrouFrou first because of her time constraints and it is going out today.

Edit:
    The package is on its way to FrouFrou but we still have room for 3 more Basenoters.
    Even if there's only one you haven't tried, join the group!
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 4th October 2010 at 07:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried any of these and would love to participate if you're still taking names.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yay, you're #4! Please PM me your address and you'll be 4th to get the samples.

There's room for 2 more, folks. Anyone?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bump

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dennard has joined us.

There is still room for one more!

What a kind and generous offer, 30Roses!
    I've tried them all so will give someone else a chance. Just wanted to say I love these threads, especially after a day full of emails that are, let's say, not as warm and generous!
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's kind of you to say.

Sorry you've had unpleasant emails to deal with!

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be grateful if there's still room!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes! Okay, we have our six.

The group is closed and the order of mailing is:

1. FrouFrou (samples are already in the mail heading to where FrouFrou is staying while she's in the USA)
    2. coopmom
    3. rtamara41
    4. NebraskaLovesScents
    5. Dennard
    6. PerfumedLady

Then back to me if there is any perfume left, unless there is someone else who asks to be a backup recipient. (I've estimated how many sprays in the vials but it's possible there may be a bit left over when all 6 have tried them.)

Have fun and tell us which (if any) you like!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Group is closed-- Malle Floral samples to pass around

I'd love to be a back up if there's any left, thank you!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Okay, Warum, you're it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you so much!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll try my darndest to see to it there's some left for you,Warum!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks, dear!

Th samples arrived three days ago, and I arrived the day before yesterday, but waited until the jetlag was concered befor testing the fort one.
    Une Rose.
    lovely, gorgious. Rose with something spicier to give it guts.
    And this is just the start, I sprayed it one hour ago.
    Where can I buy this in Dallas!????!!??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    Th samples arrived three days ago, and I arrived the day before yesterday, but waited until the jetlag was concered befor testing the fort one.
    Une Rose.
    lovely, gorgious. Rose with something spicier to give it guts.
    And this is just the start, I sprayed it one hour ago.
    Where can I buy this in Dallas!????!!??
    Hi FrouFrou! In case your question was not rhetorical!-- Northpark mall has a Barney's which carries Malle.

No, that was not rhetorical, The ''Une Rose'' is really lovely and so rosey, and the bf liked it too.
    And he always complains he doesn't like perfumes.
    But then he douses himself in Paco Rabanne Homme which isn't the most subtlest scent around so I am taking that with a pinch of salt anyway....

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I do love Une Rose but the part of it I like is the fresh rose note, before the spicier chypre-like notes evolve. And I really dislike the urinous note that I get on my skin very late in its development.

I have stopped wearing it on skin, since body heat speeds the development of the scent. Instead I've bought a large round filigree locket/aromatherapy cage pendant, sprayed a bit of colorful rice paper that I put inside the locket, and am wearing it on a chain over clothing.

So far, so good-- I'm getting the fresh rose note I love, but none of what I dislike.

I really like the spicy chypre notes as well! I don't get the urine note, luckily.
    The rice paper idea sounds good! Like a pomander! I actually brought a pendant, all openwork scrolls, it opens up if you take it off the chain and there's a pearl inside, but my idea was to put a bit of cotton wool in it sprayed with my favorite perfume!

Today it is Iris Poudre.
    Very lovely, very elegant and feminine. Stays very close to my skin though. I really have to push my nose up my wrist to get a good sniff, but it's worth it!
    Bf likes it, thinks it's good.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just a clarification based on a PM from FrouFrou -- everyone is to try all the samples, and I'm estimating 2 spritzes per sample will leave enough in the vials for everyone to try all of them.

The drydown on Iris poudre was also lovely, but by now it is so faint that if I had my own bottle it would definitely be time for a generous second helping!

So for tonight.... hmmmm I need to think of something to follow this one up which won't be to much of a shock after all this delicacy...

Today I tried the ''Lipstick Rose''...
    Oops, I didn't like it at all, Lipstick is a good name, there is definitely something lipsticky in it but I don't see why One would want that for a perfume. And it's sort of bubblegummy sweet. I keep getting flashes of teenagers in schoolrooms too. I don't get any rose on my skin.
    And it seems to irritate my skin too, right after spraying it on my wrist I got a burning sensation. So unfortunately a scrubber.
    I stuck it out for two hours, I did think the notes became much more balanced after some time, but I don't like it.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My daughter liked it; I didn't mind it but found it waxy (like a lipstick, I suppose.) It was an interesting scent, and could grow on me.

