Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Talking Group is closed-- Malle Floral samples to pass around

Update edit: We have six members now so the group is closed.

I realize many of you don't live anywhere near Barney's and that Frédéric Malle samples are hard to come by.

When we visited Barney's this summer I obtained a few samples, and I still have another left from last year:

Lipstick Rose and Iris Poudre -- I sprayed each once
    Une Rose-- sample wasn't sprayed at all, because I bought this fragrance
    En Passant from last year --I sprayed this one twice.

Une Rose is very strong and at 25% concentration (the others are 12%-12.5%). I do not recommend using both sprays at once -- I sprayed it on twice at the store and nearly gassed myself out, finally having to scrub it off many hours later!

Also about Une Rose, you might want to try it once on skin and once on clothing -- I prefer the slower development myself; the fresher rose note lasts longer that way. That is just a suggestion-- do as you please! As an aside, in the store I sprayed Une Rose on a blotter and tucked the blotter into the credit application folder the SA gave me. It took a full 2 months for the fresh notes to progress to the spicier notes. And it's still going strong! That is one very long lasting perfume, folks.

The carded spray samples theoretically held 2 ml. when new. I'm estimating 7-8 sprays per ml, so these probably have 12 -16 sprays of fragrance in them.

Let's limit this group to 6 people so each one can get 2 sprays of each fragrance.

• USA only this time, please, and let's keep them no longer than 2 weeks, less time if possible.

• I'm bagging each sample in a separate zipper type plastic bag to help reduce evaporation and cross contamination. Please do the same before mailing to the next person.

• Please post when you receive and when you ship to the next person. Opinions are welcome too!

Note: If I don't already have your address, please PM me with it, and when we have 6 members I'll let each of you know whom to ship to. Last person ships back to me-- or if we get more than 6 people interested, the 7th will receive if there is still anything left in the vials.

If this works out well, then the next time I visit Barney's I'll request a few different samples and we can do this again.

Please feel free to participate even if you are new or if you are part of our current group passing fragrances around.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 12th October 2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: update

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Malle Floral Samples To Pass Around to 6 Basenoters, USA only please

Have tried all four and will not be interested, not this time. However, to other Basenoters: you guys grab that opportunity, it is very rare in its preciousness. And free of charge. And having a personal touch.

To 30R.: thanks again for going above and beyond. Hugs to you and mama.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Malle Floral Samples To Pass Around to 6 Basenoters, USA only please

Twolf, check your messages.

My sampling has been rather dormant of late, and I would love to participate in this...I think I have sampled two of these in the past, but it feels like a childhood memory at this point! Will pm you.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Great, that's ONE!

Five more to go. Where is everyone today? Probably out enjoying the great weather while I slave over the stove, LOL.

Me again, 30 R... No Frederick Malle in this part of Texas! If it's not rude to take advantage of your generosity twice in a row, I would love to participate. And if it is rude, my apologies and just say so...
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

It's fine, welcome!

Also, even if someone has tried these before and just wants to try them again, and even if you own one or two of them, join us!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Bumping this for anyone who missed it yesterday....

Guys are welcome to the group too.

I would love to sample Malle, never have been able to.
    But can one apply as a new basenotes member?
    I will be in America for a month, arriving Friday, does that count as ''America only''?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Yes indeed, we'll make sure you get the samples early on so you will have a chance to try them during your visit.

And yes newbies are welcome! We were all new here at one time.

Come on folks, we need 3 more BNers!
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 4th October 2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: typo

Waw! I am really excited! Thank you!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Anyone else? We have room for 3 more to join the group. Guys are welcome too.

I'm mailing the package to FrouFrou first because of her time constraints and it is going out today.

Edit:
    The package is on its way to FrouFrou but we still have room for 3 more Basenoters.
    Even if there's only one you haven't tried, join the group!
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 4th October 2010 at 07:18 PM.

I haven't tried any of these and would love to participate if you're still taking names.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Yay, you're #4! Please PM me your address and you'll be 4th to get the samples.

There's room for 2 more, folks. Anyone?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Bump

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Dennard has joined us.

There is still room for one more!

What a kind and generous offer, 30Roses!
    I've tried them all so will give someone else a chance. Just wanted to say I love these threads, especially after a day full of emails that are, let's say, not as warm and generous!
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

That's kind of you to say.

Sorry you've had unpleasant emails to deal with!

I'd be grateful if there's still room!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Yes! Okay, we have our six.

The group is closed and the order of mailing is:

1. FrouFrou (samples are already in the mail heading to where FrouFrou is staying while she's in the USA)
    2. coopmom
    3. rtamara41
    4. NebraskaLovesScents
    5. Dennard
    6. PerfumedLady

Then back to me if there is any perfume left, unless there is someone else who asks to be a backup recipient. (I've estimated how many sprays in the vials but it's possible there may be a bit left over when all 6 have tried them.)

Have fun and tell us which (if any) you like!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Group is closed-- Malle Floral samples to pass around

I'd love to be a back up if there's any left, thank you!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Okay, Warum, you're it!

Blog Entries

Thank you so much!

I'll try my darndest to see to it there's some left for you,Warum!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Blog Entries

Thanks, dear!

Th samples arrived three days ago, and I arrived the day before yesterday, but waited until the jetlag was concered befor testing the fort one.
    Une Rose.
    lovely, gorgious. Rose with something spicier to give it guts.
    And this is just the start, I sprayed it one hour ago.
    Where can I buy this in Dallas!????!!??

Quote Originally Posted by FrouFrou View Post
    Th samples arrived three days ago, and I arrived the day before yesterday, but waited until the jetlag was concered befor testing the fort one.
    Une Rose.
    lovely, gorgious. Rose with something spicier to give it guts.
    And this is just the start, I sprayed it one hour ago.
    Where can I buy this in Dallas!????!!??
    Hi FrouFrou! In case your question was not rhetorical!-- Northpark mall has a Barney's which carries Malle.

No, that was not rhetorical, The ''Une Rose'' is really lovely and so rosey, and the bf liked it too.
    And he always complains he doesn't like perfumes.
    But then he douses himself in Paco Rabanne Homme which isn't the most subtlest scent around so I am taking that with a pinch of salt anyway....

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I do love Une Rose but the part of it I like is the fresh rose note, before the spicier chypre-like notes evolve. And I really dislike the urinous note that I get on my skin very late in its development.

I have stopped wearing it on skin, since body heat speeds the development of the scent. Instead I've bought a large round filigree locket/aromatherapy cage pendant, sprayed a bit of colorful rice paper that I put inside the locket, and am wearing it on a chain over clothing.

So far, so good-- I'm getting the fresh rose note I love, but none of what I dislike.

I really like the spicy chypre notes as well! I don't get the urine note, luckily.
    The rice paper idea sounds good! Like a pomander! I actually brought a pendant, all openwork scrolls, it opens up if you take it off the chain and there's a pearl inside, but my idea was to put a bit of cotton wool in it sprayed with my favorite perfume!

Today it is Iris Poudre.
    Very lovely, very elegant and feminine. Stays very close to my skin though. I really have to push my nose up my wrist to get a good sniff, but it's worth it!
    Bf likes it, thinks it's good.