I agree it has depth, but I got slightly irritated every time I got a whiff of it.
    Now today...

Today it's En Passant!
    I usually go for the chypres, the heavy stuff, and only in very hot weather I suddenly turn to what I call in my own mind the ''Cucumber'' fragrances.
    (I know that's probably a very wrong way of putting it)
    My current favorite amongst the ''cucumber'' fragrances is Un Jardin sur le Nil, by Hermès, and as cucumber fragrances go I think that En Passant is more interesting although very linear.
    Of course there's lots of cucumber in it, and I'm afraid I don't get much lilac or orange blossom, but I love it, it starts out with a blast of rather sharp topnotes, but quickly settles down into a very fresh with spicy undertones fragrance.
    It's a hot day (for a Dutch girl) here in Dallas and it's the perfect fragrance for today!

The freshness lasts well into the drydown, but the spicy tones become slightly more pronounced.
    All in all very very nice!

hmmm now I do get some lilac... Still more cucumber though.
    It is quite interesting for a linear scent.
    The olfactorially challenged fiancee likes it too.

It's got virtually no sillage on me, but it has been hanging on since three hours.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Posts 37 to 55 are an interruption in this discussion to brainstorm about our Penhaligon's swap.
    Malle samples discussion resumes here at post 56-- click here to skip to that post by FrouFrou:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/261...=1#post1964002

This has nothing to do with Malle but I visited the Yale Center for British Art today and talked to the manager of the gift shop, where Penhaligon's is sold-- I showed her the original post of this thread and said we'd like to do the same with Penhaligon's samples if she would help us out.

Well! Talk about generosity! I got a bag of Penhaligon's samples of many fragrances (they do not sell all of them, however)-- I've just gotten home so haven't gone through them to categorize yet, but am going to be setting up one or more sampling groups ASAP for those.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 18th October 2010 at 06:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Dub me unforgiven -- even if Penhaligons' do not make fragrances for my skin, not that I know of including Elixir -- I am in. May I please?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd love to be in, too! I've never tried any of them and would love to.
    I'm waiting for an official sign up before going for lunch which is a good thing because I have a) bananas, and b) a load of computer work to do

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just counted the samples.

There are 111 samples in all! The manager was extravagantly generous! All but 4 are carded samples (she allowed me to decant a couple of the ones they didn't have samples of), but the cards add to the weight for mailing. That will mean greater shipping cost for every participant. To include or exclude the cards when mailing-- opinions?

Men's:
    Elixer- 2 decants
    Castile- 13 samples
    Blenheim Bouquet- 7 samples
    Douro-- 9 samples

Unisex:
    English Fern-- 8 samples
    Eau de Verveine-- 5 samples

Female:
    Lavandula-- 8 samples
    Amaranthine-- 2 samples
    Artemesia-- 12 samples
    LP #9 female: 4 samples
    Victorian Posy-- 5 samples
    Elizabethan Rose-- 7 samples
    Violetta-- 2 decants
    Bluebell-- 9 samples
    Lily of the Valley-- 10 samples
    Ellenisia-- 8 samples.

***I need opinions ladies-- should I set up separate groups for the men's and ladies fragrances, tossing into each group some of the unisex ones, or should I make 2 groups each the same?

Or should we set up separate groups for specific fragrances?

The fact is, there are a lot of samples, and not everyone will want to try every scent-- I would like to make this as inclusive as possible without overburdening each participant with postal costs.

Do share your opinions, then I will start threads for this sampling on the ladies and men's boards.

I'm off to get my flu shot, will be back later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't think cards are a true must have, unless there's no other way to identify a sample, but I doubt that. So my vote is to skip the cards (unless they're for identification) since they're heavier and make things harder to pack. On the other hand, if cards are important for people, I will be happy to have them, cost regardless.

Separate for men's and ladies' -- doubt that it's necessary since people here seem to cross gender lines with ease (I, for one, do care for trying Elixir along with eau de Verveine and other feminine scents). So I think specific fragrances would work best, especially if people would want to try multiple fragrances.

More ideas?

30 Roses, and many many thanks to you for organizing this! 111 samples is an incredible amount to deal with! How can I help??

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Warum,
    It occurs to me the cards also protect the glass vials from clanking against each other. A definite consideration.

Also, I am inclined to limit this to the USA, partly because of the fact that our "discontinued perfumes" samples seem to be temporarily (I hope) lost on their way to Greece, and partly because of the shipping cost. Opinions?

Gotta run, flu shot awaits, back later!

Post Thanks / Like

Leaving the cards attached or eliminating them is up to you, I would leave them attached to the vials, just for the reasons you have pointed out -- extra protection for the glass.

As for gender separation -- I would also agree that there is no need to -- those who are not interested in sampling men's fragrances will leave them untouched, but many people would love to try them all.

It all increases the cost of S&H, but it beats driving to the closest store (Chicago, I suppose, in my case, it would be 8 hours away or Las Vegas -- 11 hours away, or -- better -- $3.00 a pop at the sample retailers). It is a very valuable opportunity for those like me living far away from the fragrance boutiques.

Please make a list -- a graph -- a fragrance vertically and a person's name horizontally, we will check what we have tried and what we have left untouched.

Thank you for giving us all dreams and tools to make them come true.

I would like to be in if I would still have enough time. I will be posting my Malle samples to the next person as soon as possible.
    There's a lot though!
    I do think dividing them up would be a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

What about combining all the "like" samples into a decant? That would save some weight, and maybe give a better feel for what you've got to work with. Like Twolf, the ability to sample these is non-existent where I live. I will be glad to contribute decant bottles if that's how you want to go, or I would be glad to help with the cost in another way if you'd like. But please also put my name on the list...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Agreed with the cardboard protecting the glass.
    Also agree that it beats the trip to a store that carries the fragrances (wouldn't even know what it is for Penhaligons in my case) -- this way we can try them at home, freshly showered, and when we can appreciate them and ponder!

A list/table is a great idea, I can volunteer to do it in Excel and send to 30_Roses to print and include in the packages, if this helps.

Maybe we could create two large sets that include everything and focused sets for people interested in particular fragrances? Just a thought.

I can see where US only comes in, but maybe we can do it US first to make sure that the package gets shipped overseas only once and is least likely to be held by the customs, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to have a lot going on in the next several weeks so I won't be joining y'all, but I wanted to say what a good doobie you are for arranging all this, 30 Roses! It's quite an undertaking for you, and quite an amazing opportunity for all the insatiable scent-seekers of BN, so here's to you!

I also wanted to tell you what a great idea your locket is! I've been rather upset lately by a hot asphalt note I'm suddenly getting in the drydown of Une Rose. I'm hoping this shifts back to the earthiness I initially perceived and adored, but in the meantime it sounds like you've found a way to prolong the surreal rose aspect that makes Une Rose so special.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ok, great ideas and I have been brainstorming.

I'll leave the Penhaligon's cards on for protection. (Besides, they're pretty )

We have lots of scents and are likely to have lots interested, which would make the sampling go very slowly if we only have 2 groups. I'm thinking it might be good to have more like 4 groups. That would also reduce the postal cost for each package. After all, each member will need to send their package on to someone-- why make it costlier to mail?

Here is my idea:

The groups would have roughly the same number of samples of each scent. As there are only 2 of Violetta, I will make up 2 more decants of it from my own bottle so each group will have one. However, only groups #1 and #2 will have Elixer and Amaranthine. People who hadn't tried those specific ones would have to sign up for those specific groups. Everyone would request membership in the group of their choice.

Everyone samples everything they care to in their package. How much is up to the individual-- these are 1.5 ml glass vials with dabbers, so it's impossible to measure. Each person would focus on what they haven't tried yet. Sort of the honor system.

This is the most straightforward and requires less keeping track, but might leave people at the end of the receiving line with less to try if folks earlier on were inconsiderate.

***Question-- How many members should each group have? We want to be inclusive, but still have enough juice so each person would feel they could test the fragrances "enough" (whatever that is.)

Edit: removed obsolete material to shorten post.

How does this sound? If it sounds too loose, please make a counter proposal, but let's try not to drive ourselves crazy with record keeping. Spreadsheets are beyond my capability and I don't want to micromanage the sampling. I don't want people to be afraid to try the samples!

This is not the thread on which to sign on to groups.
    If you like this idea, I will start a new thread on Female board (and a heads-up thread on the men's board, but they will have to post on the ladies board thread.) Then people can sign on. Each group should have a limited number of members but it doesn't have to be small-- please make recommendations.

After we have enough members in each group, I will post the order of receiving, which will be in order of signing on to the group except that brand-new, just-joined-this-week members will be later in order of receiving. Each member will give their address to the member who is to ship to them.

What do you think?
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 18th October 2010 at 05:56 PM. Reason: removed obsolete material to shorten post for easier reading of thread

Post Thanks / Like

This is probably just me, but I get kinda of overwhelmed with a large number of samples all at once. Another alternative might be to send out half the samples in the first round (same # of groups, just fewer samples) now, then have another sign up for the second round. Having said that, I will still want to sample no matter what method you choose, and I will be glad to compile lists or whatever to help. Thank you once again for arranging this!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My husband thinks maybe 12 members per group-- does this sound good?

Coopmom, I hear you-- 14 to 16 scents to try is daunting. But I am assuming not everyone will be equally keen about all 16.

However, if most folks want to divide these groups further into two rounds, we can do that.

I'm going to check on whether Mom took her meds (she forgets)-- back in 20 min.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think four groups with multiple scents is fine. It would take more time for people who would try everything, less time for people who would try only a couple of things, but it will be free flowing enough. I think it's a plan! Again, I am admired your organizational skills and try to learn

Post Thanks / Like

Please sign me up with Group #1 or #2.

In my opinion, 12 people per group is too many and everybody needs to be very organized, 6-7 people in one group is more realistic in terms of logistics. Well, all depends on how many people will be signing up altogether, let's see.

E., even with 6-7 people in a group you can sign up for January or February or whatever works best for you. With 12 people you can sign up for May or June, I am sure.

Here comes another mandatory requirement: even with one sample per day it would be 4 weeks -- too long. Need to make it 20 days or less -- what do you say?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I agree to fewer per group. Say, maximum of 6 then? Then people don't have to worry that they are using too much juice and that others won't have enough.

14- 16 fragrances at 1 per day = only 14-16 days. Add a few days' grace period. So, keep no longer than 20 days. Good?

I'll save sign-ups for the actual thread I'll start. I propose letting FrouFrou be first if she wishes (she emailed me her interest), so she can try them before flying back to her country in early November.

Last call for objections or changes before I post the actual thread and invite members to join. I will post that thread at 10 pm eastern time.

I'm going to add 1 Amaranthine to groups 1 and 2 and 1 Elixer to groups 3 and 4 so no one feels left out.

What we have now is one mailing of 4 boxes, the 4 groups as above, 7 members per group, keep box no longer than 20 days.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 16th October 2010 at 01:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, just put me in a group. Would you maybe want to reserve one group just for the overseas folks?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ladies, the samples thread has been posted and the only one I signed up is FrouFrou. Please sign yourselves up ASAP!

Edit: Packages have been mailed and the discussion about the Penhaligon's samples continues here:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/262...cussion-Thread
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 18th October 2010 at 05:54 PM.

I loved being part of the group and sampling the Frederic Malle fragrances.
    I loved two of them, and they were all very good, real quality. So much nicer as most of the other scents, the new ones, the ''celebrity'' ones, the flankers.... (Miss Dior Cherie being my current most disliked flanker)

The samples are on their way to the next member!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks FrouFrou! Box 1 of the Penhaligon's is on its way to you as of an hour ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I received the samples from Froufrou today. I already have samples on each wrist tonight, so I will start these tomorrow. Can't wait!

Just received word my samples are on the way, something nice to look forward to...coopmom, which was your favorite?
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Post Thanks / Like

I liked them all, and appreciated the chance to try them - but my favorite was Une Rose. En Passant was just too lilac-y on me - lots of lilacs in the spring here in West Texas, so I know very well what they smell like. It was a very true lilac to me, but too much! I enjoyed Iris Poudre, but I had also just tested Prada's Infusion d'Iris, and I prefer that iris to the Malle. Not so sweet, a little drier...although the Malle Iris was also very nice. I liked Lipstick Rose, too. I also had a sample of Andy Tauer's Une Rose Vermeille, and these were similar to my nose. Both had the rose and violet thing going on, very bright and pretty. But Une Rose was the best for me. I didn't get the massive sillage that 30 Roses got - lasted only about 3 hours for me. Isn't that crazy? I guess my dry perfume-eatin' skin is the culprit. But I liked the fresh rose of Une Rose. I would wear this again and again if I had the chance.

Thanks, 30 Roses for the chance to try these. I will be sending them on to rtamara41 tomorrow. I'm anxious to hear her impressions when she tries them.